[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When did trent Green become so AWEFUL!

ajb6

Saying Green sucks is giving his O-Line and WR's a hall pass. C'mon - some of his throws have been lame ducks, but he's been eating grass all nite long and his WR's have dropped way too many passes. I seriously doubt any pocket passing NFL QB would have fared much better tonite against DEN. Saying he sucks is pointing fingers in the wrong direction.

Saying Green sucks is giving his O-Line and WR's a hall pass. C'mon - some of his throws have been lame ducks, but he's been eating grass all nite long and his WR's have dropped way too many passes. I seriously doubt any pocket passing NFL QB would have fared much better tonite against DEN. Saying he sucks is pointing fingers in the wrong direction.

1024065[/snapback]

Agreed. It wasn't that KC's offense sucked, it was that the Denver D was THAT good. :D

Please provide me with your list of Quarterbacks who have been successful without a running game.

1024183[/snapback]

:D The Chiefs dont have a running game ? Are you serious ?

I stayed away from him this year. As was said all preseason, his schedule is brutal.

1024244[/snapback]

Finally, someone posted it. If you didn't, I would have. The Chiefs have a much tough schedule this year. That coupled with the Roaf injury and that the rest of OL is struggling, is what's really going on here.

I didn't get to see too much of the game but it seemed to me that many of his passes were low. They seemed to be missing Roaf a lot as neither Holmes nor Johnson had too much going in terms of running, at least early on.

Is it possible or likely that the leg thing is causing his mechanics to be off? I know they said his leg is 'fine' and that he's 'ahead of schedule' or some such, but you have to wonder.

I didn't get to see too much of the game but it seemed to me that many of his passes were low. They seemed to be missing Roaf a lot as neither Holmes nor Johnson had too much going in terms of running, at least early on.

Is it possible or likely that the leg thing is causing his mechanics to be off? I know they said his leg is 'fine' and that he's 'ahead of schedule' or some such, but you have to wonder.

1024964[/snapback]

I think Trent Green just got did not care at the end of the game. not that he was good before but many of his bad passes(the real bad ones that were being bounced to his recievers) came when they were down by 27 points. earlier in the game his stats could of been alot better had Sammy Parker held on to 2 passes.

He just did not care at the end IMO.

I agree , they are missing Roaf badly. watch the running room they get when he returns.

I really don't think it's Trent Green. Sure he's not having his best 3 games (yes it's only 3 games). But the Roaf injury is KILLING the Chiefs. Their entire offense is built around their dominant O-line, and Roaf is the driving force. With him out, there is serious trouble. He needs to get better, and fast.

Why the Chiefs looked so bad last night (as I see it):

1. The Chiefs miss LT Willie Roaf in a big way. His not being there turns a great O-line into an average one. In fact, next to Trent Green, he's probably the most irreplacable guy on their offense.

2. Dante Hall and Samie Parker were obviously intimidated. Often when they were preparing to catch a pass and it looked like they were going to be hit, they would flinch or shy away from the ball. Lame, lame, lame. Not only did this kill a few drives, but now that they've shown this tendency for all the world to see, they can expect to be hit even harder in future weeks.

3. Roaf's absence notwithstanding, the Chiefs' pass blocking was very weak. Kansas City has a great O-line coach, Mike Solari, and I'm sure this will be addressed, but even so it was disturbing to see Green's protection constantly break down.

4. Is Priest Holmes hurt? Trevor Pryce seems to think so, but I don't know. Maybe he's just getting old. On the other hand, LJ looked even worse than Priest, so maybe the O-line was really that bad last night.

5. The boot--need I say more? The KC sports radio crowd discussed all week how the defense needed to shut this down, but watching Plummer execute the play so efficiently and score so easily brought back a lot of bad memories from the last two seasons.

6. Green short hopped too many throws. Yeah, he was pressured, but I haven't seen him throw the ball that erratically since his first season in KC.

7. Where was Derrick Johnson? The kid was great the first two games, but I hardly heard his name called last night. Maybe he's going to be like Derrick Thomas--great for 2-3 games and then disappear for 2-3?

8. The defense lost its composure. What in the world was Sammy Knight thinking when he hit Rod Smith 5 yards out of bounds? What was Kendrell doing charging the line when Plummer was so obviously set up to call a bootleg? Silly, stupid rookie moves by a couple of smart veterans. Those two plays illustrate how the Chiefs just fell apart last night.

9. The Chiefs didn't look ready to play. From the opening kickoff, the Chiefs looked flat and uninspired, and after Denver's first TD, the players had a deer-in-the-headlights look the rest of the game. Sure, Denver is a tough place to play, and the Broncos badly needed a win, but there's no excuse for looking so lost. I lay this at the coaches' feet (who looked pretty lost themselves).