[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush #1

theeohiostate

Is Mort making a guess (his guess is obviously better than most since he knows these teams inside and out) on #2 and #3 or have team sources told him this? I don't see why #2 and #3 would show their hand this early, there is no benefit for them to do this. #1 of course is a different story. But lets say Saints actually want Vince but they think that Tennessee really wants Leinart, they could say they are taking Leinart to see if TENN will give up something to move up. Maybe I'm looking into this too much.

Is Mort making a guess (his guess is obviously better than most since he knows these teams inside and out) on #2 and #3 or have team sources told him this?  I don't see why #2 and #3 would show their hand this early, there is no benefit for them to do this.  #1 of course is a different story.  But lets say Saints actually want Vince but they think that Tennessee really wants Leinart, they could say they are taking Leinart to see if TENN will give up something to move up.  Maybe I'm looking into this too much.

1252459[/snapback]

Mort says the Texan insiders have said they ARE going with Bush, and are aware Young may come out but that will not influence their decision.

Mort says the Texan insiders have said they ARE going with Bush, and are aware Young may come out but that will  not influence their decision.

1252478[/snapback]

I think the Texans have to say this right now if they want other teams to offer them multiple picks for the #1. I'm not saying they don't want Bush, but if they want to move back from 1 for some extra picks, they have to sell the fact that Bush will be gone at #1.

I'm sure the teams with the top 3 picks aren't even 100% certain who they are going to draft at this point in time. Especially since two of the three don't even have head coaches yet - and I'm sure the HC will have some input into the draft decision. Plus, as someone said above, why would the teams tip their hat at this point when they haven't had a chance to shop the pick, see what offers they might get, etc.

Mort's just expressing his opinion. An informed opinion, sure. But at the end of the day, opinions are like a$$h0les - everybody's got one.

The Titans MUST be eyeing Leinart. They could move up to get him and not have to give up the farm, I think.

Besides, if I'm Leinart, I'm not playing in New Orleans----period. He has earned the right to say no to them. I'm sure I'll take some flack for that, but I think that if a player is undoubtedly a top 2 or 3 pick, he can to some extent, write his own ticket.

Sort of like a top business grad from Harvard being made to go work at Enron---it just doesn't make sense.

I think the Texans have to say this right now if they want other teams to offer them multiple picks for the #1.  I'm not saying they don't want Bush, but if they want to move back from 1 for some extra picks, they have to sell the fact that Bush will be gone at #1.

1252504[/snapback]

Good point and like the Chargers 2 years ago may actually draft him and then do the trade.

The Titans MUST be eyeing Leinart.  They could move up to get him and not have to give up the farm, I think.

Besides, if I'm Leinart, I'm not playing in New Orleans----period.  He has earned the right to say no to them.  I'm sure I'll take some flack for that, but I think that if a player is undoubtedly a top 2 or 3 pick, he can to some extent, write his own ticket.

Sort of like a top business grad from Harvard being made to go work at Enron---it just doesn't make sense.

1252555[/snapback]

Yeah, Leinart would be reunited with fomer USC offensive coordinator Norm Chow who is now calling the shots for the Titans. I think Leinart would benfit huge from this situation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2283797

The Texans will pick up an $8 million option on quarterback David Carr, who was the expansion team's first draft pick four years ago. Texans owner Bob McNair made the decision after getting extensive evaluations from various sources that strongly endorsed Carr, including a favorable report from Dan Reeves, the former longtime NFL coach hired last month as a consultant.

The Titans are definitely eyeing Young and hoping he comes out. He is a lot more like McNair than is Lienart. Also, McNair is real tight with VY. Ever since VY went to one of McNairs summer camps, McNair has been somewhat of a father figure to him. If there is question in VY's mind about comming out, if he is garanteed to either go to Houston (where he is from) or to Tennesse to learn under McNair, he is going to come out.