[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is the best QB from here on out?

H8tank

The best QB, the guy you would take to lead your team next year, don't consider supporting cast this year in your decision.  

101 members have voted

1. 1. The best QB, the guy you would take to lead your team next year, don't consider supporting cast this year in your decision.

• Delhomme.
    • Hasslebeck.
    • Roethlisberger.
    • Plummer.

I think you gotta take Delhomme. He has proven that he can step up in the face of pressure. I would put Roethlisberger right there with him though; he has grown up very, very quickly. Plummer is a good QB but makes questionable decisions at times.

There is something I just don't like about Hasselbeck...

I gotta take Delhomme. Not because I'm a homer. But because Delhomme just seems to have a special something inside of him that shines when it's all on the line.

Look back at the 2nd half of SB 38...The first half sucked, and he needed to have a big second half, and he delivered a whale of a second half.

Look at last year, no chance of playoffs unless they win oh...7 straight? He wins 7 straight for them. (obviously they didn't make it, but they had a chance if they win in the last few games) It seems like he just has a focus for the game that only appears when it's "now or never".

It's shown so far this year, mostly starting the second half of the year (which is normal for him) and becoming REALLY apparent in the playoffs...

edit: the more i think about it, it's like a little "mini-favre" type thing...anyone know what i mean?

Edited by LooGie

I really like Delhomme, but think that S. Smith makes him special.  Having said that, I think Hass. has even better weapons as a whole that make him just a little better.

1270885[/snapback]

you cannot deny that Smith makes him special - but what about last year?

1270900[/snapback]

Good point. Mush is a good receiver but no where near S. Smith. I still think Seattle's weapons make him just a notch better. If Delhomme were QB of Seattle, would the offense be better? Maybe so. :D

Edited by NAUgrad

I agree with Loog, Delhomme has the edge on H-beck because of his past performances. That being said I think H-beck could step up and have a big game this week as he has a few more weapons at his disposal than does Jake.

1270855[/snapback]

As a Panthers homer, I agree, but I also agree about your comments about Hasselbeck too. He played great last week when SAlex went down and showed he can put his team on his back. I hope we are able to shut him down next week, but the Seahawks will be tough.

Sorry, I'm taking Big Ben, he is a good leader, wins when he's in there and completes a high number of passes. To me he has all the intangibles to be around a long time in this league. It's not everyday a second year guy accomplishes as much as he already has and he continues to get better. He just knows how to win.

Sorry, I'm taking Big Ben, he is a good leader, wins when he's in there and completes a high number of passes. To me he has all the intangibles to be around a long time in this league. It's not everyday a second year guy accomplishes as much as he already has and he continues to get better. He just knows how to win.

1271813[/snapback]

Shhhh. You aren't supposed to believe what you see. He is just getting lucky and is simply a "system" QB. :D

Poor Jake P.... he just gets no respect. :D

After last weeks upgrade of game when Alexander went down... I have to go with Hass. Think Hass wants it reeeeaaalll baaaad!

Edited to add a P. So darn many Jakes around...... :D

Edited by skylive5

How can anyone pick a guy that makes an OT coinflip prediction and then proceeds to hand the ball to GB for the game winning interception?

1270878[/snapback]

LIVE IN THE NOW. Hasselbeck is way better then he was in the 2003 season. He is making a lot better decisions and has protected the ball a lot more. Only 9 interceptions during the regular season pretty much explains it.

I mentioned that the other day - he's a gunslinger.  Favrelite

1270877[/snapback]

I never really thought about it before, until I typed that. They both sort of play like kids in the park. For the love of the game. No holds barred.

Albeit Favre might have the upper hand there :D

1270900[/snapback]

exactly. Moose was not the superstar Smith is, and he was still the #1 WR.

If there's anything to criticize about Delhomme, it's he has a habit (good or bad, however you want to look at it) of wanting to goto only 1 reciever. I equate that with lack of faith in the other WR's being able to make a play of either Smiths or Moose's caliber. Smith just gets open, even with 2 guys on him, and even with all the attraction to his side of the field, the others STILL can't get open.

Now Carter is stepping up, i think he's gonna be the man next year. Err...second man i guess.

LIVE IN THE NOW. Hasselbeck is way better then he was in the 2003 season. He is making a lot better decisions and has protected the ball a lot more. Only 9 interceptions during the regular season pretty much explains it.

1272794[/snapback]

Jeez, you're living in the now enough for all of us bud. We get it. You wish a SEAHAWK was your daddy. It doesn't matter which one. ANY ONE!!!

loogie you got issues. What kind of name is loogie anyways. I just like for Seattle to get respect we deserve. Hasselbeck is by far the best QB out there and is more like Favre then Delhomme. Hasselbeck has learned from Favre and has the same stats as Favre did in his 5th year.