[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Ridiculous Quote of the Year

Guest Sores

(Antonio) Chatman's agent and his off-season coach, Charles Collins out of Phenom Factory, a receivers camp in California, don't buy the small-fry stereotype. They point to Carolina's Steve Smith (5-9, 185) and Washington's Santana Moss (5-10, 190) as diminutive receivers with more than 1,400 yards. New England's Deion Branch (5-9, 193) has 910 receiving yards this year.

Chatman might fall more in line with Kansas City's Dante Hall (5-8, 187, 375 receiving yards) and St. Louis' Shaun McDonald (5-10, 183, 509 yards) but Chatman's supporters believe it's all about opportunity, and that if Chatman were given the shots of a go-to receiver, he, too, would put up All-Pro numbers.

"Not only was Antonio Chatman faster than Steve Smith, he was also quicker," said Collins, who added that he has coached players like Smith and Cincinnati's Chad Johnson. "The difference is that Steve was drafted and Tony wasn't. Steve's their guy in Carolina and Antonio is just a guy in Green Bay. . . . If they played Antonio every down like they do a lot of the other guys that get opportunities, he'd have the same numbers as Steve Smith."

I know he has a vested interest and all...but Antonio "I go down in the face of a slight breeze" Chatman being compared favorably to Steve Smith??? C'mon now. Reality check time!

Edited by Sores

Right now, I'm not worried about Reggie at all. I'm just worried about getting myself ready, because I feel like I'm an elite guy in this league as well.  I feel like this is my running back show.  This is my offensive line, and that's how I look at it.

- Kevan Barlow, San Francisco 49ers

Take your pick from just 2 of my favorite Ricky Williams quotes from this year . . .

"When I was in Australia, I was cooking Oatmeal and this guy Chris.. he.. he just showed up!"

-Ricky on some reporter named Chris.

"Josh Gordon is 10X better for me than Paxil"

We could also submit the entire "60 minute" interview with Mike Wallace when he decided to come back.

There has been an epidemic on Ridiculous when TO can spew the level of incoherent stupidity he expectorated this year and still have legitimate competition in this discussion ... :D

Although TO and Rosencraphead are abhorrent, and Ricky is simply two tokes over the line, and the Chatman agent wannabe is a moron ... Barlow takes the cake. He should draft himself in fantasy football and get some insight into why San Fran is praying Gore/Hicks can emerge as a replacement to his incompetence.

What about the braintrust that is Michael "Ron Mexico" Vick ... who's figured out that even if games are not tough, they're tough and you're likely to play division games frequently ... :D

"Regardless of whether or not it's a tough game, division games will be tough," Vick said. "We might as well get used to them."

(George Henry, AP Story)

:D:D

How about the Pacman quotes from training camp, specifically towards Keith Bulluck......

"But Keith saying he is not going to call me Pacman, he is going to call me Adam — 'Who is Adam? I don't know if this guy can help us' — that is a little outrageous for my teammate to say that.''

"There ain't no pressure because Keith has never been in the situation I am in — Keith ain't never been drafted high,'' Jones said. "I don't feel any pressure. I play football, and pressure on the field is irrelevant."

Edited by charty

Well who's the last dude that needed to feed his family?  Let's make that a traveling trophy.

1241359[/snapback]

haha. nice.

yah, you can pretty much randomly grab any turd that fell outta T.O's mouth this season and have a shoe-in for the award.

Dan Reeves, who was hired by team owner Bob McNair as a consultant in December, is expected to be significant on Draft Day. Reeves will likely assist in any executive hiring searches, and there’s a chance he could land a full-time position that gives him some personnel power.

At the press conference to announce his hiring, Reeves was asked about Bush, the 2005 Heisman Trophy winner.

“I know he’s a junior,” he said. “That’s all I know about Reggie Bush.”