[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Boys are Back

Cowboyz1

Ok guys and gals. I've been pretty quite for the most part. That's all about to change. I'm all in with this years team and here's why.

We have a running game now and that will make Romo in Co. lethal. I have watched Murray run now for 4 weeks and rewatched every game twice to be sure my eyes were not lieing to me again. After Murray broke Emmitt Smiths record against the Seagulls, I was comparing him to Hamrbrick. Then when he followed that up another 100 plus yard game I was comparing him to Jones (Jules). But then when he followed that up with yet two more 100 plus performances while sitting down linebackers in the whole with, dare I say, Barry Sanders jukes, then kicking in the jets and running away from corners, I am now comparing him to a cross between Dickerson and Marcus Allen. But then when I saw him jump over a cornerback standing up and then running over two linebackers in a game we are up by 30 points, I am now ready to annoint.

Murray will lead this team to the playoffs this year. Since Murray has come in to the lineup Romo picks have disappeared and the points per game have gone off the chart.

If you look back at the beginning of the season, we had a rookie line, a QB with broken ribs, our two starting wide outs were hurt AND we didn't have Robinson to make sure Ogletree and Holley stayed on the bench and special teams.

The line had problems and Felix was running for minus yards or 1 yard on first down. The Offense was averaging less then 3 yards a play on first down. Thus the Offense was totally dependant on Romo who was playing with broken ribs to move down the field. Thus picks and a one dimensional offense.

Now, Holland inserted to the lineup has given the O line stability and have performed well in pass protection and run blocking. First down average is now over 4 yards per play thus putting down and distance in great shape. Romo is now healthy and moving away from pressure and making sick throws. But Murray is making all the difference. Teams now have to content with a legit tailback that can make you miss and take it to the house. We have Robinson as a legit WR opposite Bryant who is just now getting into game shape and learning the offense after being hurt his first year and missed the entire off season due to the lock out. You can see what he is capable of.

Now on the opposite side of the ball Lee is the tonic. Lee is just so much better at calling the Defense and covering in space it is rediculous. When he is in the line up the D is night and day from when James and Brooking are starting. Ware is on a tear and going to the pro bowl again with the sack title in hand. Now if we could just get Spencer going or Carter coached up as a Rookie to team up with Lee, man oh man what this D could do.

Going forward teams are going to have to deal with Felix AND Murray in the backfield along with a line that's protecting and Romo who is as deadly as Rodgers when he has time.

This team is getting better week by week and I am not going out on a limb by calling it now.

The Cowboys will not only make the playoffs but WILL be in the Divisional playoff game!

I am hoping for a Green Bay vs. Dallas Championship game in GB. I hope it's cold but clear so we can see once in for all a Rodgers, Romo game for the ages.

Romo is going to prove all the haters wrong once and for all. All he needed was a running game and a line that can do it's job and be healthy. He has it, and now that all the excuses are gone will show everyone what I have known for a long time. Romo is an Elite QB and is about to go on a TD tear that will be remembered in Cowboys lore for years to come. He has already broken almost all the Cowboys QB records and now only needs wins in playoffs to move him into the next level of conversation.

Funny how Eli and Rivers can continually throw bonehead passes and fumble snaps but not get killed in the media like Romo.

Cowboys are Back!

Edited by Cowboyz1

It's never quite clear to me if these posts are the exceptional insights of a rabid homer, or borderline delusional. Based on seniority, I'll stick with choice #1.

I like Dallas as a wild card team. I'm afraid that in spite of all the offensive talent, Romo is going to find a way to break your heart. Again.

Gotta love the enthusiasm.... But it's so damn repetetive it's almost laughable :lol:

Cowboyz1 goes on a few rants

Then the real Cowboys go on a slide

Romo is once again thrown to the media wolves

And Cowboyz1 gets a new Cowboys suck sig

Mark it down He's Back!! :tup:

:wacko:

I'm due damn it! I'm due.............

It's never quite clear to me if these posts are the exceptional insights of a rabid homer, or borderline delusional. Based on seniority, I'll stick with choice #1.

I like Dallas as a wild card team. I'm afraid that in spite of all the offensive talent, Romo is going to find a way to break your heart. Again.

I'd have to agree with that, there is some good insight and he is a rabid homer. If he were being delusional he'd be predicting they make to the NFC championship game, or SB or even win the SB. All he's predicting is that they make the playoffs and win a game (advancing to divisional round, they won't be the 1/2 seed and have a bye). Its all quite possible as several other NFC teams (DET, ATL, PHI) continue to slide down the standings.

Comparing Demarco Murray with Barry Sanders confirms delusion.

C'mon man!

Wait a minute, did you see that move in the whole where a linebacker was getting ready to tackle him and he sat down and reached for air. I have only seen that from a few backs. Now I am not at all saying he is going to have anything like that career Sanders had, what I am saying is he made a Barry Sanders like move and then ran away from some fast players like Dickerson.

That's all. Just wanted to be clear.

I'd have to agree with that, there is some good insight and he is a rabid homer. If he were being delusional he'd be predicting they make to the NFC championship game, or SB or even win the SB. All he's predicting is that they make the playoffs and win a game (advancing to divisional round, they won't be the 1/2 seed and have a bye). Its all quite possible as several other NFC teams (DET, ATL, PHI) continue to slide down the standings.

Give it a while it will get better :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Yeah, I've been a lurker here for a few years and have seen Cowboyz1's posts before. "We've turned the corner, this is our week/year" then after a bad game "Wow, the coach, player, etc. really are bad."

This just seemed less delusion and more realistic than some of the past posts.

Here's what's going to happen. You're going to play 3 horrendous teams in the next 3 games (was, mia, ari). You will no doubt skeet all over this board about how these 3 tomato can games are proof that Dallas will sleepwalk all the way to Indy. Then they'll play the Giants twice in the last 4 weeks, and guaranteed they'll have a 4th quarter lead in one or both of those games which Romo will muck up royally and give the division (and season) away.

Book it.

Wait a minute, did you see that move in the whole where a linebacker was getting ready to tackle him and he sat down and reached for air. I have only seen that from a few backs. Now I am not at all saying he is going to have anything like that career Sanders had, what I am saying is he made a Barry Sanders like move and then ran away from some fast players like Dickerson.

That's all. Just wanted to be clear.

Murray is a power runner who also has lateral ability. Sanders was 200 pounds 5'8 and simply the best lateral runner ever. No comparison, but I do like the looks of Murray, think he's going to be a great back and can't wait to see Dallas and GB square off in the playoffs, maybe even in the NFC championship game.

I think of Murray as more of a Emmitt Smith, not a Barry Sanders.

What amazes me is that Garrett seems to all of a sudden go back to the old Jimmy Johnson playbook, which is what I have been preaching for him to do all this time, just when Murray is starting. Why did he wait this long? No more putting games on Romo's shoulders in the first half. If Garrett will run these guys like Jimmy would, then we have us a damm good team.

Here's what's going to happen. You're going to play 3 horrendous teams in the next 3 games (was, mia, ari). You will no doubt skeet all over this board about how these 3 tomato can games are proof that Dallas will sleepwalk all the way to Indy. Then they'll play the Giants twice in the last 4 weeks, and guaranteed they'll have a 4th quarter lead in one or both of those games which Romo will muck up royally and give the division (and season) away.

Book it.

you know, Eli has screwed up as many games as Romo. I think Eli has less of a team around him and is more susceptable to failing by his own hand. I can't wait.

Been a while. I had to make up for lost threads........... :tup:

Dammit, Z. We were happily flying under the radar, and now you've gone and done it. Jinxed us again! As we saw against the Eagles, this team can crater at any moment. Can we just enjoy the ride for once? You'll know I'm believing again when I take the 'bags' off the avvy.

'Believing' entails getting through the next two games with wins, and then knocking the G-Men off in the first matchup. Until then, Dallas is still an overachieving .500 team in my view.

Dammit, Z. We were happily flying under the radar, and now you've gone and done it. Jinxed us again! As we saw against the Eagles, this team can crater at any moment. Can we just enjoy the ride for once? You'll know I'm believing again when I take the 'bags' off the avvy.

'Believing' entails getting through the next two games with wins, and then knocking the G-Men off in the first matchup. Until then, Dallas is still an overachieving .500 team in my view.

Your a DIE hard! So take those silly bags off your head and DIE HARD! Kept quite as long as possible but I can't let my boys down by not calling it like I see it.

All we needed was a solid running game that the play caller could trust. We have that and now its gonna get even better with Felix showing up in the mix so long as they don't try to get cute. keep up the power running with a few split screens sprinkled I..

Edited by Cowboyz1

I LOVE these threads. They are usually followed by a precipitous fall by the Cowboys, where upon cowboyz1 goes back into hiding while the rest of the diehards are left holding the bag and explaining why DAL continues to suck.

Excuse me but I have held my share of bags on this site and I NEVer disappear much to the shaggrin of my fellow boys fans sometimes. I'm here win or loss and you BB should no that by now.

Excuse me but I have held my share of bags on this site and I NEVer disappear much to the shaggrin of my fellow boys fans sometimes. I'm here win or loss and you BB should no that by now.

the other Cowboys fans should thank you for the black eye they will wear after this week based on history....

....and I need Dallas to do well because I have Murray, Witten and....maybe Laurent on my fantasy team.....:wacko: GREAT TIMING 'Z!!....the 1st time I had to start Witten all year with Jimmy Graham on a bye :tup: