[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which WR will emerge next year.

PantherDave

As some of you know, I mentioned Drew Carter as a deep sleeper in the PS, and Fox has let him have some playing time the last few weeks, which leaves me to believe that Colbert will become the possesion WR next year, and Carter will become the new #2 behind Smith. I hope it happens, because this kid has upside galore, and is even faster than Smitty(actually the fastest Panther). I would love for him to shine next season and for the remainder of the PO.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..and why he is not a WR, I've kept my eye on Ben Watson, who is headed for stud TE status I believe.

1257035[/snapback]

While Watson has his place on the Pats, for the last four years there have been no players used often enough to become a "top player" other than Brady. The passing scheme has never focused on any one player enough to make them a "stud" so far.

While Watson has his place on the Pats, for the last four years there have been no players used often enough to become a "top player" other than Brady. The passing scheme has never focused on any one player enough to make them a "stud" so far.

1257038[/snapback]

I agree, but it seems that Brady has gone to him more of lately, but then again, it could be because of the attention that Branch and Givens get as well.

Edited by PantherDave

Obviously I'm a homer here, but Michael Clayton might be a sleeper pick because he had such a bad season. He was injured coming into camp and then got hurt again during the season. If he is healthy then lookout, he should put up big numbers. Also, TE Alex Smith on the Bucs should break out next season. He was a rookie and actually was second in rookie receptions this season, behind Mark Clayton. He is a beast in the passing game and should be a great tight end.

Obviously I'm a homer here, but Michael Clayton might be a sleeper pick because he had such a bad season.  He was injured coming into camp and then got hurt again during the season.  If he is healthy then lookout, he should put up big numbers.  Also, TE Alex Smith on the Bucs should break out next season.  He was a rookie and actually was second in rookie receptions this season, behind Mark Clayton.  He is a beast in the passing game and should be a great tight end.

1257085[/snapback]

Michael Clayton is DONE.

Care to explain that very insitful comment?  Any information to back this up?

1257109[/snapback]

I think you meant "insightful", but...

No need to elaborate on the obvious. Clayton's numbers last year were a fluke. Galloway is obviously the better, faster, receiver who Simms looks to all the time. Plus, isn't Clayton allegedly lazy? I wish I had a crystal ball to "back up" my instinct, but my prediction will have to be good enough. I do know that Clayton was probably a Top-3 bust this year. I don't know what Tampa will do to make Clayton drastically improved next year, or even a "sleeper" candidate. You can have him. I'll gamble elsewhere.

Are you happy now? :D

Edited by Runner

Care to explain that very insitful comment?  Any information to back this up?

1257109[/snapback]

I saw him make a tackle on a kickoff. That tells me how high Gruden is on him when he sends his "stud" downfield to cover kickoffs.

Which WR will emerge next year?

Reggie Brown is my choice. He gained valuable starter experience as a rookie and will be more consistent in his sophomore season. Playing TO's old spot and with a healthy McNabb throwing to him, I think the sky's the limit with this guy.

I think you meant "insightful", but...

No need to elaborate on the obvious.  Clayton's numbers last year were a fluke.  Galloway is obviously the better, faster, receiver who Simms looks to all the time.  Plus, isn't Clayton allegedly lazy?  I wish I had a crystal ball to "back up" my instinct, but my prediction will have to be good enough.  I do know that Clayton was probably a Top-3 bust this year.  I don't know what Tampa will do to make Clayton drastically improved next year, or even a "sleeper" candidate.  You can have him.  I'll gamble elsewhere.

Are you happy now? :D

1257140[/snapback]

Clayton was injured all year. If you read my earlier post you would know this. He wont be injured next year and people like you who are all down on him will overlook him, making him a sleeper pick. Tampa does not have to do anything to make him better he just has to get healthy. Oh and yes Galloway is the faster reciever and is a seasoned vet. However, I dont think you can compare the two the way you are because last year Galloway was hurt and Clayton had a great year. So whats the difference smart guy? Oh and I would love for you to find some information confirming Clayton is lazy.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Which WR will emerge next year?

Reggie Brown is my choice.  He gained valuable starter experience as a rookie and will be more consistent in his sophomore season.  Playing TO's old spot and with a healthy McNabb throwing to him, I think the sky's the limit with this guy.

1257157[/snapback]

I like this choice.

Clayton was injured all year.  If you read my earlier post you would know this.  He wont be injured next year and people like you who are all down on him will overlook him, making him a sleeper pick.  Tampa does not have to do anything to make him better he just has to get healthy.  Oh and yes Galloway is the faster reciever and is a seasoned vet.  However, I dont think you can compare the two the way you are because last year Galloway was hurt and Clayton had a great year.  So whats the difference smart guy?  Oh and I would love for you to find some information confirming Clayton is lazy.

1257169[/snapback]

Okay, you're right... He's the best receiver in the league. He has all the tools, the right mindset, and the perfect system to make him a top-3 receiver. His injuries hurt his production all year. He's great.

Happy now?

P.S. I'll make sure I don't forget to pencil him in on my "sleeper" list.

PPS. Clayton is a bum :D

Okay, you're right... He's the best receiver in the league.  He has all the tools, the right mindset, and the perfect system to make him a top-3 receiver.  His injuries hurt his production all year.  He's great.

Happy now?

P.S.  I'll make sure I don't forget to pencil him in on my "sleeper" list.

PPS.  Clayton is a bum :D

1257179[/snapback]

And you're a tool.

Berrian of the Bears.  Don't laugh, they'll have a proper offense next year.

1257248[/snapback]

Don't forget they will have Mark Bradley coming back. He had five catches for 88 yards in the final game before injuring his knee.

Don't forget they will have Mark Bradley coming back. He had five catches for 88 yards in the final game before injuring his knee.

1257274[/snapback]

I know - but how good will his knee be? I like Berrian.

Then again, I liked Marty Booker too. :D