[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT@DEN

Gdawg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offensively, neither of these teams really light up the scoreboard.  Defensively, they are both pretty sound.

Personally, I think the Broncos will win, because Denver is a tough place to play on the road, and Shannie has a better playoff record than Cowher.

1277671[/snapback]

Agree that Denver has the edge in head coach IQ.

Don't think Denver is a tougher place to play on the road than Indy, other than the oxygen factor.

Agree that fatigue could very well be the Steelers' downfall, especially given the oxygen factor.

Game is decided by which D can force the opposing QB to make more mistakes.

Weather update: we had about six inches of snow in Denver over the last 24 hours but it's sunny out now.  Should be sunny and in the 30s and 40s through the game on Sunday.

In other news, the SI brain trust seems to like the Steelers:

pundits

Looks like the Steelers won't be able to energize on the "disrespect" angle.  How will they maintain their fire?

1278466[/snapback]

They're still the underdogs. That's good enough.

Eh, the Broncos got lucky last week. When was the last time the Patriots moved the ball that effectively only to cough it up 5 times in one game? If they hadn't been willing to hand the Broncos points, they'd have been in trouble. There's a lot of luck in the playoffs and the question is, did the Broncos use all theirs up in one week?  :D

1276447[/snapback]

It's called defense my dear...

Yeah, I'm actually surprised at the lack of respect the Broncos are getting all around in this one.  Even the callers to the local shows here are nervous about their prospects.  :D

1278509[/snapback]

This is where the money comes from to cover the bets of the true seers. :D

This game comes down to which QB handles the blitz better. Both defenses are playing well, both teams can run the ball most of the time.

Will young Ben keep his famous composure with Lynch zeroing in on him the whole game? Will the old Jake Plummer resurface and throw INTs?

I'm certainly not ruling a Pittsburgh win out, but I think Denver wins this one pulling away in the end.

:D Go Broncos!!!

all i have to say is that if the steelers play like they have been during their win streak, no team in the league can beat them. im just worried they dont suffer a let down game.. that indy game was very emotional, i just hope the steelers come out with the same aggressiveness and intensity as last week.

Listen, even when the Broncos are BEATEN at home in the playoffs, they still win.  Witness Brady's interception last week, and consider Byner's fumble a while back.  They always find a way to get it done at home, especially in championship games.

Cowher is 0-5 ATS in AFC championships.  I just can't go against that number.  It will be a good game, no doubt, but I see the wheels coming off the Steelers in the second half.

There is also the intangible factor.  I completely dislike Shanny and the Donkeys.  Even when Reeves was here, I think he's great, I could barely tolerate them.  Consequently, they're a lock to win this week.  An iron-clad :D  :D

1277856[/snapback]

:D

Agree that Denver has the edge in head coach IQ.

Don't think Denver is a tougher place to play on the road than Indy, other than the oxygen factor.

Agree that fatigue could very well be the Steelers' downfall, especially given the oxygen factor.

Game is decided by which D can force the opposing QB to make more mistakes.

1278600[/snapback]

They had a piece on the news here in Pittsburgh the other day where they were interviewing some scientist that studies affects of thin air, he had this chamber that he put people and animals in (pretty big one, so that he could have treadmills and stuff), I think that he was actually in Denver.

Anyways... he said that there really is not that much of an affect from the thin air if it is just for a few days and that it is more a mental thing, however, he did bring up the factor of the dry air and the danger of becomming dehydrated if you do not pay attention to it.

Am watching the Jerome Bettis show now... Jerome, Porter and Reed are on there and they seem pretty pumped up and confident. This show was taped on Wednesday.

"An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction, unless acted upon by an external force"

I don't think that the Broncos or Seahawks will be enough of an "external force"

The momentum doesn't stop

Steelers 31-27

Panthers 23-20

:D

Watch out for Polamalu. I think he and Plummer will be well acquainted tomorrow.

1280177[/snapback]

I agree with this....at least the watch out part....he's an amazing athlete.

Going to be the best game of the year tomorrow....still say the crowd wins it for Denver.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, the Broncos got lucky last week. When was the last time the Patriots moved the ball that effectively only to cough it up 5 times in one game? If they hadn't been willing to hand the Broncos points, they'd have been in trouble. There's a lot of luck in the playoffs and the question is, did the Broncos use all theirs up in one week?  :D

1276447[/snapback]

:D I'm just sayin'.

Guest THEbigred

Edit: My analysis is PIT *tried* to piss this game away in the 4th.

In fact, whoever wins it all, I frankly don't think the champ will exactly go down as one of the best ever. That's nothing against the 3 remaining teams, either. In fact I more or less like all 3. But really, think about it w/o getting wrapped up in a sea of statistics: do any of these strike you as "great" teams? If you say yes, I'd say you haven't watched them much this year.

PS I also can't remember a time when the commercials sucked worse either.

Edited by THEbigred

My thoughts are:

1. Plummer, while he did elude about 10 sacks, is just WAY too risky to rely on in big spots and will always make mistakes (4 TO's today).

2. Pitt's O won the game and Denver's D lost it IMO. Pitt had receivers wide open ALL over the field. Give Ben and the coaching staff credit, but their OL was great.

My other point, and off topic for today, is T. Bell will NEVER be a big time RB. IMO he doesn't have the strength and especially the vision to get the job done as a # 1 RB. He's a nice change of pace 10ish carry a game guy, but he isn't a GL runner and he isn't a smart runner either. I wouldn't touch him next year unless something REALLY changes in pre-season.

I'm just speachless......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................