[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Time.

darin3

Many of you know me on a personal level after a few years of being very active here, so you (hopefully) know me to be a pretty reasonable guy. That said, I've reached the end of my rope.

Coffeeman, please check your PMs. And/or your email. And/or the College Forum. And/or simply realize it's been a week and a half since the Rose Bowl. You took on the responsibility (which we all thank you for) of holding the funds for the Huddle's College Bowl Pick 'Em. You had a personal bet with another Huddler. You held funds for another Huddler-against-Huddler bet. As of Sunday night, none of us have been paid. Nor have we heard back from you via PM or email.

It's understandable that we get busy at work, at home, etc. But you've logged on here several times over the past week and a half.

Again, I'm not one to get my shorts in a twist, call someone out, be an aszhole, etc... but this is bordering on ridiculous.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of you know me on a personal level after a few years of being very active here, so you (hopefully) know me to be a pretty reasonable guy.  That said, I've reached the end of my rope. 

1268122[/snapback]

I too am rapidly approaching the point at which I am forced to assume Coffeeman has no intention of fulfilling his obligations regarding the Bowl Pick-'em and the Rose Bowl. Paypal has a 45 day time limit to file a complaint. I sent my money to Coffeman on 12/8, which means I have to file a complain prior to 1/22. I plan on filing a complaint on Thursday or Friday (1/19 or 1/20).

For me it is more an issue of principal, than a matter of losing $10. If anyone else that participated in the Bowl Pick-'Em intends to file a complaint, you need to verify when you sent you fee in and when the 45 days is up.

If I am able to receive a refund from Paypal, I will forward the $10 to Darin3 (in whatever way he prefers).

If at some point, Coffeeman fulfills his obligations, then I will consider the matter dropped. I would be very interested in an explanation for the delay. However any explanation would be up to Coffeeman, and really depends on if he is concerned about his reputation on TheHuddle or not.

I too am rapidly approaching the point at which I am forced to assume Coffeeman has no intention of fulfilling his obligations regarding the Bowl Pick-'em and the Rose Bowl.  Paypal has a 45 day time limit to file a complaint.  I sent my money to Coffeman on 12/8, which means I have to file a complain prior to 1/22.  I plan on filing a complaint on Thursday or Friday (1/19 or 1/20).

For me it is more an issue of principal, than a matter of losing $10.  If anyone else that participated in the Bowl Pick-'Em intends to file a complaint, you need to verify when you sent you fee in and when the 45 days is up.

If I am able to receive a refund from Paypal, I will forward the $10 to Darin3 (in whatever way he prefers).

If at some point, Coffeeman fulfills his obligations, then I will consider the matter dropped.  I would be very interested in an explanation for the delay.  However any explanation would be up to Coffeeman, and really depends on if he is concerned about his reputation on TheHuddle or not.

1269263[/snapback]

paypal doesnt look fondly on gambling

Coffeeman=welcher!

Edited by NSab

from the sounds of it, coffeman doesn't = welcher, coffeeman = degenerate thief. :D

1269471[/snapback]

Exactly. I am really sorry that you guys are having to deal with this garbage.

I still think we need to somehow get Darin his money.  And have Coffeman owe us all.  Darin shouldnt get screwed like this.

1269541[/snapback]

I'm taking care of my own, by offering rbc another $50 and darin3 $10, i know i'm double paying, but it's all about principle and perception. I ran the contest and i made the bet, that fektard coffeeman had the funds, but in the end I still LOST and THEY need to be paid.

I'm taking care of my own, by offering rbc another $50 and darin3 $10, i know i'm double paying, but it's all about principle and perception. I ran the contest and i made the bet, that fektard coffeeman had the funds, but in the end I still LOST and THEY need to be paid.

1269843[/snapback]

As I noted in the College Forum, I appreciate this... and would appreciate it if the remaining 16 in the contest would do the same. I won't hold them to that, though. It's not their fault that this guy turned out to be a first-class turd. Should the guy ever re-surface and pay me, I will - of course - return the second $10 ($10.75 on PayPal, I think).

1269843[/snapback]

I know I have my problems with you, and, I understand that you are probably just baiting me most of the time, but this is a class move. :D

As I noted in the College Forum, I appreciate this... and would appreciate it if the remaining 16 in the contest would do the same.  I won't hold them to that, though.  It's not their fault that this guy turned out to be a first-class turd.  Should the guy ever re-surface and pay me, I will - of course - return the second $10 ($10.75 on PayPal, I think).

1269930[/snapback]

You guys got screwed; no doubt. But to ask everyone else to pay a 2nd time??? That's almost as bad. Tough lesson learned to trust a low-life moocher with your cash. Hindsight is 20/20, but one of you guys should have held the cash. I'm not going to read through all the threads, but how was it that he was picked to hold the money? He can be found, you know, if you really want to find him. :D

How much $ did he steal, anyway? :D

though I tend to backup the vets on this board, could it be possible that maybe something horrible has happened in his personal life? Maybe a death in the family?

if not, if DMD gets me his IP address I could go ahead and make him an offer he can't refuse......if you know what I mean............

You guys got screwed; no doubt.  But to ask everyone else to pay a 2nd time???  That's almost as bad.  Tough lesson learned to trust a low-life moocher with your cash.  Hindsight is 20/20, but one of you guys should have held the cash.  I'm not going to read through all the threads, but how was it that he was picked to hold the money?  He can be found, you know, if you really want to find him. :D

How much $ did he steal, anyway?  :D

1270189[/snapback]

First off, I didn't ASK anyone to pay twice. theeohiostate OFFERED to pay me on top of already doling the money to Coffeeman. I simply stated that if others wanted to do the same, I would appreciate it... and if I were to ever get paid by Coffeeman, I would of course reimburse their second payment. I'm not gonna run off with their money.

Secondly, Coffeeman's been around for awhile, and despite the time that's passed, I'm not ready to call the guy a low-life moocher. He volunteered to hold the funds, as he and TOS were running the show (as they had in the past).

I already have the means to find the guy; I've simply elected to not utilize the info yet.

He is holding $180 for the Huddle Pick Em game (due to me). $100 due to another Huddler (he held funds for a 2-person bet) and $50 to rbmcdonald for a straight-up bet. :D

though I tend to backup the vets on this board, could it be possible that maybe something horrible has happened in his personal life?  Maybe a death in the family?

if not, if DMD gets me his IP address I could go ahead and make him an offer he can't refuse......if you know what I mean............

1270221[/snapback]

I'm right there with ya, cliaz. That's why I'm reserving total judgment until I know the full story. Chit happens, we all know. But... he's logged on several times since the Rose Bowl. He has multiple PMs from not only myself but other Huddlers. He's been emailed at least twice by me... if nothing else, a quick reply stating his circumstances would be plenty.

DMD and The Huddle in general have to be completely divorced from this situation. Period.

D3 is as standup as they come and he has labored the decision of calling him out..I hope everything is OK with Coffeman and if that is the case I hope he does the right thing..All you need to do is answer a PM its not that hard.

Edited by whomper

As I noted in the College Forum, I appreciate this... and would appreciate it if the remaining 16 in the contest would do the same.  I won't hold them to that, though.  It's not their fault that this guy turned out to be a first-class turd.  Should the guy ever re-surface and pay me, I will - of course - return the second $10 ($10.75 on PayPal, I think).

1269930[/snapback]

if i were in this, i would probably send you half and split the loss. i dont think it's fair asking everyone else to double-pay.