[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the drop kick

biggamer3

they just showed fluties drop kick as one of the plays of the year.

i dont get it it was at the 15 yd line why not just send out the kicker.

what was so special i dont understand?

1295170[/snapback]

I think that "what was special" was that there hasn't been a drop kick in several years. :D

I'm also pretty sure that it was done in a situation that did not matter at all. If it was a game on the line thing I am certain that they would have sent the kicker out to do what he is paid to do.

I think that "what was special" was that there hasn't been a drop kick in several years. :D

I'm also pretty sure that it was done in a situation that did not matter at all.  If it was a game on the line thing I am certain that they would have sent the kicker out to do what he is paid to do.

1295176[/snapback]

no thats whats so odd, he made it an 8 point lead.

i really cant understand why belichek did that.

does anyone

There is a funny :Dstory in the boston globe :D about the ball. The HOF wanted the ball Flutie kicked, and a fan ended up with it because the Pats lined up for a 2 point conversion so the nets were not raised. The fan that caught the ball had a lawyer fax a ransom like fax to the Pats. Here is an excerp from the article.....

According to the fax, the law office represents Mr. X, ''who is in possession of the football recently drop kicked by Doug Flutie for the first extra point scored in the NFL by drop kick in forty one years. My client understands that the New England Patriots may have an interest in purchasing that historic football."

Then came the fan's ''terms and conditions," which frankly boggle the mind. Here's what one self-proclaimed ''real Patriot fan" feels the ball is worth:

''1. Payment of ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND ($100,000.00) DOLLARS [lawyer's capitals] on delivery of the football.

''2. A guarantee of eight (8) season tickets for 25 years in the end zone (preferably sections 142 or 143).

''a. The season tickets will be paid for annually by my client at the then going price for season tickets. The Patriots would not be expected to pay for the tickets.

''3. Delivery by the Patriots to my client sometime in September, 2006, of a Tom Brady Patriots' football jersey signed by all the team members as of the beginning of the next football season."

Edited by charty

Friggin' Belichick - He has Tedy Bruschi playing special teams and Tom Brady running QB draws in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game against the Jets like it's the AFC Championship or something, and the next week he's fooling around drop kicking extra points against the Dolphins. Bastage. :D

''3. Delivery by the Patriots to my client sometime in September, 2006, of a Tom Brady Patriots' football jersey signed by all the team members as of the beginning of the next football season."

They should go to Walley World and get him one of those cheap spamshirts!!! :D

There is a funny :Dstory in the boston globe :D about the ball.  The HOF wanted the ball Flutie kicked, and a fan ended up with it because the Pats lined up for a 2 point conversion so the nets were not raised.  The fan that caught the ball had a lawyer fax a ransom like fax to the Pats.  Here is an excerp from the article.....

1295364[/snapback]

:D what a female spray cleanser. they should send tedy bruschi to kick the guy's ass and take the ball.

As I was watching the play, it reminded me of the Eddie Gaedel publicity stunt the old St. Louis Browns pulled many years ago.

Perhaps Belichick sensed his team was going down in the postseason, so he gave it the green light.

As I was watching the play, it reminded me of the Eddie Gaedel publicity stunt the old St. Louis Browns pulled many years ago.

Perhaps Belichick sensed his team was going down in the postseason, so he gave it the green light.

1296140[/snapback]

that makes no sense. the browns did that to attract fans. At the pats game, the game was already in progress. And i'm sure belichek sensed that his team would turn the ball over 5 times in their postseasn game. God, that was a dumb post.