[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens on PTI

Goopster24

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles should just trade him to the Falcons.  Owens lives in Atlanta, and it would give Vick a stud WR.  Maybe trade him for Peerless Price and a pick?

922268[/snapback]

For this to happen, the FalCANS would have to want T.O.

Guess what? Blank has already publicly stated that he does not want T.O. on his team

For this to happen, the FalCANS would have to want T.O.

Guess what? Blank has already publicly stated that he does not want T.O. on his team

922329[/snapback]

I missed that, interesting though. Do you have a link possibly?

There were only 2 teams interested in Owens before last season. Does anyone think there will be GM's lining up to grab him now? Seems unlikely.

I have heard from a very, very big Steeler fan that there is a rumor that T.O. could be traded to the Steelers for Hines Ward and a 2nd rounder next year.  I maks some sense but I have no idea how credible it is. :D

922278[/snapback]

Yeah , I wish!

A "thinking" GM should, at this point only want to pay him something like:

League minimum +

if you don't talk to a single reporter all year (including offseason) the incentive bonuses below kick in:

Incentive bonuses:

$500,000 per TD after the first six (10 TDs in a season is worth $2 million; 15 TDs are worth $4.5 million) +

$75k per yard after the first 1000 (1600 yards is worth $4.5 million)

...shut up and play ball at a high level and you earn big $$s...otherwise, if you're a distraction, nothing...

A "thinking" GM should, at this point only want to pay him something like:

League minimum +

if you don't talk to a single reporter all year (including offseason) the incentive bonuses below kick in:

Incentive bonuses:

$500,000 per TD after the first six (10 TDs in a season is worth $2 million; 15 TDs are worth $4.5 million) +

$75k per yard after the first 1000 (1600 yards is worth $4.5 million)

...shut up and play ball at a high level and you earn big $$s...otherwise, if you're a distraction, nothing...

922352[/snapback]

All T.O. had to do was play this year then the money would come..... he's due a 7.5 million roster bonus for next year LINK

Just send him down to Charlotte, and he could wind up in "Big Cat's" office like Vodka Collins. Carolina had some bad years with Lane and Carruth, but with Fox at the helm along with Hurney(GM), Mr. Richardson is finally getting the type franchise he envisioned-make no mistake, Carolina is on of the best franchises in the leauge. Peace PD.

Hmmm TO and Smitty would be interesting :D

Philly should tell him that he is free to seek trade offers right now.

Make it very public that they are taking offers for trade.

Then, when nobody offers squat for this team-ruining moron... maybe he'll get knocked down a peg.

922458[/snapback]

Bingo.

Philly should tell him that he is free to seek trade offers right now.

Make it very public that they are taking offers for trade.

Then, when nobody offers squat for this team-ruining moron... maybe he'll get knocked down a peg.

922458[/snapback]

I totally agree. Sad thing is that I really like the Eagles young WRs (Greg Lewis & Reggie Brown). As an Eagles fan, I would love to have Owens play if all this crap hadn't happened. He is no doubt a top 3 WR. But with all this ripping McNabb and telling Reid to shut up, there is no need for him on the team. I am getting so sick of hearing him I almost would take a losing season if it meant just cutting T.O. Not quite that bad yet but getting close. I would love for the Eagles to tell Rosenhaus to seek a trade and no team show any interest. What a shot to his ego that would be. You think if he is out of football he would have any media attention or at least the amount he thinks he deserves?

I have heard from a very, very big Steeler fan that there is a rumor that T.O. could be traded to the Steelers for Hines Ward and a 2nd rounder next year.  I maks some sense but I have no idea how credible it is. :D

922278[/snapback]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No team will ,  I don't think he knows how much he's hurt his market value

922581[/snapback]

If the owners have any sack at all, they'll all tell Rosehaus they don't want TO and send a message to all free agents who act like jagoffs.