[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Broncos Post-Game

Menudo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to lighten up.  It's a fantasy football message board.

1282457[/snapback]

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Some of y'all take this stuff wasy too seriously. Menudo, if no one here at an anonymous fantasy football board likes you, why on earth would you care?

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Some of y'all take this stuff wasy too seriously. Menudo, if no one here at an anonymous fantasy football board likes you, why on earth would you care?

1282978[/snapback]

That's a good point. Do you really care? You shouldn't. Like I said in another thread I like busting your ba**s on this stuff, it's funny because it bothers you. From your POV you should be like who cares.

1282978[/snapback]

I really don't. I've said before that I take this all in fun. However, there is a differnce in a guy like you, who has been ribbing me for years, but does so in a comical way, compared to others who go unmentioned, who simply go on and name-call, and/or talk about people's family memebers.

That's a good point. Do you really care? You shouldn't. Like I said in another thread I like busting your ba**s on this stuff, it's funny because it bothers you. From your POV you should be like who cares.

1283008[/snapback]

The thing is, it really doesn't bother me much at all. Like Hugh One, you are another one it is fun to argue with. You don't take it to a personal level, or use 5th grade insults.

I really don't.  I've said before that I take this all in fun.  However, there is a differnce in a guy like you, who has been ribbing me for years, but does so in a comical way, compared to others who go unmentioned, who simply go on and name-call, and/or talk about people's family memebers.

1283015[/snapback]

You mean, after all the years, all I would have had to do was call you a momotarded fektarding moran and it would have worked? :D

:D

The thing is, it really doesn't bother me much at all.  Like Hugh One, you are another one it is fun to argue with.  You don't take it to a personal level, or use 5th grade insults.

1283017[/snapback]

The people who do that stuff are ridiculous. This is a football forum get a life if you need to take THAT to a personal level. It's all in good fun IMO. With that said you do start WAY too many Steeler threads...:D

You mean, after all the years, all I would have had to do was call you a momotarded fektarding moran and it would have worked? :D

1283025[/snapback]

Oh yeah, well, your 4th Cousin's Best Friend's Sister's Sister-In-Law is UGLY !!!!!

The people who do that stuff are ridiculous. This is a football forum get a life if you need to take THAT to a personal level. It's all in good fun IMO. With that said you do start WAY too many Steeler threads...:D

1283031[/snapback]

You ain't seen nothing yet........ :D

I'll pile on. I like the Steelers fine, but I am squarely in giantsfan corner on this one. You are annoying as h-ell Menudo.

1283035[/snapback]

O.k. Your vote has been counted. Thank you for your contribution.

Menudo owns most of you..You eat out of his hands like goats at a petting zoo. If Spain didnt exist Menudo would run away with best fisherman at the huddle awards.

Menudo owns most of you..You eat out of his hands like goats at a petting zoo. If Spain didnt exist Menudo would run away with best fisherman at the huddle awards.

1283050[/snapback]

Young whomper, you are wrong here. Menudo is not a fisherman. He is just a Steeler homer who posts about his team all the time and gets a lot of people riled up about it. He's not fishing. I think you are misunderstanding the concept of being a fisherman.

I just went and read the Huddle Forum Posting Rules and I couldn't find anything in there that says that one must reply to a Menudo thread. By rule, you don't even have to read them if you don't want. Sure, the guy is annoying. And sure he never offers anything that is particularly insightful. But I kind of like having the big doofus around. I like watching him get smacked around. It's entertaining. It's better than Cold Pizza, that's for sure.

If you don't like him, change the channel. Or put him on your ignore list.

Congrats to the Steelers and their fans. One day I hope I can have people on this board cranky about my bragging about the Vikings!!

Big Ben looked very good against a tough Bronco defense and the Steelers made Plummer look like he did as a Cardinal.

Very happy to see the Bus get to home for a Superbowl!!

Hopefully, the Superbowl will be a great game.

I just went and read the Huddle Forum Posting Rules and I couldn't find anything in there that says that one must reply to a Menudo thread.  By rule, you don't even have to read them if you don't want.  Sure, the guy is annoying.  And sure he never offers anything that is particularly insightful.  But I kind of like having the big doofus around.  I like watching him get smacked around.  It's entertaining.  It's better than Cold Pizza, that's for sure.

If you don't like him, change the channel.  Or put him on your ignore list.

1283058[/snapback]

Good info. here

Except the part about never writing anything insightful. :D

I thought this was a post game discussion?

Denver got outcoached from the get go. Roth, who was great, went after the rookie Foxworth all day. Smart move. Max protect really caused Denver's D trouble as they didn't get any pressure on the QB.

On the other hand, Pitt's front 3 got pressure on Plummer. How the hell does that happen? I think it would have at least been a closer game if Champ makes the interception on Pitt's first drive, but I don't think Denver would've won either way.

Congrats to Pitt. they flat out earned it.

Young whomper, you are wrong here. Menudo is not a fisherman. He is just a Steeler homer who posts about his team all the time and gets a lot of people riled up about it. He's not fishing. I think you are misunderstanding the concept of being a fisherman.

1283057[/snapback]

I absolutely understand his blatant homerism and dont have a problem with it. But I know that when I read his posts there are certain lines in there that he puts in knowing its going to aggravate people and hes laughing about it. I think its great. Hes not a blatant fisherman and I agree with you hugh but he absolutely baits people with some of his posts. I just think hes a good guy. When he plays poker or posts in the tailgate its always a good time. When The Steelers won yesterday I wasnt at the computer I was too busy losing bets but I knew it would be a Menudo fest on here..That to me is homerism and fishing .

I thought this was a post game discussion?

Denver got outcoached from the get go.  Roth, who was great, went after the rookie Foxworth all day.  Smart move.  Max protect really caused Denver's D trouble as they didn't get any pressure on the QB.

On the other hand, Pitt's front 3 got pressure on Plummer.  How the hell does that happen?  I think it would have at least been a closer game if Champ makes the interception on Pitt's first drive, but I don't think Denver would've won either way.

Congrats to Pitt. they flat out earned it.

1283072[/snapback]

Great anlaysis. Congrats on a great season from your Broncos. Sorry, I did try to make a post game discussion thread, but, every thread I make turns into an attack Menudo debacle. Thanks for putting this back on the right track.

The Champ almost-interception was a very big play. If the Broncos go up 7-0, it might have been a COMPLETELY differnt game. The Steelers have always been a great team playing with the lead, but struggle some playing from behind. The one point that you brought up that is right on is that the Steelers did a tremendous job with protection, especially on the 3rd and longs. Roethlisberger was getting tremendous time back there. The Steelers front 3 has been much improved of late, as far as getting pressure on the QB, when they stay back and don't blitz.

Best of luck next season to your Broncos.

I absolutely understand his blatant homerism and dont have a problem with it. But I know that when I read his posts there are certain lines in there that he puts in knowing its going to aggravate people and hes laughing about it. I think its great. Hes not a blatant fisherman and I agree with you hugh but he absolutely baits people with some of his posts. I just think hes a good guy. When he plays poker or posts in the tailgate its always a good time. When The Steelers won yesterday I wasnt at the computer I was too busy losing bets but I knew it would be a Menudo fest on here..That to me is homerism and fishing .

1283080[/snapback]

.....the thing is, I only made like 2 or 3 posts after the game, and none of them were 'rub it in' type posts. I can post anything at this point and it turns into a Menudo fest.

As for throwing little comments in here and there to rile people up, I have no idea what you are referring to..... :D

Edited by Menudo

Classy thread here... :D

Anyway. Let me add a heartfelt congratulations to the Steelers... they beat us on both sides of the ball and deserved a win. I can't dislike anything they did. I wish I had a reason to complain, but I don't. They are a great team, and I can't imagine a more deserving team to go to the Superbowl. 3 road wins against the top 3 seeds? Wow. :D

If I had to analyze what Denver's problems were:

- Denver receivers dropped key passes. I remember Rod dropping one and Alexander dropping 2.

- Defenders dropped 3 potential interceptions. The ball just bounced out of their hands... I know they aren't paid to catch the ball, but we've been interceptin' mofos all season long, and we really needed some turnovers.

- We let up TEN 3rd and long plays. That was 10 opportunities to field a punt and take it back the other way... instead it seems like we gave up points on every drive in the first half. We COULD NOT cover Hines Ward on 3rd down... and it took us until the late 3rd to realize that we needed to adjust. TOO LATE! :D

That's it. I don't think Jake did anything different than he has done all season. He was not at fault in my mind. We did a great job stopping the run and put the Steelers in plenty of holes on 3rd down. It was those 3rd downs that KILLED us. Ben and Hines really shined when the team needed them.

Classy thread here... :D

Anyway.  Let me add a heartfelt congratulations to the Steelers... they beat us on both sides of the ball and deserved a win.  I can't dislike anything they did.  I wish I had a reason to complain, but I don't.  They are a great team, and I can't imagine a more deserving team to go to the Superbowl.  3 road wins against the top 3 seeds?  Wow.   :D

If I had to analyze what Denver's problems were:

- Denver receivers dropped key passes.  I remember Rod dropping one and Alexander dropping 2.

- Defenders dropped 3 potential interceptions.  The ball just bounced out of their hands... I know they aren't paid to catch the ball, but we've been interceptin' mofos all season long, and we really needed some turnovers.

- We let up TEN 3rd and long plays.  That was 10 opportunities to field a punt and take it back the other way... instead it seems like we gave up points on every drive in the first half.  We COULD NOT cover Hines Ward on 3rd down... and it took us until the late 3rd to realize that we needed to adjust.  TOO LATE!  :D

That's it.  I don't think Jake did anything different than he has done all season.  He was not at fault in my mind.  We did a great job stopping the run and put the Steelers in plenty of holes on 3rd down.  It was those 3rd downs that KILLED us.  Ben and Hines really shined when the team needed them.

1283818[/snapback]

Classy post. I'm not sure why you said 'classy thread' :D I didn't think there was anything wrong with my post.

Anyway, to the point, I agree that the 3rd down conversions by the Steelers, and missed opportunities by the Broncos were the keys to the game.

I also agree that Jake is shouldering too much of the blame, but, QB's always get too much credit for wins and take too much of the blame for losses.

Hopefully we will meet up again in the playoffs next year.

P.S. Nevermind, I realized you were referring to the entire thread, not the initial post.

Edited by Menudo

That's it.  I don't think Jake did anything different than he has done all season.  He was not at fault in my mind.  We did a great job stopping the run and put the Steelers in plenty of holes on 3rd down.  It was those 3rd downs that KILLED us.  Ben and Hines really shined when the team needed them.

1283818[/snapback]

Let me as you a few questions CEO, or any other Denver fans that feel inclined to answer:

1. Do you want Jake as your starting next year?

2. Do you think you would have had a chance to win the game with a better QB?