[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 2

Hugh 0ne

Hugh,

you mind taking a look at this link from a question I asked yesterday.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=108487

It is a non-PRIME TIME question and I'm assuming I can still ask your opinion on other leagues :D

one more...Ronnie Brown or Tatum Bell?...

Td=6, 2pts/10yds rush, 1pt/carry, 3pt/rec, 1pt/10yds rec.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh...thanks in advance. Start two RBs, standard scoring (1 pt per 10, 6 pts per TD).

Deuce McAllister (at NYG)

Jamal Lewis (at TENN)

Steven Jackson (at AZ)

I think Deuce is a 'go' for sure, but neither Jamal or S Jax impressed me last week, I expected big things out of them. Both have great matchups this week on paper....but then again they had great matchups last week too. Thanks.

Who to pick up off WW??

my RB's

Edge

M. Anderson

T. Bell

M. Bennett

M. Moore

C. Fason

R. Moats

Should I grab R. Dayne to protect Anderson and Bell, or go with Moe Williams to protect the Minnesota RB's?? Not the best RB situation, I know. But I am committed to the Vikings and Broncos backfield.

Thanks

who to start....

bledsoe (monday night against rival skins)

or

plummer (against chargers)

thanks hugh!

989279[/snapback]

Wow. Y'all know how much I LOVE Plummer, but I think I'd start him over Bledsoe here. I wouldn't expect much, maybe 220 yards and 1 TD, maybe a rushing TD too, but that'll probably be more than Bledsoe puts up.

Hugh,

Boldin, Bennett, or Rogers to go with Burleson?  I am leaning towards Boldin or picking up a FA such as Jenkins ATL or A. Bryant CLE? 

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

989291[/snapback]

Boldin has a very nice matchup, and, despite last weeks numbers, is still the #1 WR in AZ. The Titans just suck, and play a top defense in the Ravens, so Bennett is not a good option. There still is NOT a single Lions offensive player, aside from Kevin Jones, worth starting imo, so keep Rogers on the bench.

Jenkins and Bryant are not better options than Boldin.

Hugh,

10 team massive performance league....

Last weeks scores to give you an idea of the scoring system....

E. James - 37 points (last week)

R. Johnson - 51 points (last week) (started)

D. McAllister - 41 points (last week) (started)

L. Johnson - 42 points (last week)

This week

E. James vs Jacksonville (in Indy)

R. Johnson vs Minnesota (in Cincy)

D. McAllister vs Giants (in NY)

L. Johnson vs Oakland (in Oakland) (plus possible legal issues)

I am leaning toward E. James and R. Johnson.

989303[/snapback]

Nice options. Keep LJ on the bench for sure. I'd keep LJ on the bench for the entire season with the other options you have, unless Priest goes down. The rest of the way, I'd play the matchup for the other 3.

I think you have to start Rudi Johnson. The Vikes defense is much improved, but LB is still their main weakness, and that will allow teams to run on them almost at will. I think either Edge or Deuce is a nice option, but I'd opt for James at home.

So, in short, you had it right. :D

These are the WR's on the WW in my lg

F.Jackson

P.Crayton

A.Battle

Engram

Ferguson

Swinton

Troy Brown

T.Dwight

Northcutt

Glenn

Chrebet

T.Taylor

ok these are ALL..lol

Just wondering if You feel ne of these WR's are worth grabbing? if so,  who do u drop to acquire them??

TY for ur advice

989308[/snapback]

I'd really need to know if this is a keeper league, because the person that might be worht dropping in a re-draft for 1 or 2 of the guys on your list is M. Williams, but in a keeper league I wouldn't move Williams.

a couple of ???

Performance Scoring with bonuses. Scoring favors RBs as TDs are worth a few points more.

I am able to use a QB, WR, or RB as my Flex. I drafted to solid QBs, as it worked well for me last year. Favre had a bad week, J Walker is out for the season.

1: Do I sit Farve a start Larry Johnson in the Flex?

2: Do I stick with Palmer and Favre as QB and Flex?

3: Do I drop Favre and pick up Ferrote or Leftwich?

Probable starters are at the bottom, along with my bench.

Thanks in advance!

a couple of ???

Performance Scoring with bonuses. Scoring favors RBs as TDs are worth a few points more.

I am able to use a QB, WR, or RB as my Flex. I drafted to solid QBs, as it worked well for me last year. Favre had a bad week, J Walker is out for the season.

1: Do I sit Farve a start Larry Johnson in the Flex?

2: Do I stick with Palmer and Favre as QB and Flex?

3: Do I drop Favre and pick up Ferrote or Leftwich?

Probable starters are at the bottom, along with my bench.

Thanks in advance!

M.Faulk or K.Barlow as RB#4. I only start 2 RBs in my performance league, so this spot is just for depth. I have Faulk, but I may be able to drop him for Barlow.

Who has more value for the remainder of the season?

gracias

989314[/snapback]

Faulk only has more value if Jackson goes down. If not, Barlow has more upside, even though Barlow sucks. And of the 2 I'd start Barlow this weekend, but don't expect much, but it should be more than Faulk does.

3rd WR question

Boldin or Housh

Thanks

989326[/snapback]

Vikes secondary is one of the best in the league with Smoot and Winfield on the corners, and Boldin should re-emerge as the #1 WR and has a nice matchup. Boldin all the way.

Hugh, thanks for your response to my question re: WRs.

I have a tougher question for you regarding which 2 RBs to start from the following:

J. Lewis @ Tenn

Edge @ Jax

W. Parker @ Hou

L. Johnson @ Oak

I'm leaning towards Lewis and Parker.

I know some on this board advocate ASYS. Am I crazy for benching Edge?

Your thoughts?

Thanks again.

Hugh - few questions:

Favre at home vs. CLE or Leftwich at Indy? 

Better matchup for Favre, but leaning towards Leftwich - think they will be throwing it more in that game.

Also, which of the following would you pick to start in my RB/WR flex spot:

S. Davis vs. NE (tough matchup but he looked good last week and would like some production from him before another injury)

B. Jacobs @ NO (good chance for another TD, but not the yardage that Davis will get)

C. Rogers @ CHI (bad matchup and just read that Lions are sticking with their conservative passing game)

B. Engram vs. ATL (caught 8 of 9 passes thrown to him last week... but faces a stronger DEF this week)

I'm leaning towards Davis out of the above crew - thoughts?  Team and scoring in sig. 

Thanks!

989330[/snapback]

I think, even though it's Brett Favre, we have to wait and see how he adjusts and produces without his #1 WR. Also, Leftwich is now in a pass first offense, and has a favorable matchup. I think this is a no-brainer, Leftwich all the way.

As for your other options, I think you analyzed it quite well. I'd go with Davis as well. Don't think he'll do much, but he's the best option imo.

Thanks in advance Hugh

Standard Performance Scoring

Which two Wrs should I start:

Burleson @ Cin

Coles v. Mia

TJ Housh v. Min

Evans @ TB

I am leaning towards giving my players a chance at redemption and starting Burleson and Coles.  What do you think?

989331[/snapback]

Burleson and Coles both have to prove themselves, and hopefully what they did last week was a fluke. If I had other, better options, I might consider benching one if not both of them. Unfortunately, neither Housh vs. the Vikes secondary nor Evans against the Bucs are better options. Go with Burleson and Coles and hope for the best.

Who Do I start at WR?

This is who I have.

Rod Smith vs. SD

Reggie Wayne vs. Jac

E. Kennison @ Oak

J. Galloway vs. Buf

Also, this is who is in the WW.

Houshmandzadeh vs. Min

Randle El @ Hou

M. Booker @ NYJ

B. Loyd @ Phi

R. Ferguson vs. Cle

K. Curtis @ Ari

F. Jackson @ GB

E. Parker @ Den

Should I start 3 of my four guys, and if yes, which 3? Or is anybody on the waiver wire worth snatching and starting?

The scoring is 1 pt. for every 10 yds receiving and 6 pts for TDs.

Thanks for the help.

AO

989343[/snapback]

Smith, Wayne and Kennison. Housh, Randle El, and Ferguson have some upsides, but not for this week over what you have.

(I tried posting this once already, I don't think it worked but I apologize if you see this twice)

Hey Hugh One - Great to have you back again!  Thanks in advance.

Tough call for which RB to bench this week:

Westbrook hosting San Fran

Parker at Houston

Julius Jones hosting the Skins on MNF

Edge hosting Jax

I think you'll agree, all are solid starts this week.  Skins probably have the toughest D, but can I stomach sitting Jones on Monday Night Football??  I think I'm leaning towards Westbrook, for no good reason at all.

989357[/snapback]

With a good matchup and no RBBC, Parker is a must start imo. JJ at home on MNF, even though he had a rough time against the Skins late last year, is a must start IMO as well. He will get a ton of touches, despite what Parcells said. So Edge or Westbrook. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Here's what I'd do. If you get points/receptions, start Westbrook, if not, start Edge.

Another trade question for you Hugh:

How much would people say Torry Holt is an upgrade oevr Reggie Wayne? I'm trying to figure out if a trade is worth doing or not. The trade is I give up Reggie and Larry Johnson to the Priest owner for Jerome Bettis and Torry Holt. Bettis goes straight to my bench as my number 3/4 guy and Holt I figure is a decent enough upgrade to Wayne to make this worthwhile. Anyone disagree? One person from my league already said to "hang onto LJ!!" but i'm not 100% convinced of his season-long worth.

I very much appreciate your help, thanks.

989379[/snapback]

LJ is one of 2 things. He is a good BYE week filler, and he is going to be gold if Holmes goes down. That being said, on a weekly basis, he's going to get 10 or so touches. Everyone is all in a tizzy and talking about starting both Priest and Johnson, but do you really think Johnson is going to score a TD every week when he only gets 8-10 touches? I don't.

Holt is an upgrade over Wayne. Bettis and LJ are a wash imo, unless something happens injury wise. They will both have chances to score TD's, but they will not be the feature back. HOWEVER, where this trade could kill you is if Holmes gets hurt. Now LJ is the feature back, and now LJ becomes a stud. So, depending on how you feel about Priests chances of playing all year should determine if you make that trade or not.

WR help here ...

Muhammad v. DET

Bennett v. BAL

Stokley v. JAX

S Moss @ DAL

M Jones @ IND

possibly Ferguson or Murphy v. CLE

Lot of great options here this week ... why did Walker have to go down before the CLE game :D

Brunell threw the ball 46 times or so against DAL last year so Moss may be a good play ... also I was figuring to start Stokley since he typically has good games against JAX ... also though about Jones this week since IND's secondary is a little banged up and he would be a good red zone target

we get 1pt/rec 6pt/td ... which 2 of these fine spuds would you start?

Edited by 1stimer

Hey Hugh.  Will be starting your thread's bassturd cousin thread here in a bit, so if you have some IDP questions, fire away.

In my "most important" league, I was able to draft some very solid RBs.  This week, I'm really torn.  Need 2.

Deuce @ NYG - Giants have solid D, but Deuce is ALWAYS involved

K. Jones @ CHI - See above

W. Parker @ HOU - Not a 1-week wonder, no way.  But can he repeat that masterful performance?

I'm set at QB in this league w/ Bulger.  WRs are pretty set with Harrison, Bruce and Roy Williams (although I'm tempted to try Porter vs. KC). 

Thanks, Hugh.  :D

989386[/snapback]

I've said it a few times in this thread, before Bettis and Staley come back, and when the matchup is favorable, Willie Parker is a must start. He'll meet both conditions this week.

Start Duece. The Lions suck balls. Deuce in a pseudo Prime Time game against a mediocre defense should do well. The Lions - Bears game will be about as exciting as watching paint dry, and will probably end up 6-3. I actually think KJ could be decent, but with Duece as an option, I'd go down that road.

And I would NOT hesitate to start Porter over Williams. Porter has a great matchup, and, well, you know what I think about the Lions. :D

A running back quandry for you...

I'm in a performance league with bonuses

C. Dillon on the road at CAR

C. Williams at home vs. BUF

L. Johnson @ OAK

J. Arrington vs. STL

I also have Dayne but letting him keep the pine warm.

Need 2 to start here and I'm leaning toward Dillon and LJ. Williams was nice last week but nervous enough about the matchup to think LJ might rip a couple of long ones - after all, he did last year against OAK but he was the starter. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

I've said it a few times in this thread, before Bettis and Staley come back, and when the matchup is favorable, Willie Parker is a must start. He'll meet both conditions this week.

Start Duece. The Lions suck balls. Deuce in a pseudo Prime Time game against a mediocre defense should do well. The Lions - Bears game will be about as exciting as watching paint dry, and will probably end up 6-3. I actually think KJ could be decent, but with Duece as an option, I'd go down that road.

And I would NOT hesitate to start Porter over Williams. Porter has a great matchup, and, well, you know what I think about the Lions. :D

989610[/snapback]

Thanks Hugh - check out my thread for response to your post.

Speaking of Parker - I think I may have goofed. I have Priest/K. Jones in another league, with Parker as my flex. I have Bell sitting on the bench. Lost Walker, and as such, became paper-thin at WR.

I am a HUGH Reggie Wayne fan... think he's gonna be uber-HUGH this season. So I offered up Bell and Parker for Wayne. Probably could have simply sent Parker for Wayne, but didn't think the guy would do the trade based on the fact Bettis and Staley are due back at some point... so threw in Bell, who may or may not produce, and Anderson SHOULD be back soon, right?

So did I eff up? I got the most consistent/steady guy in the deal, but did lose a bit of RB depth. :D:D:D