[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Leinart pull an Eli?

rajncajn

Will Leinart refuse to play for the Saints if they draft him?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Will Leinart refuse to play for the Saints if they draft him?

• Yes
    • No

This seems to be a recurring theme among ESPN analysts lately. Yet nothing has even been hinted about it from Leinart's camp. It's been suggested on one of the Saints board that ESPN isn't happy about their golden boy going to the Saints & are stirring things up in an attempt to keep Leinart out of New Orleans.

To be the future star of the team that will be moved to LA?  Leinart will fit that bill perfectly.

1247736[/snapback]

It seems as though Leinart has already said privately that he doesn't want to be a Saint. He has pointed to the history of the organization and such. They just don't win....

There is no guarantee that they will be going to Los Angeles either.

It seems as though Leinart has already said privately that he doesn't want to be a Saint. He has pointed to the history of the organization and such. They just don't win....

There is no guarantee that they will be going to Los Angeles either.

1247742[/snapback]

Until I see a :D I have to call BS.

I think he will take the job knowing that the team will be starting over and he will be the centerpiece. There's also that of chance that they do move to LA.

1247743[/snapback]

I don't think he would be a bad fit with their team either. They have a pretty good offensive foundation. With a strong running game and pretty solid receivers, add a good head coach and they could be right in it next year.

Either way, it's gonna take a lot of convincing for Leinart to go there.

Either way, it's gonna take a lot of convincing for Leinart to go there.

1247750[/snapback]

How about just having that team pick you and going there instead of needing to be "sold" on the team? Go to the team that drafts you. He would get to start right away and would have a good surrounding core of players. If the Saints get to be back in Louisiana next year and after they get a new coach, they may start to get some good coverage and would be a good market to go to. Also, as mentioned above, Eli had 2 teams in the top 4 going QB so he was able to pull his stunt. What spots in this year's draft will look at QB first? If the difference is the #2 pick or the #15 (for example) then you go 2nd for more cash.

How about just having that team pick you and going there instead of needing to be "sold" on the team?  Go to the team that drafts you.  He would get to start right away and would have a good surrounding core of players.  If the Saints get to be back in Louisiana next year and after they get a new coach, they may start to get some good coverage and would be a good market to go to.  Also, as mentioned above, Eli had 2 teams in the top 4 going QB so he was able to pull his stunt.  What spots in this year's draft will look at QB first?  If the difference is the #2 pick or the #15 (for example) then you go 2nd for more cash.

1247766[/snapback]

I never said I disagree with you. I just don't think Leinart is buying it.

You bring up a solid point on money though. I can't see how he passes that up and takes the risk of falling.

If I was him, I'd have a really bad bowl game tonight, then let myself get soft and pudgy before the combine so that my draft position fell. Or, maybe an arrest - a little domestic violence, drugs, DUI - nothing major, just enough to raise some question marks about my off the field conduct. Just enough to let me slide to - oh, I don't know - maybe the Jets at the #4 pick. Something like that.

If I was him, I'd have a really bad bowl game tonight, then let myself get soft and pudgy before the combine so that my draft position fell.  Or, maybe an arrest - a little domestic violence, drugs, DUI - nothing major, just enough to raise some question marks about my off the field conduct.  Just enough to let me slide to - oh, I don't know - maybe the Jets at the #4 pick.  Something like that.

1247887[/snapback]

The media would love having Eli vs Matt in the battle for NY supremecy. Both of which would have also somewhat dictated where they went (if Leinart tells NO no chance and goes to NYJ instead).

Until I see a  :D I have to call BS.

1247748[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. Where and when is he saying Jaws said that.

I don't by it without seeing or hearing more than gossip.

Its too bad there can't be any repercution for players refusing to go to the team that drafts them. as long as they are paid fairly, they should have no right to refuse to sign with any team. if you don't like, go work a real job.

sports leagues aren't the real world. there needs to be a competitive balance.

Is Benson a cheap owner, ala McCombs?? 

as an aside - I hate this whole - picking your team thing - but if only to stick to Archie's Saints - still hate that lady dog Eli - I could overlook it this time.

1249715[/snapback]

If the Saints had that pick he probably would have done the same thing. So having Leinart do that to the Saints would bear no justice.

the difference this yr is team need.  The top 5 of the draft has only 1 team looking at QB.  As compared to when Eli came out.

1247733[/snapback]

The Titans wouldn't give serious consideration to Leinart or Young? :p Of course they would. So would the Jets if they were smart.

SOme are saying now that the Saints will take Young at #2 because he'll put more fannies in the seats than Leinart would. That would probably mean:

1. Texans - Reggie Bush

2. Saints - Vince Young

3. Titans - Matt Leinart

4. Jets - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

As a Jets fan, that's fine with me.