[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens on PTI

Goopster24

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said, she said. Eagles claim they did not make him sign a waiver, but Owens may have signed one with Dr. Mark Myerson. Is he the team's doctor? I really do not know.

922594[/snapback]

They didn't make him sign a waiver. He voluntarily signed one in order to play in the Superbowl.

Who really wanted that more? The Eagles who had won a bunch of games in a row without him, and thought he'd be hobbled... or the most gigantic ego in football thinking that he was going to miss his only chance at a Superbowl?

I have heard from a very, very big Steeler fan that there is a rumor that T.O. could be traded to the Steelers for Hines Ward and a 2nd rounder next year.  I maks some sense but I have no idea how credible it is. :D

922278[/snapback]

Only way that Whines Hard agrees to that one is if his buddy the Bus were included in the package. :D

They didn't make him sign a waiver.  He voluntarily signed one in order to play in the Superbowl.

Who really wanted that more?  The Eagles who had won a bunch of games in a row without him, and thought he'd be hobbled... or the most gigantic ego in football thinking that he was going to miss his only chance at a Superbowl?

922784[/snapback]

For the record I vote gigantic ego if there is any doubt where I stand.

Interesting point you brought up, TO saying he signed a "secret" waiver. The Eagles are stating he did not sign a waiver with the team and was not even asked. The article further speculates that he may have signed a waiver with Dr. Mark Myerson.

TO mentioned in the ESPN Halftime show that he found one doctor willing to clear him out of all the doctors he had seen before...but then that doctor changed his mind at the last minute. So I, maybe a bit too hastily, thought that TO may have signed a waiver with the doctor, not the team. It would be interesting to see if a copy of this "secret" waiver ever shows up.

Ah well... :D

I think that if that trade works out, the Eagles actually become the best team in the league... Hines Ward on that team is a lot scarier to me than Terrell Owens...  :D

922320[/snapback]

The owner of the Eagles said on ESPN yesterday that there are 2 options for T.O. 1) He fulfills the obligations of the contract that HE signed or, 2) he'll sit out the season and get nothing. Plus he is dangerously close to being suspended for the season without pay because he continues to violate the respect clause HE signed in his contract. He said he will NOT be traded.

Beyond that, other than the Raiders, why would anyone want T.O. and all his baggage? He's not a team player...never has been...never will be. No NFL organization is going give up a 1st round pick plus a quality starter on their team for T.O.

I have heard from a very, very big Steeler fan that there is a rumor that T.O. could be traded to the Steelers for Hines Ward and a 2nd rounder next year.  I maks some sense but I have no idea how credible it is. :D

922278[/snapback]

Shoot me now. Just shoot me now. Trading for the insolent who put the TO in TOad? NEVER!! Bah!!

He's an overinflated three-year-old who has incredible phyisical skills but has the same grip on reality as Mike Tyson (but apparently, to his credit, better actions towards women). Has TO forgotten he begged fought and pleaded to get out of SF to anywhere -- and then wet his pants when it was Baltimore, launching into more begging, fighting, and pleading to get from there specifically to Philly? He orchestrated this, landed a 7-YEAR contract worth 49-MILLION and now that's insulting -- after proving that signing him wouldn't help Philly win a superbowl? Tyson! Tyson! -- Hey, there's a TO in TysOn.

TOad to my beloved Steeeeeelers? Nope. He's on the list of players (along with Meion Sanders, Meshawn Johson, Ricky Williams, and Ray Ray Lewis) who should never be allowed to wear black & gold, no matter the situation.