[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT@DEN

Gdawg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pittsburgh is the best #6 seed we've seen in quite some time. Denver looked very good last week. I think Pittsburgh has a very good chance to win the game.

I think Seattle is too strong at home. Losing Foster is really going to hurt them, Goings is decent, but they really could have used Foster. The Carolina Defense is excellent, but I think Seattle's offense will still be able to produce. Seattle will do EVERYTHING in their power to shut down Steve Smith, and I'll think they'll be succesful.

Pittsburgh 24 Denver 17

Seattle 21 Carolina 10

I think Pittsburgh is the best #6 seed we've seen in quite some time. Denver looked very good last week. I think Pittsburgh has a very good chance to win the game.

I think Seattle is too strong at home. Losing Foster is really going to hurt them, Goings is decent, but they really could have used Foster. The Carolina Defense is excellent, but I think Seattle's offense will still be able to produce. Seattle will do EVERYTHING in their power to shut down Steve Smith, and I'll think they'll be succesful.

Pittsburgh 24  Denver 17

Seattle 21 Carolina 10

1275309[/snapback]

I agree Hugh. PIT and DEN are mirror images of each other in many ways, but I think the Steelers are a little better in certain key areas. I can see them winning this game.

i think the bengals have a great shot against the broncos. given the way palmer dissected pitt's secondary, throwing for over 400 yards, and how they just ran all over indy with rudy, this team is on too much of a run and is firing on all thrusters. i see them taking this game and then rolling over the seahawks in the super bowl ...

<< tony! tony! time to wake up ... you fell asleep at the computer again! >>

::D

huh? wha?

:D

freakin' kimo.

Both road teams have a great chance to win. That by itself shouldn't be surprising. But the fact that both are wildcards makes it more surprising.

Denver is the kid sister to Indy this year. Had a great year but was still only part of the rest "of the pack" after Indy. Plummer scares everyone, perhaps rightly so, but there's no denying Denver has played well virtually all season.

Pitt is on a roll. The football gots may be a vengeful bunch and want us all to endure Menudo for two more weeks. Don't know if they have another "us against the world" week in them or not.

Indy may have looked past Pitt (big mistake), I doubt seriously that Denver will. Pitt is good enough to win, but so is Denver.

Don't see many NFC games, but I like both teams.

I hope SA is playing at full strength, it'd be a shame if not. Hasselbeck's performance has been underrated this year, and DJax is back in groove.

What's not to like about Carolina. I like there coach and their tenacity. Seattle may very well be content to let Goings have a decent game, and just put 3 guys on Smith. I still think that won't stop him, he's a beast. (If Pitt were playing Carolina, they'd just put Kimo on him)

Don't have a prediction, hope it's a good game

I expect two very close, well-played game this weekend. 

Steelers  24

Broncos  21

Panthers    34

Seahawks  31

1275313[/snapback]

I agree about the Pitt game but I see more FG's in the Pitt/Den game.

I think 23-20 Pitt.

Panthers 24

Seattle 23

CJ

Eh, the Broncos got lucky last week. When was the last time the Patriots moved the ball that effectively only to cough it up 5 times in one game? If they hadn't been willing to hand the Broncos points, they'd have been in trouble. There's a lot of luck in the playoffs and the question is, did the Broncos use all theirs up in one week? :D

Eh, the Broncos got lucky last week. When was the last time the Patriots moved the ball that effectively only to cough it up 5 times in one game? If they hadn't been willing to hand the Broncos points, they'd have been in trouble. There's a lot of luck in the playoffs and the question is, did the Broncos use all theirs up in one week?  :D

1276447[/snapback]

It took the Patriots 4 years to use up all of theirs!!

Pittsburgh 24  Denver 17

Seattle 21 Carolina 10

1275309[/snapback]

I think you guys are forgetting about the Steeler's fatigue factor. 3 games in a row on the road and having to play in the thin air of Denver is a major obstacle for them. On neutral turf with a two week layoff these teams are evenly matched but I will be shocked if the Steelers arent gasping for breath in the 3rd quarter. If I am Shanahan I go no huddle in the 2nd qtr to tire them out and then go for the kill after the half.

I think Denver wins this pretty easily guys to be honest.

On the other hand, Carolina is playing the best ball of all four teams. They have a fatigue factor too, but they dont have to play 5000 feet above sea level. That game is a toss up, but gut feeling tells me that Carolina gets it done. They are playing the best ball right now, have the better QB and the best WR in the biz right now. If Alexander isnt 100% Seattle has problems. I like Carolina in a thriller.

On the other hand, Carolina is playing the best ball of all four teams.

How do you figure? Not that they aren't playing well, but Pittsburgh hasn't been beat since losing by a TD to Cincinnati on Dec. 4th. Denver hasn't been beat since losing @ KC on the same day. Seattle lost in Week 17 @ Green Bay while resting everyone in the 2nd half. Carolina lost twice @ home to Tampa and Dallas.

They are playing the best ball right now, have the better QB and the best WR in the biz right now.  If Alexander isnt 100% Seattle has problems.  I like Carolina in a thriller.

1276590[/snapback]

The best ball argument is suspicious, again. How is Delhomme a better QB than Hasselbeck at this point in time? I mean, I don't necessarily dispute the sentiment, but there's hardly a lot of evidence to suggest such a thing. And what problems are you referring to that Seattle has?

I really don't know who will win. Pittsburgh is playing fantastic right now, but three straight on the road is an amazing task. I have figured Denver was doing it with smoke all season, but they keep proving me wrong.

The only thing I can reasonably assume is a 20-17 game. Meaning, take the UNDER.

Eh, the Broncos got lucky last week. When was the last time the Patriots moved the ball that effectively only to cough it up 5 times in one game? If they hadn't been willing to hand the Broncos points, they'd have been in trouble. There's a lot of luck in the playoffs and the question is, did the Broncos use all theirs up in one week?  :D

1276447[/snapback]

Lucky? Gimme a break. How about a little credit to Denver's D. I don't think New England was at all willing to hand the Broncos points. They were 4-6 against teams with a winning record and were obviously overrated.

Denver 31 Pittsburgh 17.

Pittsburgh will look good until halftime. Then they hit the wall. :D

Ya' had one hell of a run. :D

But it ends on Sunday. :D

Lucky? Gimme a break. How about a little credit to Denver's D. I don't think New England was at all willing to hand the Broncos points. They were 4-6 against teams with a winning record and were obviously overrated.

1276882[/snapback]

No familiarity with the use of a :D I see. Still and all, how do you think Denver would have done if NE hadn't continually given them short fields to work their offense from?

Listen, even when the Broncos are BEATEN at home in the playoffs, they still win. Witness Brady's interception last week, and consider Byner's fumble a while back. They always find a way to get it done at home, especially in championship games.

Cowher is 0-5 ATS in AFC championships. I just can't go against that number. It will be a good game, no doubt, but I see the wheels coming off the Steelers in the second half.

There is also the intangible factor. I completely dislike Shanny and the Donkeys. Even when Reeves was here, I think he's great, I could barely tolerate them. Consequently, they're a lock to win this week. An iron-clad :D:D

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Weather update: we had about six inches of snow in Denver over the last 24 hours but it's sunny out now. Should be sunny and in the 30s and 40s through the game on Sunday.

In other news, the SI brain trust seems to like the Steelers:

pundits

Looks like the Steelers won't be able to energize on the "disrespect" angle. How will they maintain their fire?