[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the biggest snow job in Super Bowl history

Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want, the Steelers earned this title, a #6 seed, winning over Cincy, Indy, & DEN on the road, and the winnig the SB, I could care less what anyone thinks, we are the Champions, and on team ever desrved it more..... :D

Steelers 21

Seahawks 10

Nuff said. Cry all you want, but it doesn't matter. The Steelers played their worst game of the year and won. That tells you a little about the NFC reps.

To be honest about it, Cincinnati, Indy, and Denver are all better teams than the Seahawks. Had Pittsburgh played the game today against any of those three teams, they would have lost. Just be thankful that it wasn't tonight. Whew! :D

:D  I can't believe what I read on this thread......  :D

I for one, feel very ahsamed about my teams 6th AFC Seed winnin the Super Bowl.....  :D

1307399[/snapback]

Who would possibly think you'd feel bad. You gloated in your self-made glory when your band of thugs possibly ended Palmers carrer.

I wouldn't imagine your blinders couldn't see what every other sports fan in the country witnessed.

Say what you want, the Steelers earned this title, a #6 seed, winning over Cincy, Indy, & DEN on the road, and the winnig the SB, I could care less what anyone thinks, we are the Champions, and on team ever desrved it more..... :D

1307407[/snapback]

Seattle :D

The Steelers beat the 1, 2, and 3 seeds in the AFC and the 1 seed in the NFC.... they took the most difficult path to the title and made it.

1307416[/snapback]

:D Let them try to take it awys, the can't !!!!!!

This is what I seen in todays SuperBowl

1. Bye weeks make the playoffs less entertaining

2. The refs are 1 of 2 things..paid off by someone or heavily influenced by who the crowd wants to win.

3.2 teams that did not play their best football

4.More evidence why we need to use instant replay more and not less

5.That Holmgren needs to practice the 2 minute drill a little more during the offseason

6.Hines Ward is a wonderful WR.

7.Cowher finally get his dues.

8.Some Cornerbacks lose their speed when carrying a football.

9.Offsides is legal for the Steelers defense.

10.2 QB's with good protection not being able to succeed.

11.A Steeler defense that played very well despite hardly hearing the names Porter or Polamalu all night.

12.Stevens despite his touchdown crumbling under the pressure of his own mouth.

This all being said congrats to Steeler fans, your team came from barely making the playoffs to winning the superbowl..way to go.

And SeaHawk fans you guys had a fine season and got to the superbowl..that is a excellent achievement no matter what anyone says..congrats.

Now any rational and reasonably minded person,might would wonder why'd that be? :D

Still thinking? Thought so.

1307422[/snapback]

My point is that the NFC is far inferior to the AFC. Seattle won 3 games this year against teams with winning records. They had an opportunity tonight against a tight Pittsburgh team and couldn't take advantage.

Regardless, the better team won, as it should. The Bookies picked Pittsburgh by 4 (then as many as 6) and they covered. All is well.

This is what I seen in todays SuperBowl

1. Bye weeks make the playoffs less entertaining

2. The refs are 1 of 2 things..paid off by someone or heavily influenced by who the crowd wants to win.

3.2 teams that did not play their best football

4.More evidence why we need to use instant replay more and not less

5.That Holmgren needs to practice the 2 minute drill a little more during the offseason

6.Hines Ward is a wonderful WR.

7.Cowher finally get his dues.

8.Some Cornerbacks lose their speed when carrying a football.

9.Offsides is legal for the Steelers defense.

10.2 QB's with good protection not being able to succeed.

11.A Steeler defense that played very well despite hardly hearing the names Porter or Polamalu all night.

12.Stevens despite his touchdown crumbling under the pressure of his own mouth.

This all being said congrats to Steeler fans, your team came from barely making the playoffs to winning the superbowl..way to go.

And SeaHawk fans you guys had a fine season and got to the superbowl..that is a excellent achievement no matter what anyone says..congrats.

1307424[/snapback]

Best post in this thread.

My point is that the NFC is far inferior to the AFC.  Seattle won 3 games this year against teams with winning records.  They had an opportunity tonight against a tight Pittsburgh team and couldn't take advantage.

Regardless, the better team won, as it should.  The Bookies picked Pittsburgh by 4 (then as many as 6) and they covered.  All is well.

1307430[/snapback]

You don't know much about how the odds are set do you?

If I were Menudo or any other Steeler fan, I'd be happy as hell. They have a right to be.

But that officiating was just awful. Every time the Seahawks made a play on special teams or in Steeler territory it got wiped out. The offensive PI call should never have been made. The holding call on the pass that went to the two yard line was HORRIBLE. On the next two plays, it looked to me that the Steelers LB was offsides. No calls. And the block below the waist was mystifying. Alexander got horse-collard, plain and simple. No call. Seahawks had no chance tonight. I don't believe in conspiracies, because I don't think the NFL has anything to gain. The ratings are what they are for the SB. Fixing the outcomes would do nothing. I just think it was plain human error. I WAS rooting a bit for the Seahawks tonight, but I don't think this has clouded my judgement. I watched the game with about 25 people. Everybody was floored by the officiating. I wish we had seen a fair fight. Steelers might still have won though. We'll never know. Like somebody said, 25 years from now, the Steelers will still have the championship. But man, if I was a Seahawks fan, I would be one PISSED OFF guy tonight.

There are a lot of Steeler-haters, though, which makes them Seahawk fans by default.

1307079[/snapback]

Oh ferpetessake, don't be playing the victim role here, Squeege. Most of the people watching this game didn't have a horse in the race. It sucked from start to finish. I'm sorry the officials tainted it, I really am. But they did.

First off the game was a dud.  Seattle was called for about 4 bogus penalties that cancelled out at least 2 Tds. The mythical offensive pass interference that was a direct TD, then the BS penalty when Seattle got to the Pitt 2.  Second, How the hell did they not reverse that Roeth TD.  No way he crossed the line. Amazing

This post isnt shock value, its a d@mn fact.  Im disappointed in the game, its the worst since the Balt/NYG game.  Pitt did nothing the first half but bogus penatlies kept them in the game with a lead.  Then the rediculous TD that wasnt, and finally watching Bettis prove to be as effective as Drew Bledsoe in the first NE Championship season.  Tell me this who wins the MVP.  A long run by Parker is the only efficent play of the game, but he was outrushed by Alexander.  Hass completely outplayed Roeth.  The Pitt D was a joke, and where the hell was Joey the Mouth Porter tonight. LMMFAO. Bettis will retire, as he proved tonight he doesnt have Athena left.  And his ring should ring as hollow as any rediculous HOF talk for the future.  I cant believe the snow job we all just witnessed tonight.  Seattle should have won this game by 2 Tds by the way both teams played.

1306922[/snapback]

Sucks doesn't it? But jackson did push off and haggans was held. Matt Hasseyback did throw a pick when they needed him most and Stevens could not catch a child's nerf football tonight. But don't worry you guys will be back in the playoffs next year they're in the same divison as the Rams, Cardnials, and 49ers. talk about unfair.

Best post in this thread.

1307436[/snapback]

Jedi, you are the classiest of all of the Seahawk fans. I'm admit that the Jackson offensive PI was weak, but other than that, the Steelers simply made more plays. You are a class actt :D

Yes I do, and I have the cabbage to show for it. :D  :D

1307447[/snapback]

Then you would know that they don't base the lines on who they think is going to win, but on where they think the money is going to come from. In this case they thought more people would be betting on the Steelers, which makes sense, as Seattle really isn't that big of a football market, no offense to the SEA fans.

Oh ferpetessake, don't be playing the victim role here, Squeege. Most of the people watching this game didn't have a horse in the race. It sucked from start to finish. I'm sorry the officials tainted it, I really am. But they did.

1307454[/snapback]

Always loved you, but, you are pathetic by trying to take away from the victory. :D

Then you would know that they don't base the lines on who they think is going to win, but on where they think the money is going to come from.  In this case they thought more  people would be betting on the Steelers, which makes sense, as Seattle really isn't that big of a football market, no offense to the SEA fans.

1307462[/snapback]

If you say so... But I really don't care the basis of the lines. At least, tonight I don't. :D