[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Time.

darin3

D3 is as standup as they come and he has labored the decision of calling him out..I hope everything is OK with Coffeman and if that is the case I hope he does the right thing..All you need to do is answer a PM its not that hard.

1270238[/snapback]

Does article 3 have anything to say about these kind of situations?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if i were in this, i would probably send you half and split the loss.  i dont think it's fair asking everyone else to double-pay.

1270239[/snapback]

Probably a good idea, but not fair to the two guys that have already double-paid. But I see your point. At this point, I'm fine with waiting to see what transpires with this guy after repeated PMs, emails and call-outs.

I'm right there with ya, cliaz.  That's why I'm reserving total judgment until I know the full story.  Chit happens, we all know.  But... he's logged on several times since the Rose Bowl.  He has multiple PMs from not only myself but other Huddlers.  He's been emailed at least twice by me...  if nothing else, a quick reply stating his circumstances would be plenty. 

DMD and The Huddle in general have to be completely divorced from this situation.  Period.

1270231[/snapback]

The fact that the Rose Bowl was 2 weeks ago, and the guy hasn't even acknowledged anyone (when he has been on the site) makes him a low-life. I don't like your odds, guys.

The fact that the Rose Bowl was 2 weeks ago, and the guy hasn't even acknowledged anyone (when he has been on the site) makes him a low-life.  I don't like your odds, guys.

1270250[/snapback]

are odds of collecting the money are about as good as the ones Pittsburg has against the Broncos this weekend :D

Does article 3 have anything to say about these kind of situations?

1270244[/snapback]

Its funny you should ask Brewer because A3 in all of its splendor does address this sort of thing..In a nutshell it says give him up to Nsab.

are odds of collecting the money are about as good as the ones Pittsburg has against the Broncos this weekend :D

1270254[/snapback]

Nice try, OSU, but your fishing trips may work with Menudo, but they won't work with me. But if you are serious... I actually like Pittsburgh's chances this week. Nobody, including me, didn't really give Pittsburgh a shot against Indy... And look what happened. I guess we'll see. Are you willing to give me 14 points, since you mentioned something to the effect yesterday. I say... Pittsburgh 24 Broncos 13... What I should do is say Denver will win by 14... It worked last time.

Wrong thread, I guess.

I guess we ALL have to be more discerning about who we give $$$ to. Spain's bet(s) /is/are now a Huddle legend and now this.

I hope all of eventually get your $$$, but right now it does not look good! :D

Coffeman-Last Active 1/13/06 10:12am

He knows! :D

I guess we ALL have to be more discerning about who we give $$$ to.  Spain's bet(s) /is/are now a Huddle legend and now this. 

I hope all of eventually get your $$$, but right now it does not look good! :D

Coffeman-Last Active  1/13/06 10:12am

He knows! :D

1270329[/snapback]

My suggestion? Everybody who sent him $$ through paypal should go to paypal and file a complaint. His account will be frozen for the amount complaints are filed. Tell them exactly what happened. The guy will get his one way or another. The burdon of proof will be on him, and if he ignores the complaints you guys will probably all get your $10 back and you can sort it out from there.

My suggestion?  Everybody who sent him $$ through paypal should go to paypal and file a complaint.  His account will be frozen for the amount complaints are filed.  Tell them exactly what happened.  The guy will get his one way or another.  The burdon of proof will be on him, and if he ignores the complaints you guys will probably all get your $10 back and you can sort it out from there.

1270470[/snapback]

I like this guy. He writes good articles and drops knowledge Policy style. :D

My suggestion?  Everybody who sent him $$ through paypal should go to paypal and file a complaint.  His account will be frozen for the amount complaints are filed.  Tell them exactly what happened.  The guy will get his one way or another.  The burdon of proof will be on him, and if he ignores the complaints you guys will probably all get your $10 back and you can sort it out from there.

1270470[/snapback]

Unfortunately, PayPal frowns upon gambling... so if the remaining Huddlers simply say they were a victim of a fraud of another sort, perhaps they can get their $ back.

Either way, this will get resolved.

1270470[/snapback]

Paypal won't process complaints for less than $20.

I got stiffed on ebay for $18 and they wouldn't deal with it. He did have multiple complaints and they froze his account however.

Paypal won't process complaints for less than $20.

I got stiffed on ebay for $18 and they wouldn't deal with it.  He did have multiple complaints and they froze his account however.

1270477[/snapback]

Didn't know that, bummer. Guess I'll have to break out my 7-iron or Louisville Slugger. :D

Unfortunately, PayPal frowns upon gambling... so if the remaining Huddlers simply say they were a victim of a fraud of another sort, perhaps they can get their $ back.

Either way, this will get resolved.

1270476[/snapback]

I understand that they frown on gambling. And this guy is the ringleader. He could buy himself a whole lot of trouble for a little bit of money. I was unaware that they do not process complaints of less than $20 though. That puts a fly in the ointment.

Here is a lesson for all. Know who you are dealing with. And if you must commit larceny try to aim higher than a buck fifty. That is pathetic.

Edited by rattsass

Didn't know that, bummer.  Guess I'll have to break out my 7-iron or Louisville Slugger.  :D

1270485[/snapback]

I would still have everyone file a complaint on him. It will at least lock down his PayPal account

and don't tell them it was gambling $$

And if you must commit larceny try to aim higher than a buck fifty.  That is pathetic.

1270489[/snapback]

Wurd. I was holding $1,800 between PrimeTime and 4983. Paid out quick this first year. Building everyones confidence in me before I split :D

Wurd.  I was holding $1,800 between PrimeTime and 4983.  Paid out quick this first year.  Building everyones confidence in me before I split :D

1270495[/snapback]

:D

Was coffeeman trustworthy before this happened?

1270536[/snapback]

We have no reason to think he wasn't. He's been around for a couple of years, ran the contest a couple times (mind you, it was for bragging rights only), and has been on here since the Rose Bowl and even told another Huddler - who he had a private bet with - that he'd be paying up ASAP. It's a goofy situation.

I understand that they frown on gambling.  And this guy is the ringleader.  He could buy himself a whole lot of trouble for a little bit of money.  I was unaware that they do not process complaints of less than $20 though.  That puts a fly in the ointment.

Here is a lesson for all.  Know who you are dealing with.  And if you must commit larceny try to aim higher than a buck fifty.  That is pathetic.

1270489[/snapback]

he has $50 i sent him for a side bet, so i'll be filing tonight