[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bill polian flipping out

You didn't, but several media outlets did.

Kind of like how Brady "choked" on Saturday night when he threw that stupid INT in the endzone that resulted in a 14-point turnaround in favor of Denver?  :D

Football TEAMS win games.  What the hell has Brady ever won without a dominant defense?  Zilch.  You need the full package to do it.  The Colts have not played well AS A TEAM in the playoffs and THAT'S the reason that they're not wearing any rings.  Only tools of the pro-Pats media call Peyton a "choke."

1275727[/snapback]

Peyton had the best OL and most "dominant" defense in the league at his disposal this year...what's his excuse now?:D Bill, you never cease to jump at any opportunity to shoe-horn in a Patriots/Brady rant in a thread that has nothing to do with the Pats. You and Squeegieboy should start a f'n support group in a church basement somewhere. :D

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they also got four games out of HOU and TEN, plus one out of SF, one each ouf of the 49ers, Browns, Rams, and Cardinals.  So, no, Pittsburgh is NOT typical of the teams that Indy beat earlier this year.

1275814[/snapback]

And this is the argument that most people used to say the Colts were overrated this year as they were going 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 0, and the argument that Colts homers like you took offense to. You'd point to the Steelers, Cincy, NE, JAX victories to show how great the team was. But now you're using the "oops, on second thought, we did have a pretty weak-hindquarter schedule" to defend some cockeyed argument that they weren't, in fact, the best team in football and weren't, in fact, the team most poised to win a SB than ever before in Peyton's tenure as QB and de facto offensive coordinator, and therefore, the Colts and (specifically) Peyton are not chokers? Laughable, Swerski. :D You can't have it both ways here.

Edited by msaint

Bill, you never cease to jump at any opportunity to shoe-horn in a Patriots/Brady rant in a thread that has nothing to do with the Pats.

1278714[/snapback]

:D Hey! I resemble that remark! :D

Seriously - the Pats are the reigning dynasty. Brady is the Golden Boy. They're in everyones sights. It is the price of success. Quit whining about it because the mighty have fallen and the oppressed masses all want to take cheap shots at them.

:D  Hey!  I resemble that remark!  :D

Seriously - the Pats are the reigning dynasty.  Brady is the Golden Boy.  They're in everyones sights.  It is the price of success.  Quit whining about it because the mighty have fallen and the oppressed masses all want to take cheap shots at them.

1278738[/snapback]

I don't believe I've whined once about the Pats/Brady losing one playoff game. I don't like the way they lost, no -- bonehead turnovers, etc -- but I certainly have no problem admitting that it was irrational expecting to go into Denver and beat a very tough Bronco team. We've had a good run and I've enjoyed it, just wasn't our year, no bitterness on my end. I just honestly think your obsession with Brady and stalking him in threads goes beyond "taking cheap shots," it's clinically unhealthy, and, more than that, sad because it's clear you're secretly in love with him, and you're a married woman. :violin:

I just honestly think your obsession with Brady and stalking him in threads goes beyond "taking cheap shots," it's clinically unhealthy, and, more than that, sad because it's clear you're secretly in love with him, and you're a married woman. :violin:

1278762[/snapback]

Or maybe I've learned something from Spain over the past few years? :D

I don't believe I've whined once about the Pats/Brady losing one playoff game. I don't like the way they lost, no -- bonehead turnovers, etc -- but I certainly have no problem admitting that it was irrational expecting to go into Denver and beat a very tough Bronco team. We've had a good run and I've enjoyed it, just wasn't our year, no bitterness on my end. I just honestly think your obsession with Brady and stalking him in threads goes beyond "taking cheap shots," it's clinically unhealthy, and, more than that, sad because it's clear you're secretly in love with him, and you're a married woman. :violin:

1278762[/snapback]

f that....ill whine...im still bitter...we got duped

1278773[/snapback]

I wasn't going to get into the utterly BS Lelie call...made by the back judge 20 yards away...4 seconds after the play died...after the side judge, who was five feet away, had NOT thrown a flag...and after that same side judge tried to talk the myopic, hell-bent-on-screwing-the-pats-because-(whiny voice)-they-play-too-rough back judge out of throwing the flag....

but thanks for reminding me, mo lewis :D

:D  Hey!  I resemble that remark!  :D

Seriously - the Pats are the reigning dynasty.  Brady is the Golden Boy.  They're in everyones sights.  It is the price of success.  Quit whining about it because the mighty have fallen and the oppressed masses all want to take cheap shots at them.

1278738[/snapback]

At least she admits they're cheap. :D

I wasn't going to get into the utterly BS Lelie call...made by the back judge 20 yards away...4 seconds after the play died...after the side judge, who was five feet away, had NOT thrown a flag...and after that same side judge tried to talk the myopic, hell-bent-on-screwing-the-pats-because-(whiny voice)-they-play-too-rough back judge out of throwing the flag....

1278901[/snapback]

Or how about that the ball troy brown tried to fair catch never hit the ground before the broncos interfered.

1278773[/snapback]

1278901[/snapback]

:D:D :violin:

:D  :D  :violin:

1278941[/snapback]

It's cool. Any Pats fan that doesn't admit that the Tuck Rule was a bit of a gift is a blind homer.

The Broncos got 3 distinct gifts in that game. The PI call was just the most obvious. Wear it well, because if you win the SB people will keep bringing it up...forever... :D

Or how about that the ball troy brown tried to fair catch never hit the ground before the broncos interfered.

1278919[/snapback]

ok, now you got me going....and there was no way, by the laws of physics, champ bailey's fumble went out of bounds BEFORE the end zone pylon...simply no way. sports guy simmons can be a blowhard from time to time, but he was dead on in his assessment of that play, esp. when you add in that denver fans in that corner of the end zone were pleading for the broncs to hurry up and get their next play off before the pats could review, having seen that it was clearly a touchback.

great, now you're really opening recent wounds :D

ok, now you got me going....and there was no way, by the laws of physics, champ bailey's fumble went out of bounds BEFORE the end zone pylon...simply no way. sports guy simmons can be a blowhard from time to time, but he was dead on in his assessment of that play, esp. when you add in that denver fans in that corner of the end zone were pleading for the broncs to hurry up and get their next play off before the pats could review, having seen that it was clearly a touchback.

great, now you're really opening recent wounds :D

1278954[/snapback]

theres absolutely no excuse for that non call

1278959[/snapback]

Guys, I feel your pain. But just remember...tuck rule. Karma swung the other way. We'll be back next year!!

And they also got four games out of HOU and TEN, plus one out of SF, one each ouf of the 49ers, Browns, Rams, and Cardinals.  So, no, Pittsburgh is NOT typical of the teams that Indy beat earlier this year.

And this is the argument that most people used to say the Colts were overrated this year as they were going 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 0, and the argument that Colts homers like you took offense to. You'd point to the Steelers, Cincy, NE, JAX victories to show how great the team was. But now you're using the "oops, on second thought, we did have a pretty weak-hindquarter schedule" to defend some cockeyed argument that they weren't, in fact, the best team in football and weren't, in fact, the team most poised to win a SB than ever before in Peyton's tenure

1278734[/snapback]

Ya mean like this?

Looks like someone didn't do his homework...

Colts vs. JAX (11-4, clinched Wild Card): Won

Colts @ NE (10-5, division winner): Won

Colts @ CIN (11-4, division winner): Won

Colts vs. PIT (10-5, could get Wild Card berth next weekend): Won

Colts @ JAX (11-4, clinched Wild Card): Won

Colts vs. SD (9-6): Lost

Discounting the meaningless game this past weekend where most of the starters sat after the half, the Colts are 5-1 against teams that've won 9 games or more... the Colts certainly didn't have a "soft" schedule and I think it's fair to say that they've done more against good teams than Seattle has thus far.

1238991[/snapback]

Peyton had the best OL and most "dominant" defense in the league at his disposal this year

Most dominant Defense this side of Chicago, Washington, Denver, SD, TB, etc...

Let's not get crazy, they starte doff the year hot and cooled down tremendously.

And I'm not sure what "best OL" in the league let's up 13 sacks in the teams final 4 games of the year, 5 in the most crucial game of the year and back -to-back sacks with the game on the line. Yeah... best OL in the NFL.