[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pets

nuke'em ttg

saw Sky take some cat abuse, hence the poll......had cats & dogs & fish growin up, my son has bad pet allergies so we just have fish :D

sheep ( ) reservation for 1......... :D

Edited by nuke'em ttg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Never have understood the hate for cats some people have.

But, over the years we have had:

Dogs

Cats

Goat

Pig

Fish

When I was a kid we had no pets until I was around 14. Then I had a dog. My wife on the other hand had pets around from the gitgo. Including a skunk, a bobcat, birds, cats, dogs, and a whole menagerie of other types.

LOL Never have understood the hate for cats some people have.

1480852[/snapback]

I'm allergic like a bassturd, that certainly doesn't help. And to me they're useless. A dog can protect your house and family, fetch the paper, catch a frisbee, go swimming, etc. A cat sit arounds and does a whole lot of nothing. Pretty much useless. Might as well get a stuffed teddy bear (insert plug for Keggerz here), at least they don't sh*t and p*ss in the house.

I'm allergic like a bassturd, that certainly doesn't help. And to me they're useless. A dog can protect your house and family, fetch the paper, catch a frisbee, go swimming, etc. A cat sit arounds and does a whole lot of nothing. Pretty much useless. Might as well get a stuffed teddy bear (insert plug for Keggerz here), at least they don't sh*t and p*ss in the house.

1480854[/snapback]

Had a couple of cats on the farm I lived on for a few years. They weren't pets though and didn't live in the house. They lived in the barn and let me tell you... they were NOT useless.... small varmits were not happy to meet those cats. :D

Cat next door (daughters) lives mostly outside. Whenever a mouse shows up in their house (seldom) they bring the cat in... that night it is buh-bye to the mouse. Everytime. Don't see their two dogs taking care of business like that.

I have never seen a reason for a dog being in a house. Dogs belong outside with room to roam. Keeping a dog of any kind of size inside is just cruel FMPOV.

We've a cat, Spooky and a fish, Julian...

a rescue person will be coming by tonight for an interview and house inspection with our potential next dog, a Lab/beagle mix

1480871[/snapback]

Note to DJ: Tonight is not a good night to bring out the herb.

Had a couple of cats on the farm I lived on for a few years. They weren't pets though and didn't live in the house. They lived in the barn and let me tell you... they were NOT useless.... small varmits were not happy to meet those cats. :D

Cat next door (daughters) lives mostly outside. Whenever a mouse shows up in their house (seldom) they bring the cat in... that night it is buh-bye to the mouse. Everytime. Don't see their two dogs taking care of business like that.

1480867[/snapback]

Good point, and fair enough. Our neighbors have a couple of cats, and they hang out on our property sometimes. I have no problem with this for the exact reasons you mentioned above. They're smart enough not to go into the back yard where my dogs hang out too. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I have never seen a reason for a dog being in a house. Dogs belong outside with room to roam. Keeping a dog of any kind of size inside is just cruel FMPOV.

1480867[/snapback]

That's funny, because I've always wondered why anyone would get a dog if they were not going to let it in the house. What seemed cruel to me was seeing dogs who are left out in the cold 24/7 all winter.

They're smart enough not to go into the back yard where my dogs hang out too. :D

1480879[/snapback]

LOL Bet they tease them a bit though.

One of these days I will have to tell you my killer cat story. Cat had to weigh in at 40lbs at least. F'er was HUGH!

LOL Bet they tease them a bit though.

1480889[/snapback]

Funny you say that. They'll come right up to the front glass door when it's closed, drives the freaking dogs nuts. The dogs wouldn't hurt the cat, they would just want to see what the cat was about. The problem is, they are big dogs and high energy, so when they go to check something out or say hello, it's intimidating because they come at you fast and furious, albeit harmless. They reserve the killing for chipmunks, squirrels and birds, which they're quite proficient at.

Although I did find a dead cat under my shed a few years ago, but I'm sure that was not something the dogs did. I think it was an old cat that found a quiet place to die.

I generally stay away from these topics due to many huddlers disdain for cats. Some of you are downright rotten. :D Love dogs but do not live a lifestyle to be able to properly care for a dog. I could not pen the thing up like some people do.

The Mrs. and I have three abyssinian cats. All are indoor and have their claws. While they look similar in shape to a Siamese, their faces resemble that of a small cougar. And the ears are trademark. A kitten looks like it's all ears. :D

Yes cats are lazy. Who cares? If you have fish, what would you call them?

Enjoy your dogs, cats, ponies, frogs, birds, etc. :D

Although I did find a dead cat under my shed a few years ago, but I'm sure that was not something the dogs did. I think it was an old cat that found a quiet place to die.

1480895[/snapback]

Found the same thing Hugh under my porch a few years back. Unfortunately, the porch was built over an set of concrete stairs. The cat got up on top of the slab and in between the floor joists to final rest. After a while, a foul stench appeared. Not a pretty site removing the cat. In pieces. :D

That's funny, because I've always wondered why anyone would get a dog if they were not going to let it in the house.  What seemed cruel to me was seeing dogs who are left out in the cold 24/7 all winter.

1480887[/snapback]

Especially if you live in the upper midwest. Leaving a dog out in that winter weather is stupid, cruel and inexcusable.

dog v cat story.......had a bigmouth neighbor that kept his dog "Bear" in a 4'x6' kennel, always flipped sh!t about bear eatin my cat "Tuff Cat" well bear got out and tuff cat latched on to bears face :D that was one sweet nite of beer drinkin out on the deck :D

1480867[/snapback]

That's probably because they aren't the right type of dog. You can get dogs that will hunt varmits.

As far as dogs being in a house, I think that overlooks a dog's need to be with their people. Dogs are very social animals, and have an uncanny nack for interaction with humans. It's almost like it's been bred into them.

I don't mind cats, but don't want one as a pet. Then again I have Birds, and that would be a bad mix.