[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D Jackson

hawkeyes

Anyone know if D. Jackson will play tonight?

Would like to see him get some action before week 1.

Any news on his knee?

No, Jackson will not be playing tonight. He hasn't even practiced with the team yet this preseason, so it is important that he returns to practice this coming week, if he plans on taking the field week 1 in Detroit.

Any news on his knee?

who cares. Guy is a proven vet, they are gonna be careful with him. DJax can step right in and produce in the regular season- preason is a non-factor for him.

Any news on his knee?

It is somewhat disconcerting that Seattle recently bumped him back a week in their time table for returning to practice. It's great that they are giving him time to heal, but it's still not a real positive sign.

who cares. Guy is a proven vet, they are gonna be careful with him. DJax can step right in and produce in the regular season- preason is a non-factor for him.

I hope you are right, but the fact that he was supposed to be healthy enough to play some time ago concerns me. I'm not as convinced he has his health back yet.

I hope you are right, but the fact that he was supposed to be healthy enough to play some time ago concerns me. I'm not as convinced he has his health back yet.

I agree, & will go one further. I have a nagging feeling he will not be ready week one.

This is exactly like last season, when they kept extending how long he would be out, & It's the same FL doctor involved in the decision.

Plus, to my thinking, after 6 months off, how could you possibly be in game condition, & have your receiving timing down, after only one week of practice? I don't care how much running on the side you've done, I simply don't think it's possible.

Edited by Bonehand

Yeah, I have to downgrade Darrell Jackson below the huddle estimate of him being the 14th ranked WR. Kind of hurts me, because I would otherwise like to keep him and my other options for keepers are also uncertain--Chris Brown and Jake Plummer are probably my next best prospects that I can take in my 3rd keeper spot.

But after last season with him always being 3-4 weeks from returning, then so much time off in the offseason, and then not practicing or playing this preseason, I don't think that he will be really healthy and in stride until at least a month or so into the season.

Jackson has been practicing with the team the whole pre season and his knee is the same if not better then it was in the super bowl he hasnt played because it would be pointless to play him against other teams and put some ware and tear on him and risk getting hurt. He'll be ready for the first game. Djax is gonna be on fire this year, I hope I can snag him in my draft.

Jackson has been practicing with the team the whole pre season and his knee is the same if not better then it was in the super bowl he hasnt played because it would be pointless to play him against other teams and put some ware and tear on him and risk getting hurt. He'll be ready for the first game. Djax is gonna be on fire this year, I hope I can snag him in my draft.

Sounds like a homers opinion to me. I've heard rumers that he's got a deginerative knee condition. Their were rumblings of PWarrick having the same kind of condition a few years ago and he's just now getting back to close to 100%. Personally, He's not even on my board, but Buerlson and Engram have moved up a few spots.

If he's as close to 100% as you're saying Seahawk he would at least have played a few snaps in the week 3 game.

Sounds like a homers opinion to me. I've heard rumers that he's got a deginerative knee condition. Their were rumblings of PWarrick having the same kind of condition a few years ago and he's just now getting back to close to 100%. Personally, He's not even on my board, but Buerlson and Engram have moved up a few spots.

If he's as close to 100% as you're saying Seahawk he would at least have played a few snaps in the week 3 game.

I agree. I've heard he hasn't been practicing. When your timetable to return keeps getting pushed back, again and again, it's never a good sign. I'm going to let other owners pick him in my drafts.

I agree. I've heard he hasn't been practicing. When your timetable to return keeps getting pushed back, again and again, it's never a good sign. I'm going to let other owners pick him in my drafts.

I took him in the 4th round, 44th pick overall. I found it hard to pass up, thinking even if it takes him a few weeks of the reg. season to get to 100% I'll get the production I need.....not sure now if it was the best move for me. Time will tell.

'37 is incorrect on that point. Jackson has NOT practiced with the team at all this preseason.

In addition to his injury woes extending to last season, There are also rumors locally that D-Jax has attitude issues toward the team, stemming from promises made to Jackson by Bob Whitsett regarding his contract, that were not followed thru on before Ruskell took office. I stress that this is rumor, but if the Hawks are indeed pursuing Branch, It may lend credence to that theory, that they would be doing so we an eye to replacing D-Jax down the road.

Edited by Bonehand

There are also rumors locally that D-Jax has attitude issues toward the team, stemming from promises made to Jackson by Bob Whitsett regarding his contract, that were not followed thru on before Ruskell took office. I stress that this is rumor, but if the Hawks are indeed pursuing Branch, It may lend credence to that theory, that they would be doing so we an eye to replacing D-Jax down the road.

This situation seems to get worse. Even Holmgren alluded to the fact that he had to have a "talk" w/ Jackson to discuss his attitude towards the team. Seahawks 37 said that Jackson was practicing with the team? I haven't heard that.

This situation seems to get worse. Even Holmgren alluded to the fact that he had to have a "talk" w/ Jackson to discuss his attitude towards the team. Seahawks 37 said that Jackson was practicing with the team? I haven't heard that.

The below article excerpt is from Monday. Jackson has not practiced since.

"Seahawks’ Jackson still targeting season opener

MIKE SANDO; The News Tribune

Published: August 25th, 2006 01:00 AM

"Fans remained patient. They’ll have to wait a while longer to get a glimpse of Jackson on the field. The 27-year-old receiver remains sidelined after knee surgery in April.

“My game and my plan was to play in the first game of the season (Sept. 10), and that’s what we’ve been sticking to,” Jackson said, “and right now we’re going to hit that goal, it looks like.”

Jackson missed 10 games last season after undergoing surgery to repair torn cartilage. He underwent a second procedure after helping Seattle to its first Super Bowl.

Coach Mike Holmgren, speaking in general about several injured players, including Jackson, said earlier in camp that he hoped those players would return for the team’s game Saturday night at San Diego.

“I never knew I was going to be ready for this game this week,” Jackson said. “I don’t know where that information came (from).”

Jackson has followed a timetable laid out by Dr. John Uribe, who performed both surgeries on the receiver’s right knee. Uribe does not work for the Seahawks. Jackson consulted with Uribe over the weekend; Uribe, based in Miami, advised him to continue his rehabilitation.

Jackson hasn’t played in a game or practiced since early February. He has performed well after missing practices in the past, but this marks the longest layoff of his career."

By the way, these discrepencies of timeline between Holmgren & Uribe extend to last season, when Jackson was originally supposed to return 2 weeks earlier than he did. The fact that it's not the Seahawks team doctors making the call on when D-Jax will return has added nothing but confusion to this whole issue.

Edited by Bonehand

ok, ok I am officially worried about DJax. the on thing though, Djax has shown he is able to play without practicing, and play with pain, so I am still hopeful he will be able to go full tilt week 1

I concerned too, but it's too late for me....I own he. Thanks guys for all the good info.

The Seahawks' interest in Deion Branch was reportedly correlated to their concern with Darrell Jackson's knee.

Jackson is questionable to practice next week, let alone play in Week 1. Nate Burleson and Bobby Engram or D.J. Hackett would enter the season starting if Jackson remains out.

DJack owners beware

It's his quadricep, not his knee. He's having trouble getting the mass back in his quad (I had a similar problem after a knee scope). The strength is there, just not equal mass of the other leg. They're are just being cautious. I expect he'll be there in week two. They don't need him versus the Lions, and week two is a divisional game with the Cards. He'll get the extra rehaba nd practice time and be ready to go in the second game. Mark it down.