[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"WE DEY"

Menudo

the bengals definitely have the better QB (pause for this to take full effect on menudo), but it will take more than carson to pull this off ...

1247385[/snapback]

Why would that be? The Bengals won the division and are playing at home, and after they beat the Steelers last time, I was told by the Bengal folk that clearly the better team won that time. The pressure is on the Bengals not to choke, regardless of what oddsmakers say. The Bengals are the #3 seed, the Steelers are the #6 seed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good reasoning, but, you forgot to take into account that the Bengals have already made a music video......

1247392[/snapback]

Touche. The death knell :D

I may be one of the few, but I still haven't seen, nor do I desire to see this video.

Here's my playoff poem: (I'm a novice, so go easy on me)

Me thinky

Pittsburgh stinky

Touche.  The death knell  :D

I may be one of the few, but I still haven't seen, nor do I desire to see this video.

Here's my playoff poem:  (I'm a novice, so go easy on me)

Me thinky

Pittsburgh stinky

1247404[/snapback]

:D

No matter how good the Bengals get, I will never dislike that team or their fans like I dislike the Ratbirds and Brownies teams and fans. You guys have some class and are actually funny.

By the way, I haven't written a poem in a while. I feared that I was bad luck.

Why would that be?  The Bengals won the division and are playing at home, and after they beat the Steelers last time, I was told by the Bengal folk that clearly the better team won that time.  The pressure is on the Bengals not to choke, regardless of what oddsmakers say.  The Bengals are the #3 seed, the Steelers are the #6 seed.

1247401[/snapback]

i don't argue with this. i'm just saying that carson alone can't carry this one - our defense has to show up big to control the run and get some pressure on ben. as stated many times, cincy will have problems trying to come from behind, so it will be key that they make a defensive statement early in the game.

this should be a great game.

Of course I'll still be a bit disappointed, but this year is differnent.  The Steelers have gone into the playoffs several times in the last 10 years as #1 or #2 seeds and broke my heart every time eventually.  This year, we get to play the underdog role for a change.  As for this game:

Bengals Advantages:  Better Passing Game

Better Ability to play catch-up

More explosive Offense

Steelers Advantages:  Better Running Game

Better Defense

More Experience

Come in on 4 game winning streak

I said 4 weeks ago that the Steelers would make the playoffs and defeat the Bengals in round 1.  I was told I was a crazy homer, but, now it is one week away from being a reality.

1247211[/snapback]

1. The Steelers are the favorites

2. You forgot an advantage for Cincy- homefield

3. Also the fact that EVERYONE is picking Pitt and that Cincy is an underdog at home will motivate them. If you don't think that will you are nuts

I still like Pitt but it's a 50/50 game IMO.

I think the Steelers might wake up at the end of the first quarter down by 14.

The Steelers couldn't beat the Bengals at home when the division was on the line. Why would anyone think they will win here?

Bengals 3 point underdogs? :D

The bandwagon got a lot lighter after last week even though the Bengals played a lot of 2nd stringers.

Fine by me. The Bengals will be more hungry as the underdog.

I do like the Bengals of course, but history clearly says its a winnable game for both teams.

The bandwagon got a lot lighter after last week even though the Bengals played a lot of 2nd stringers.

Fine by me.  The Bengals will be more hungry as the underdog.

I do like the Bengals of course, but history clearly says its a winnable game for both teams.

1247899[/snapback]

1st stringers, 2nd stringers, didn't matter the Chiefs would have still throttled them in the same manner. :D

I do love what Marvin is doing this week ...

1. Had the team practice in pads this afternoon.

2. Had Chad shut up this week. He wasn't told to; Chad asked Marvin what he should do, and Marvin told him he should shut up this week. "Chad made a good decision," Marvin said.

And you can't claim the Steelers are the underdogs, Menudo, no matter how badly you want to talk smack about your team while at the same time covering your butt in case they lose. Sorta like your two predictions that Doggy called you on.

Marvin Lewis has that covered, too: "We're always the underdog. I'm an underdog. That's why I'm here."

Link

If there's one thing I hate worse than the Steelers, it's that stupid who dey crap. I went to a Bengals game last year and it was the worst that I have ever been treated at a game. I've been a Bengal hater since. The fans, at least that day, were awful cocky for someone whose team has NEVER done anything. Lucky for several of them that I was sober that day. I hate to say this...but...Go Steelers.

I can't believe I said that.

Whoa whoa there.....let's not get too carried away.  :D  :D

1248262[/snapback]

You do understand that I was responding to him saying that the Steelers would lose in the AFC Championship, which means they would have had to have beaten the Bengals and the Colts.

I do love what Marvin is doing this week ...

1. Had the team practice in pads this afternoon.

2. Had Chad shut up this week. He wasn't told to; Chad asked Marvin what he should do, and Marvin told him he should shut up this week. "Chad made a good decision," Marvin said.

And you can't claim the Steelers are the underdogs, Menudo, no matter how badly you want to talk smack about your team while at the same time covering your butt in case they lose. Sorta like your two predictions that Doggy called you on.

Marvin Lewis has that covered, too: "We're always the underdog. I'm an underdog. That's why I'm here."

Link

1248047[/snapback]

I'm not trying to cover anything, and what did he call me out on ? I said that if the Steelers lost to the Bengals, I didn't think they'd make the playoffs, due to other teams records at the time. I was wrong, and very happy to be wrong. As for the Steelers not being the underdog, correct, they are the favorite in Vegas, but, they are playing on the road and the #6 seed playing the #3 seed. I'm as surprised as anyone about that betting line.

You do understand that I was responding to him saying that the Steelers would lose in the AFC Championship, which means they would have had to have beaten the Bengals and the Colts.

1248326[/snapback]

Yes, and you do understand that I was joking right? :D As in the statement of the Steelers beating the Colts (however used in a sentence) is a joke in itself. :D

Yes, and you do understand that I was joking right?  :D  As in the statement of the Steelers beating the Colts (however used in a sentence) is a joke in itself.  :D

1248524[/snapback]

:D:D

If there's one thing I hate worse than the Steelers, it's that stupid who dey crap. I went to a Bengals game last year and it was the worst that I have ever been treated at a game. I've been a Bengal hater since. The fans, at least that day, were awful cocky for someone whose team has NEVER done anything. Lucky for several of them that I was sober that day. I hate to say this...but...Go Steelers.

I can't believe I said that.

1248191[/snapback]

Really? First time I've heard that. Most people visiting PBS have positive things to say about their experience. With or without the Bengals, there just isn't a lot of "cocky" living around Cincinnati, anyway.

We certainly have our share of obnoxious drunks at the game, but "cocky"? I honestly don't see that at any of the games, and certainly not last year. Some of the young 'uns may come off that way, but they're drunk and not getting laid, so the rest of us just ignore them. We're quite aware of the fact this franchise has done nothing -- unless you just hopped on the bandwagon this year -- Bengals fans know that failure to the core of their souls.

It may have just been the game. I know this year, I thought the Indy fans were by far the most obnoxious fans I've seen at the stadium (Steelers fans, while rabid, I've generally found to be just pretty good football fans, too.) But that's not been my experience the few times I've seen a game in Indy.

We do love to say "Who dey" though. I'll give you that.

Really? First time I've heard that. Most people visiting PBS have positive things to say about their experience. With or without the Bengals, there just isn't a lot of "cocky" living around Cincinnati, anyway.

We certainly have our share of obnoxious drunks at the game, but "cocky"? I honestly don't see that at any of the games, and certainly not last year. Some of the young 'uns may come off that way, but they're drunk and not getting laid, so the rest of us just ignore them. We're quite aware of the fact this franchise has done nothing -- unless you just hopped on the bandwagon this year -- Bengals fans know that failure to the core of their souls.

It may have just been the game. I know this year, I thought the Indy fans were by far the most obnoxious fans I've seen at the stadium (Steelers fans, while rabid, I've generally found to be just pretty good football fans, too.)  But that's not been my experience the few times I've seen a game in Indy.

We do love to say "Who dey" though. I'll give you that.

1249430[/snapback]

The fact that you have experience dealing with pathetic, losing performances from your Bengals will serve you well at around 8:00PM Sunday...... :D

If there's one thing I hate worse than the Steelers, it's that stupid who dey crap.

1248191[/snapback]

I agree. What does "who dey" mean anyway? Is that ebonics? Jamaican? Wasnt Who Dey one of Saddam Hussiens sons? Whatever it is, its stupid f'n ignorant. i didnt have anything against the Bungholes until I started hearing that Who Dey jibberish. Now I hate them...

I agree.  What does "who dey" mean anyway?  Is that ebonics?  Jamaican?  Wasnt Who Dey one of Saddam Hussiens sons?  Whatever it is, its stupid f'n ignorant.  i didnt have anything against the Bungholes until I started hearing that Who Dey jibberish.  Now I hate them...

1249536[/snapback]

"Who Dey" Hussein :D

I agree.  What does "who dey" mean anyway?  Is that ebonics?  Jamaican?  Wasnt Who Dey one of Saddam Hussiens sons?  Whatever it is, its stupid f'n ignorant.  i didnt have anything against the Bungholes until I started hearing that Who Dey jibberish.  Now I hate them...

1249536[/snapback]

Was that a knockoff of the old Saints saying "Who Dat?" :D

From a blog

"The chant started, Who They think is going to beat them Bengals. ( Cincinnati was on a roll.they were 7-3 a season after they finished 6-10 and prior two seasons 4-12) When some hollered, "Who They think is going to beat them Bengals" Other fans would reply with "Nobody"

A week or two later. The whole chant started to grow, and the nobody was stretched out to Noooo Boooooooody. Coming from an old car commericial of (Red Frazier Ford ) who was out of business at the time. But had a very popular commercial, Who's going to give you a better deal than Red Frazier? Nooo Boooody.

Following that, the chant put was on a 45 record. Recorded by Cincinnati's WLW weatherman Who's first name was Zip.

From the banks of the Ohio comes that orange and black machine

They're the Cincinnati Bengals The finest ever seen

With stripes upon their helmets and fire in their eyes

They'll take the field they will not yield

They're strong and tough and wise

Who Dey.Who Dey, Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals

Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals

Hear that Bengal growling, mean and angry

See that Bengal prowling, lean and hungry

An offensive brute, run, pass, or boot

And defensively, he's rough errrr tough errrr

Cincinnati Bengals that's the team were gonna cheer to victory

Touchdown Bengals!!

Put some points up on the board and win a game for Cincinnati!

Noooooobodyyyyy

When Cincinnati made the playoffs, the Hudepohl beer company jumped on the Who Dey bandwagon with their own version in Hu Dey Beer.

Edited by Randall

The fact that you have experience dealing with pathetic, losing performances from your Bengals will serve you well at around 8:00PM Sunday......    :D

1249511[/snapback]

And you call Ravens and Browns fans classless...

Okay, then here's a little something for your earhole: How many Steeler fans does it take to change a lightbulb? One to actually change it, and the rest of 'em to talk about how great the 70's were.

1249536[/snapback]

Wow. Hillbilly calls big city folks "ignorant". I gotta put that one on the 'puter and see if it crashes.

Actually, I don't much care for the Who Dey cheer either, but you can't go against the masses.

But if you've got nothing better to do besides girl dog about what cheer another city uses for their team, you must have a top 5 draft pick this April.