[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol fans

Guest Sores

:D

She is a 17 year old from a local high school here and her delusion that she could sing and her looks should be totally blamed on her mother. Personally I think its sad. She has been on all the news channels telling how wrong the American Idol judges were. She really believed that she could sing. I think it says more about parenting skills that singing skills. As parents, we need to encourage our kids but at the same time, we shouldnt encourage false hopes and beliefs. The mother's fashion and make up styles was an indicator that she is trying to live her life through her daughter. Its sick.

She is a 17 year old from a local high school here and her delusion that she could sing and her looks should be totally blamed on her mother.  Personally I think its sad.  She has been on all the news channels telling how wrong the American Idol judges were.  She really believed that she could sing.  I think it says more about parenting skills that singing skills. As parents, we need to encourage our kids but at the same time, we shouldnt encourage false hopes and beliefs.  The mother's fashion and make up styles was an indicator that she is trying to live her life through her daughter.  Its sick.

1282745[/snapback]

i agree....

being a new parent myself, i want to be able to support my child in everything he tries...but i think that there is also a responsiblity to him to protect him and be honest. this poor girl didnt have that second part...its no wonder our youth are turning out the way they are...

Edited by dmarc117

I want to know what kind of parent would let their 16 year old girl post a blog with hometown, high school and age listed, plus a couple pretty saucy pictures. Shes 16!

If you look at the posts from people at the bottom, there are really old dudes in their too and people wonder where the dirty old pediphiles hang out. Duh.

There is no way in he-ll id let my daughter do that. I'd worry every day she'd end up on a milk carton or something. Her mother is an idiot and should be slapped for letting her do this, and again for the mascara :D

I want to know what kind of parent would let their 16 year old girl post a blog with hometown, high school and age listed, plus a couple pretty saucy pictures. Shes 16!

If you look at the posts from people at the bottom, there are really old dudes in their too and people wonder where the dirty old pediphiles hang out. Duh.

There is no way in he-ll id let my daughter do that. I'd worry every day she'd end up on a milk carton or something. Her mother is an idiot and should be slapped for letting her do this, and again for the mascara  :D

1283434[/snapback]

My daughter who is quite internet savvy put up one of those sites....nothing bad on it, no info given out that would have led anyone to her...but I made her take it down and had a long talk with her about how dangerous the world/internet can be.

She is 11. :D

My daughter who is quite internet savvy put up one of those sites....nothing bad on it, no info given out that would have led anyone to her...but I made her take it down and had a long talk with her about how dangerous the world/internet can be. 

She is 11.    :D

1283443[/snapback]

Also having an issue with my 11 year old daughter.

She had been IM'ing a lot lately, and when I walk in the room

she closes down real quick as to hide who or what she is talking to.

My brother-in-law is sending me some software (which he says is free)

where I can go in and see who she talks to and what is being said.

When i get it, I'll post the link.

1283434[/snapback]

Hey! 42 isnt old! :D

1283455[/snapback]

You can get a couple different programs....spend the money. One I think is called SpyBlaster or Eblaster. It will actually email from the target computer to you everything that is typed into the computer. The other one that is good, I forget the name, you have to sign onto the computer to view the activity. Also good, but you have to have free access to the computer.

1283455[/snapback]

You can get a couple different programs....spend the money.  One I think is called SpyBlaster or Eblaster.  It will actually email from the target computer to you everything that is typed into the computer.  The other one that is good, I forget the name, you have to sign onto the computer to view the activity.  Also good, but you have to have free access to the computer.

1283553[/snapback]

DISCLAIMER: I don't have kids. Yet. But..........

Just a thought, but have you considered approaching your daughter and actually talking to her about your suspicions? Or are you going to just spy on her without exhausting the option of actually talking to your children about the dangers of "online chatting" and the like? Not trying to call you out as a bad parent or anything, just curious as to if you've already talked to her and she denies anything's going on. :D

You can get a couple different programs....spend the money.  One I think is called SpyBlaster or Eblaster.  It will actually email from the target computer to you everything that is typed into the computer.  The other one that is good, I forget the name, you have to sign onto the computer to view the activity.  Also good, but you have to have free access to the computer.

1283553[/snapback]

Thanks my obsession, I'll look into it

DISCLAIMER:  I don't have kids.  Yet.  But..........

Just a thought, but have you considered approaching your daughter and actually talking to her about your suspicions?  Or are you going to just spy on her without exhausting the option of actually talking to your children about the dangers of "online chatting" and the like?  Not trying to call you out as a bad parent or anything, just curious as to if you've already talked to her and she denies anything's going on.  :D

1283570[/snapback]

I'd go this route as you probably don't want to "uncover" what your children are saying. It's probably more about what crappy parents she has...don't all teenagers have crappy parents?

Plus, you'll probably realize she cusses, thinks about sex, etc, etc....things you don't think she does, she does (or is starting to think about).

DISCLAIMER:  I don't have kids.  Yet.  But..........

Just a thought, but have you considered approaching your daughter and actually talking to her about your suspicions?  Or are you going to just spy on her without exhausting the option of actually talking to your children about the dangers of "online chatting" and the like?  Not trying to call you out as a bad parent or anything, just curious as to if you've already talked to her and she denies anything's going on.  :D

1283570[/snapback]

Absolutely, have had the talks, never to reveal ANY personal information,

don't talk to anyone you don't know, etc etc.

But sometimes 11 year olds think they are much older than 11.

And I can't do nothing about it, escpecially if there is a concern

I'd go this route as you probably don't want to "uncover" what your children are saying.  It's probably more about what crappy parents she has...don't all teenagers have crappy parents?

Plus, you'll probably realize she cusses, thinks about sex, etc, etc....things you don't think she does, she does (or is starting to think about).

1283576[/snapback]

She's most likely just talking to a friend at school about "boys" or whatever, and doesn't want big, mean daddy to know. :D

Absolutely, have had the talks, never to reveal ANY personal information,

don't talk to anyone you don't know, etc etc.

But sometimes 11 year olds think they are much older than 11.

And I can't do nothing about it, escpecially if there is a concern

1283577[/snapback]

Understandable... like I said above, she's probably just talking about stuff she'd be embarassed about... you can't think the worst from the outset. But you have reason to have concern, that's for sure.

I'd go this route as you probably don't want to "uncover" what your children are saying.  It's probably more about what crappy parents she has...don't all teenagers have crappy parents?

1283576[/snapback]

Sounds like someone's been IM'ing Piranha's daughter. :D

Hey!  42 isnt old! :D

1283491[/snapback]

I know, I'll be 41 soon. :D

I meant the older creep in the bottom posts that says he would go kick Simons rear for her. He looks about 70+ and pretty dirty.

No offense to RR, Sky and anyone else in the AARP club :D (My dad does get great golf discounts though)

I bought a couple programs for my nephews and nieces and installed it on my parents and sisters machines. It's a great Mac program for blocking content and viruses with pretty stout keywords that are updated weekly. Its made by Intego

My Dads ticked cause he can't get to the pron anymore and he keeps forgetting the password :D

Edited by Cunning Linguist

CyberSitter is the way to go.

It will email you a log of all web pages accessed AND all conversations from IM. I strongly recommend it to any parent out there and it was rated as best in class by PC Magazine.

CyberSitter web site

It is definitely worth the $39.95. I can send anyone a sample page of log report I get every day if you are interested.

It will email you a log of all web pages accessed AND all conversations from IM. I strongly recommend it to any parent out there and it was rated as best in class by PC Magazine.

CyberSitter web site

It is definitely worth the $39.95. I can send anyone a sample page of log report I get every day if you are interested.

1283739[/snapback]

DMD, do they know it's there? My kids are teens and computer savy, can i install it and hied it from them?

CyberSitter web site

1283739[/snapback]

That's the one I've heard about too. Going to pick it up myself as my Santa Claus believing 11 year-old won't be that way forever.

However, I'm going to have the internet discussions prior to installing that.

Another thing - MySpace is probably the most popular site for teenagers and from my experience (albeit limited), is not a good place for your 14-15 year old to be spending their time.

I mean Darin is on there for crying out loud :D

DMD, do they know it's there?  My kids are teens and computer savy, can i install it and hied it from them?

1283747[/snapback]

I am sure it is hidden. So is Eblaster which I just looked up...it is more expensive than DMD's but gives you real time email logs of all chats/emails sent and received link