[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Jackson

BigTen

I am drafting at the #2 spot and believe he will be there on the way back at #23.  Is he the man in St. Louis or will it be RBBC?  Thanks for the help.

934903[/snapback]

I have Jackson in a keeper league and posted a similar question a week or two ago. The general consensus is he will be a solid #2 fantasy back this year. The Rams aren't exactly a run first team, and Faulk will sap some production as well. It's not clear yet how much Jackson will be used in the passing game. I'm happy to have him as a #2, and if (more likely: when) Faulk goes down or Jackson can become part of the passing game he has the potential to carry a fantasy team.

Go Green (I'm an '02 grad)

I have Jackson in a keeper league and posted a similar question a week or two ago.  The general consensus is he will be a solid #2 fantasy back this year.  The Rams aren't exactly a run first team, and Faulk will sap some production as well.  It's not clear yet how much Jackson will be used in the passing game.  I'm happy to have him as a #2, and if (more likely: when) Faulk goes down or Jackson can become part of the passing game he has the potential to carry a fantasy team. 

Go Green (I'm an '02 grad)

934923[/snapback]

:D

Thanks for the article WW.

His second carry of the Bears game went for 30+ yards...He hit the hole hard and there was Mike Brown ready to meet him and a quarter stutter juke and Brown's jock was left on the field....leaving Mike Green to chase him for 30 yards before he got pushed out of bounds.

He's big and he's got moves. The only thing you can hope for is that Martz doesn't dummy him down.

His second carry of the Bears game went for 30+ yards...He hit the hole hard and there was Mike Brown ready to meet him and a quarter stutter juke and Brown's jock was left on the field....leaving Mike Green to chase him for 30 yards before he got pushed out of bounds.

He's big and he's got moves. The only thing you can hope for is that Martz doesn't dummy him down.

935101[/snapback]

Good thing he does not play for Mr. Tice!

I have Jackson in my keeper league (for this season and next) and I think he's going to be a solid #2 back. It would be great to have him in a true feature back role, but considering Marshall Faulk is still such a great receiver, I don't expect that Jackson will get a lot of 3rd down action.

I look for Faulk to be the 3rd down back, or to spell Jackson for the occasional spread formation. I really don't think Marshall is going to get many running situation downs at all--Jackson proved last year that he is just WAY better at that then Marshall is those situations.

I am pleased to hear that Marshall Faulk was so good about stepping aside too. That only helps things for Jackson and the Rams.

So I am kind of thinking that the split will be 70/30 Jackson/Faulk.

I think that Faulk may suprise many by how the workload he takes away from Jackson this year. I think Steven Jackson is somewhat risky THIS year as a #2 RB especially under Air Martz. I would not be suprised if 2-4 of the top 4 Rookie RB's out perfrom Jackson this year.

I am not really worried about Martz throwing the ball as much as I am with how many carries faulk will take and also SJax durability. Martz has finally realized that when they were the greatest show on turf that they ran the ball a lot more than they have the past couple of years. I see them going back to that style again.

I have Jackson in my keeper league (for this season and next) and I think he's going to be a solid #2 back.  It would be great to have him in a true feature back role, but considering Marshall Faulk is still such a great receiver, I don't expect that Jackson will get a lot of 3rd down action. 

I look for Faulk to be the 3rd down back, or to spell Jackson for the occasional spread formation.  I really don't think Marshall is going to get many running situation downs at all--Jackson proved last year that he is just WAY better at that then Marshall is those situations. 

I am pleased to hear that Marshall Faulk was so good about stepping aside too.  That only helps things for Jackson and the Rams. 

So I am kind of thinking that the split will be 70/30  Jackson/Faulk.

935271[/snapback]

Last year, some poor 49er tried to arm tackle him and it broke.

His ARM, below the elbow.

Off his thigh.

He's a bad man. :D

I got him as my #3 RB behind LT2 and Jordan in a league where I can start 3 RBs.  Im really pumped about him and I love his schedule.  Im expecting over 1500 total yards and 12-14 tds.

935709[/snapback]

Wanna lay some money down on that prediction? :D

If he caught more out of the backfield I would consider him. That and playing for the Rams keeps me away in the 2nd round.

"I got him as my #3 RB behind LT2 and Jordan in a league where I can start 3 RBs. Im really pumped about him and I love his schedule. Im expecting over 1500 total yards and 12-14 tds."

Marshall in his prime didn't get 1500 on the ground and only got over 11 TD's once..

Edited by Randall

935101[/snapback]

And for those of you who don't go out of your way to watch Bears games (a large percentage, I'm sure), Mike Brown doesn't whiff on too many tackles.

Marshall in his prime didn't get 1500 on the ground and only got over 11 TD's once..

935809[/snapback]

I said total, not rushing. Not to mention the fact Marshall was hurt at least 2 games a season, in his "prime". If Jackson starts and plays a full 16 games, 1300 yards rushing and 200 receiving is not out of question. He only opens the season up with games against SF, Ari, Ten, NYG, Sea, Indy and NO. That is 7 bad run D's. He might have 1000 by week 8.

Edited by Primetime9287

I wouldn't be too surprised if MF also has 1200 total yards ... 400 rushing and 800 receiving ...

Personally, I think MF lines up as a WR 2x more often than he lines up as a RB.

Edited by muck