[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"WE DEY"

Menudo

We Dey think we gonna beat them Bengals.........

Where are the Bengal fans ? :D It is playoff week !!!! Any interst in a sig/avatar bet, or at least a little smack talking. Steelers win and cover the spread. They are the better team.

Steelers 27

Bengals 17

:D HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!! :D

:D

Steelers :D

:D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See this game as a toss-up. So I hope that you are prepared for disappointment.... just in case.

1247187[/snapback]

Of course I'll still be a bit disappointed, but this year is differnent. The Steelers have gone into the playoffs several times in the last 10 years as #1 or #2 seeds and broke my heart every time eventually. This year, we get to play the underdog role for a change. As for this game:

Bengals Advantages: Better Passing Game

Better Ability to play catch-up

More explosive Offense

Steelers Advantages: Better Running Game

Better Defense

More Experience

Come in on 4 game winning streak

I said 4 weeks ago that the Steelers would make the playoffs and defeat the Bengals in round 1. I was told I was a crazy homer, but, now it is one week away from being a reality.

The Steelres will win? :D

Sorry but the Lions put 21 on them in Pitt? You think thaqt Cinncy will produce any less? The end is near Menudo. Cinncy wins this one like they did in Pittsburgh.

The Steelres will win?  :D

Sorry but the Lions put 21 on them in Pitt?  You think thaqt Cinncy will produce any less? The end is near Menudo.  Cinncy wins this one like they did in Pittsburgh.

1247212[/snapback]

Yes, Cincinatti is coming in on a big-time hot streak. :D

The Steelers hammered them in Cincy, and gave them the game in Pittsburgh (4 Turnovers, still only lost by 7) The oddsmakers agree with me, as the Steelers are 3 point favorites on the road, which is almost unheard of, so maybe predicting the Steelers isn't such a crazy, homer pick ? :D

The Steelers "gave" them that game?

What a load of crap.How come when the Steelers play smart football and get turnovers from their defense,that's"Steeler football",but when the other team does it,they gave the game away?

Your four game win streak was against Minnesota,Cleveland,Chicago and Detroit.Impressive.

When the Bengals started out 4-0 against these same four teams,all I heard was it wasn't all that good,that the Bengals hadn't played anybody yet.

Now Pittsburgh does it,and they're the hottest team in football...lol.

I see the Stillers making the AFC Championship game.  And that's it.

1247223[/snapback]

Let me guess, we beat the Bengals, then the Colts, only to have our hearts brokend by the MIGHTY PATRIOTS again. :D

The Steelers "gave" them that game?

What a load of crap.How come when the Steelers play smart football and get turnovers from their defense,that's"Steeler football",but when the other team does it,they gave the game away?

Your four game win streak was against Minnesota,Cleveland,Chicago and Detroit.Impressive.

When the Bengals started out 4-0 against these same four teams,all I heard was it wasn't all that good,that the Bengals hadn't played anybody yet.

Now Pittsburgh does it,and they're the hottest team in football...lol.

1247225[/snapback]

Sorry about the "gave" it sentence, I hate that too, to be honest, I was just fishing. As for the win streak, we stopped an 8 or 9 game win streak by the Bears, and a 6 game win streak by the Vikings. Also, we beat Cleveland 41-0 a week after they came seconds away from upsetting the Bengals IN CINCY. Enjoy the fact that your Bengals finally made the playoffs, it will be over soon. :D

Ah!! so now we are using comparative scores to grade our teams!I see.

Since you used Cleveland,I'll use Baltimore.

We beat them easily both times.21-9,and 42-29.

How'd you guys do? :D

1247234[/snapback]

Only recent comparisons when both starting QB's were playing can be used. :D:D

Edited by Menudo

it will all come down to cincy's ability to stop the run. since they haven't been able to do it all season, i'm not optimistic. cincy beat them last time by scoring points and winning the turnover war - they will have to do that again. if pitt protects the ball, this will be a very close game.

Yes, Cincinatti is coming in on a big-time hot streak.  :D

The Steelers hammered them in Cincy, and gave them the game in Pittsburgh (4 Turnovers, still only lost by 7)  The oddsmakers agree with me, as the Steelers are 3 point favorites on the road, which is almost unheard of, so maybe predicting the Steelers isn't such a crazy, homer pick ?  :D

1247217[/snapback]

Well, Pitt has played better ball partly because they HAD to. If they lost one of those games they were out. Cinncy had nothing really to play for IMHO, just like Indy. Cinny has soemthing to prove and I think they will win. I do not care what the odds makers say, I think that Pitt loses a close game.

PITT will win this game, more experience and just playing better football right now. Nuff said. I see PITT in the AFC Championship game.

1247260[/snapback]

Then I guess I shouldn't say anything?

Oh, what the he!!, I'm gonna anyway:

1) I admit a fair share of Bengals fans are fretting after the last two weeks. Some of course is justified due to lack of good run DEF (can't argue that). Much of it though, is not having any other experience doing anything other than fretting. The important thing is that it is not he fans who play/win the game. It's the team (duh!). And I believe that Marvin is excellent at preparing his team mentally and physically to be ready for Sunday.

2) Pitt played well down the stretch, Cincy didn't, that's a fact. That's why Pitt is favored. That's actually ok w/ me, because I think the Bengals will play better as the underdog in a type of game for which they have no experience. Hey, Minutia, you can't say Pitt is the underdog if they're favored!

3) The Bengals D is not as good as Pitt overall (or in some individual facets), but the Bengals D, IF they get a lead, is every bit as good/opportunistic as the Smelters. The early score will greatly dictate the relative advantage of the defenses (more on this below)

4) I think Minutia failed to recognize (in his relative strengths analysis) a couple of major Bengals items. The Bengals offensive line is OUTSTANDING. If they continue to give Palmer time, he will exploit the Sphincter's weak secondary (other than Pumapalomablanca). Also, is Rudi not in MAJOR form at the right time of year? And Perry is back. (Don't get your panties all wadded up, Minutia, I know you said they have a superior offense and greatly-superior QB, I'm just adding more detail)

5) What is Bill Cowher's overall record in the playoffs? On the road in the playoffs? Someone will reply w/ the stats, but I don't think it's very good. Does that tell you anything? (like a proclivity to "choke" perhaps, especially under the weight of being the better team, favored on the road, kind of a BIG CHOKE if you lost twice in the same year, right?). The Bengals only get a "not there yet, but on the way" tag if they lose. What does Pitt get if they lose after being favored? A little more pressure on them, it seems to me. (Bengals are 5-1 in home playoff games in their history. Not a lot, but its more stats for Minutia)

Notwithstanding item 5 above, I do think Pitt is better experience at dealing with the ebb and flow during the game. Whereas Cincy is more likely to "freeze" after early misfortune (such as a dropped TD pass and missed FG in game 1 against Pitt after ROLLING down the field quite easily) or getting too complacent after early leads (such as a 34-zip lead against Baltimore). I think this time, however, if the Bengals get a lead, no matter how big, Marvin is gonna have them go for the throat.

I do think it will be a close game, most likely (it ought to be in the playoffs, right?).

If the Bengals have bad luck or get behind early, they might very well be in trouble.

But if Chris Henry catches the TD pass on the first drive, or in some other fashion do the Bengals get an early lead, I think the Bengals will take it. I don't think you'll see a freeze up w/ multiple 3-and-outs w/ a lead. I think Marvin has Carson going deep, even in the 4th Qtr if the Bengals are up a good amount.

(If there are any inconsistencies in my reasoning above, screw you, I'm not a lawyer.)

I said 4 weeks ago that the Steelers would make the playoffs and defeat the Bengals in round 1.  I was told I was a crazy homer, but, now it is one week away from being a reality.

1247211[/snapback]

Crazy Homer

"If they lose, I think they continue their fall and fail to make the playoffs. " - The Poet currently known as Menudo

Steeler agrees.

"And I agree that if the Steelers lose, they probably won't even make the playoffs." - Steeler

What's this? Only a Bengals homer defended the Steelers in their time of woe?

"So little faith? I'll be shocked if they go less than 10-6 no matter how this game plays out." - Doggy, your freindly neighborhood Bengals homer

Crazy Homer

"If they lose, I think they continue their fall and fail to make the playoffs. " - The Poet currently known as Menudo

Steeler agrees.

"And I agree that if the Steelers lose, they probably won't even make the playoffs." - Steeler

What's this?  Only a Bengals homer defended the Steelers in their time of woe?

"So little faith? I'll be shocked if they go less than 10-6 no matter how this game plays out." - Doggy, your freindly neighborhood Bengals homer

1247380[/snapback]

I did say this before that game, but then made multiple statments after the game and seeing their situation, that I believed they would win their final 4 and then beat the Bungholes in the playoffs.... :D

Then I guess I shouldn't say anything? 

Oh, what the he!!, I'm gonna anyway:

1) I admit a fair share of Bengals fans are fretting after the last two weeks.  Some of course is justified due to lack of good run DEF (can't argue that).  Much of it though, is not having any other experience doing anything other than fretting.  The important thing is that it is not he fans who play/win the game.  It's the team (duh!).  And I believe that Marvin is excellent at preparing his team mentally and physically to be ready for Sunday.

2) Pitt played well down the stretch, Cincy didn't, that's a fact.  That's why Pitt is favored.  That's actually ok w/ me, because I think the Bengals will play better as the underdog in a type of game for which they have no experience.  Hey, Minutia, you can't say Pitt is the underdog if they're favored! 

3) The Bengals D is not as good as Pitt overall (or in some individual facets), but the Bengals D, IF they get a lead, is every bit as good/opportunistic as the Smelters.  The early score will greatly dictate the relative advantage of the defenses (more on this below)

4) I think Minutia failed to recognize (in his relative strengths analysis) a couple of major Bengals items.  The Bengals offensive line is OUTSTANDING.  If they continue to give Palmer time, he will exploit the Sphincter's weak secondary (other than Pumapalomablanca).  Also, is Rudi not in MAJOR form at the right time of year?  And Perry is back.  (Don't get your panties all wadded up, Minutia, I know you said they have a superior offense and greatly-superior QB, I'm just adding more detail)

5) What is Bill Cowher's overall record in the playoffs?  On the road in the playoffs?  Someone will reply w/ the stats, but I don't think it's very good.  Does that tell you anything?  (like a proclivity to "choke" perhaps, especially under the weight of being the better team, favored on the road, kind of a BIG CHOKE if you lost twice in the same year, right?).  The Bengals only get a "not there yet, but on the way" tag if they lose.  What does Pitt get if they lose after being favored?  A little more pressure on them, it seems to me.  (Bengals are 5-1 in home playoff games in their history.  Not a lot, but its more stats for Minutia)

Notwithstanding item 5 above, I do think Pitt is better experience at dealing with the ebb and flow during the game.  Whereas Cincy is more likely to "freeze" after early misfortune (such as a dropped TD pass and missed FG in game 1 against Pitt after ROLLING down the field quite easily) or getting too complacent after early leads (such as a 34-zip lead against Baltimore).  I think this time, however, if the Bengals get a lead, no matter how big, Marvin is gonna have them go for the throat.

I do think it will be a close game, most likely (it ought to be in the playoffs, right?).

If the Bengals have bad luck or get behind early, they might very well be in trouble.

But if Chris Henry catches the TD pass on the first drive, or in some other fashion do the Bengals get an early lead, I think the Bengals will take it.  I don't think you'll see a freeze up w/ multiple 3-and-outs w/ a lead.  I think Marvin has Carson going deep, even in the 4th Qtr if the Bengals are up a good amount.

(If there are any inconsistencies in my reasoning above, screw you, I'm not a lawyer.)

1247331[/snapback]

Very good reasoning, but, you forgot to take into account that the Bengals have already made a music video, which must mean they are REALLY good, and the Steelers probably have little chance, which makes them the underdog. :D

In all seriousness, the one thing that I COMPLETELY agree on, is that whichever team gets out in the lead early, has a HUGH advantage. The Steelers are not a team built for the comeback, but they are built to be hard to come back against due to their ability to run, even when the other team knows it. Cowher is like 96-1-1 when leading by 10 or more in the second half.