[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which WR will emerge next year.

PantherDave

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you meant "insightful", but...

No need to elaborate on the obvious.  Clayton's numbers last year were a fluke.  Galloway is obviously the better, faster, receiver who Simms looks to all the time.  Plus, isn't Clayton allegedly lazy?  I wish I had a crystal ball to "back up" my instinct, but my prediction will have to be good enough.  I do know that Clayton was probably a Top-3 bust this year.  I don't know what Tampa will do to make Clayton drastically improved next year, or even a "sleeper" candidate.  You can have him.  I'll gamble elsewhere.

Are you happy now? :D

1257140[/snapback]

Boy, with words like "allegedly" and "probably" you definitely have me convinced. :D

voicing a small opinion--a good sleeper next year at wr- Parker from San Diego

showed some deep speed and should be the No. 3 option besides Gates and LT11

next year

1257453[/snapback]

Parker is a reliable target and someone Brees has a ton of confidence in. He made a lot of clutch 3rd down receptions this past year. However, he's not the type of guy that can consistently beat press coverage and break open a game. One guy that the Chargers are high on is Vincent Jackson, their 2nd round pick this past year. He's tall and apparently very fast and dominated games in college playing against lesser competition in Divsion I-A at Northern Colorado. He battled injury most of training camp and half-way through the season but started getting some looks later in the season. The Chargers need a gamebreaker at WR and this could be one guy they queitly have their chips set aside on.

I fell into the Clayton bandwagon this year and got burned as well. He could step up and be much better next year, but still probably a little behind Galloway. Andre Johnson could have a huge year if the Texan's fix their o-line problems. Other sleepers include Duke TE from Denver, (former basketball player who's extremely tall and athletic), Coles could bounce back and have a great year next year as well.

I think so, but from having him on several FF rosters, he tends to start slow. However, in saying that(Phins fans can back this up) he seems to never be in the same OT system for long, but with Saban their now and the OT system in place-it could be much better. Plus, he's had some great QB's to play with as well :D .

I definitely like Wilford. Not so sure about Matt Jones. The guy has alligator arms. He also tries to one-hand catches he has no buisiness attempting. He does NOT like contact. I also have not seen the speed he supposedly has. I saw Vrabel chase him down from behind last weekend. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

I think Mark Clayton has a shot at breaking out if Kyle Boller can keep up what he had going at the end of this season. Clayton will see a lot of single coverage next season with Mason and Heap also on the field, though sharing the ball with those guys admittedly limits his upside.

I can't see Matt Jones breaking out next year, either. He's basically a one-trick pony at this point--run deep and try to get behind the secondary, a la Corey Bradford and James Jett. Jones will get the occasional big play, but I can't see him being a fantasy starter in '06, or even beyond unless he begins to show signs of developing into an every down receiver. The kid has a lot to learn.