[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush last night?

VikesGuy

What was the deal with Bush last night. I really didn't have the oportunity to watch him all season.

Can the kid run up the middle? It seemed like Texas was really focused on him last night. White seemed to be the better future NFL back last night. If he can't run on a college team that is keying in on him. How is he going to produce in the NFL?

Well, White is a better between the tackles runner than Bush, no question. He had good success last night, so they stuck with him. White is a good back, and should have a nice NFL career. I think Bush has the upside, the home run threat, the LT like ability. That being said, 6'2 235 backs w/out great speed, have some question marks as well.

I'm in total agreement. White looked much more like an NFL RB. Bush has speed and moves but I just dont see him as a feature back in the NFL. He will definately be an asset to whomever drafts him but I doubt he will produce as an every down back, I certainly dont see an LT or Alexander here, more like a Dunn.

I do think White would do very well as a feature NFL back. He could do very well in a Donco unioform.

Speed kills. Did you see Bush's TD run? He makes one cut, darts to the outside, and outruns everyone to the pylon. That is NFL speed. He'll be fine.

That being said, White looked extremely impressive himself. Good power, speed, and decision making. But the USC O-line had a lot to do with that as well.

Dunn?? really- I think LT/Faulk are the closest comparison- the knock on them both coming out was whether they could be an everydown back as well. White is an excellent between the tackles runner, but that speed Bush has to hit holes, as well as the corner is ridiculous. He will put on some weight- and be fine. Alot of 6'2 235 lb backs w/out great speed flame out in the NFL.........

Speed kills.  Did you see Bush's TD run?  He makes one cut, darts to the outside, and outruns everyone to the pylon.  That is NFL speed.  He'll be fine.

1249449[/snapback]

Yeah he got to the corner on that one, but there were also plenty of plays that Texas strung out for no or little gain. The pros have a lot more time, resources, and expertise, so I guess if they think he can do it in the NFL I'll have to take their word for it.

It's the same way they used him all year--pretty much. He can line up wide, but he did run between the tackles during the season. Last night, a lot of backs could have run between the tackles with some of those holes that White got.

He'll have problems getting the corner in the NFL, but once he does, he got moves like no other.

Now Kiper is saying he's a 15 carry a game player and needs to play with a "thnunder" type of runner. That sounds a lot like Tatum Bell.

Kiper sure does flip flop.

Frankly I think he could be more like Tiki with some weight room work.

I haven't watched him but it sounds like things that folk were saying about Carnell.  He panned out pretty well though.

1249652[/snapback]

I have watched him and he has some power too. It seems like these analysts are trying to hedge their bets now.

Edited by Randall

If these analysts are flip-flopping, at least Houston doesn't feel they have to take Bush at #1 if they don't need him (which they don't). Houston should move Carr and grab Vince at #1. That guy can scramble well enough to not need all the O-Line help the Texans need plus keeping Vince in Texas would be HUGH for ticket sales.

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

The fact that Bush was on the sideline for huge stretches of the 4th quarter did not bode well ..I know that USC had the lead and was trying to grind behind Landell ( sorry can not spell his name ) but in crunch time in a big spot like that i would expect my star / stud to be in there ...even on the 4th down play , Bush was not even on the field ...found it strange and a bit telling

Young stock rose big time and I think he should jump to the NFL now ...