[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Size of the league?

phil5244

Here is a some advice that my wife gave me: "Its not how big it is, its how you use it" :D Go now young grasshopper,......

Edited by Pancake

Here is a some advice that my wife gave me: "Its now how big it is, its how you use it"  :D    Go now young grasshopper,......

930909[/snapback]

Your wife just didnt want to hurt your feelings... :D

The bigger the league, the harder fielding two starting RBs will be to come by. Plus, even if you can start just one RB, you would be looking at about the 20th best RB with your 2nd round pick.

Basically, yes, taking Moss that early in any size league is suicide. If you are set on gettign Moss, at least trade down to the 10-14 spot and get an improvement in the 2nd round so your top RB won't be so bad.

RBs are ahrd enough to come by in a 12 man league, adding 2 more teams means there are 4 more RBs started each week, driving their value up even more.

From a legit question to a vicious downward spiral.

Now all we need is a "your mama" joke.

I think I heard DMD loading his thread gun......

Edited by Pancake

Here is a some advice that my wife gave me: "Its not how big it is, its how you use it"  :D    Go now young grasshopper,......

930909[/snapback]

Young Merlin has found that the length on his wand possesses no great power but in the manner of it's movement "WOW" now that's magic.

From a legit question to a vicious downward spiral.

Now all we need is a "your mama" joke.

I think I heard DMD loading his thread gun......

930946[/snapback]

Yo Mama's so dumb...she goes QB-WR-TE in a 16-team draft. :D

I am in a 14 team head to head league with basic scoring. 6 Points all TD's. Does that affect your draft stradigy at all? I have the 5th pick and have been considering Moss? Is that Suicide?

930894[/snapback]

In an attempt to bring it back.....

Suicide yes. Althought the top QBs are at a premium due to the 6 pt per TD action, your hand is pretty much forced to take a RB at #5 OR take Peyton (if availbable) and see what RB falls to you. Remember if Peyton throws 35 TDs that will be twice as many points that the #5 RB might score.

Moss at 1.5 in a league that size (and many others) is indeed suicide.

In 14-16 team leagues, talent is thin enough that 1 injury to one of your top 3 players can doom you. On the flip side, if you have the knowledge and skill to draft a few sleepers you can walk to the championship because injuries will have killed half of the leagues chances. :D

Well I think that the 1st 4 could go LT, SA, Manning, and then Holmes. SO I have to choose between Lewis, McGahee, James, and Dillon in my opinion. SOunds like most here this going for a WR that early isn't the way to go.

931198[/snapback]

E James = best RB left

I was going to respond with a witty "your wife" joke....but I see about 17 people have already beaten me to her...I mean it.

As someone mentioned above, RBs become a more precious commodity in larger leagues because chances are you're only going to get one really good one. As a result, I think it makes a bit more sense to "handcuff" your top RB since your 2nd RB most likely will not be a stud and you will be thin at this most critical position. So, assuming you don't have one of the top 2 or 3 picks - consider the team's running strategy, the coach's history, and the back-up's ability.

For example - let's say I have the 4th or 5th pick in an 8 team league, and I have Duece McAllister and Priest Holmes available. Even though I think in a perfect world, Holmes will have a better year, I might take McAllister because I have more confidence in him staying healthy than I do Holmes and I can probably get a very good RB (Rudi Johnson caliber) in Round 2 to compliment him. However, in a 16 team league, I might take Holmes because I know by the time the draft gets back to me, all of the good RBs will be taken. So, I'll end up with a servicible 2nd RB - but I'll try to get Larry Johnson just in case Priest gets hurt.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by Vet