[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the biggest snow job in Super Bowl history

Sgt. Ryan

Hey Kate Middleton, if you are going to give grammar lessons at least get it right yourself. It's "YOUR boys"....

1307135[/snapback]

[butthead] heh, heh....he said Kate Middleton. heh...[/butthead]

EDIT: I think the language filter is taking it a little far when you can't type in the names of cartoon characters that are/were on national TV... :D:D

Edited by Caveman_Nick

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched several of his games.  Just like I have watched lots of Manning's games.

In the 2 biggest games I have seen Ben play, the AFC Championship game last year and this Superbowl, he has not looked good.

ZI'm not saying that these performances define the guy, but I think they are noteworthy.

1307125[/snapback]

And it so happens that those two games probably rank as very, VERY, close to two of his worst. I sure hope it was the "wow I'm in the Super Bowl" that got him today.

emotions of rooting for your team and the passion involved in this game , makes it easy to lash out ..i can understand that ...but to blame the refs exclusively for the loss is ridiculous ..lets look at some of the facts :

The penalty on D Jax that negated the TD was legitimate and should have been called ..he pushed off and got separation for the td unfairly

Brown missed two field goals which is on him and hurt tHawks

even if Ben is not in the end zone on that play , the ball would be placed literally on the 2 inch line ...and yes we do not know if they score a TD on the next play but it is very , very likely they get in the end zone and go for it on 4th down

First play of 2nd half ( score was 7-3 and anyone's game ) Parker blows by the Defense and scores an easy TD which is on the seahawks D

The reverse and TD pass by Randle El was a legit big time play and again the seahawks got burned ..and by a gadget play none the less which they should have been ready for since the steelers run one almost every game and Seattle had 2 weeks to prepare

The last drive by Hasslebeck was very poor at best ..i know they had no time outs and it was already bleak but 3 yard passes was not going to cut it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

overall not a great game and refs were not perfect but the steelers did enough good things to win ( on their own ) and Seattle did not

however Seattle had a great season and did deserve to be there today ...and if they resign Shaun they should be there again in the upcoming years

And it so happens that those two games probably rank as very, VERY, close to two of his worst.  I sure hope it was the "wow I'm in the Super Bowl" that got him today.

1307149[/snapback]

THat is exactly my point. As those bad games are really starting to hang around Manning's neck, hopefully for you folks Ben won;t continue to toss them up in big spots.

Then again, Roethlisberger did get over the hump that Manning hasn't.

:D cue Bill Swerski :D

:D

emotions of rooting for your team and the passion involved in this game , makes it easy to lash out ..i can understand that ...but to blame the refs exclusively for the loss is ridiculous ..lets look at some of the facts :

The penalty on D Jax that negated the TD was legitimate and should have been called ..he pushed off and got separation for the td unfairly

Brown missed two field goals which is on him and hurt tHawks

even if Ben is not in the end zone on that play , the ball would be placed literally on the 2 inch line ...and yes we do not know if they score a TD on the next play but it is very , very likely they get in the end zone and go for it on 4th down

First play of 2nd half ( score was 7-3 and anyone's game ) Parker blows by the Defense and scores an easy TD which is on the seahawks D

The reverse and TD pass by Randle El was a legit big time play and again the seahawks got burned ..and by a gadget play none the less which they should have been ready for since the steelers run one almost every game and Seattle had 2 weeks to prepare

The last drive by Hasslebeck was very poor at best ..i know they had no time outs and it was already bleak but 3 yard passes was not going to cut it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

overall not a great game and refs were not perfect but the steelers did enough good things to win ( on their own ) and Seattle did not

however Seattle had a great season and did deserve to be there today ...and if they resign Shaun they should be there again in the upcoming years

1307155[/snapback]

Good info here. But I'm sure the Steeler-haters won't be influenced by silly little things like facts.

When you win, everyone hates you.  I think Brady is the best in the league, followed by Roth.

1307101[/snapback]

Roth isnt in Bradys continent. Roeth isnt a top 20 QB in the NFL. Roeth is put in a great situation by a strong defense and a decent running game, and a division that is pathetic outside of Cincy finally starting to put something together this yr. I have nothing against Roeth, but he isnt an elite Qb by any stretch of the imagination. What did he do to win this game tonight. he didnt score on the sneak, and teh refs clearly missed that, and he was picked twice. he was rather pathetic tonight, but still gets credit for the Win. I remember last yr in Dallas when Dallas was leading the ball game late, before Vinny fumbled in his own territory and the steeler running game took over in the last few minutes to win that game. Roeth got credit for this win, thout it was handed to him on a silver platter by his defense, and the inept QB play of Vinny Testaverde. Wins vs that division and the ones vs Dallas last yr and tonight dont prove your a good QB. Just a very fortunate one.

1307155[/snapback]

Yeah like Bettis vs Indy. Nothing is for sure, if you think so your a bigger idiot than you sound on this board.

Roth isnt in Bradys continent.  Roeth isnt a top 20 QB in the NFL.  Roeth is put in a great situation by a strong defense and a decent running game, and a division that is pathetic outside of Cincy finally starting to put something together this yr.  I have nothing against Roeth, but he isnt an elite Qb by any stretch of the imagination.  What did he do to win this game tonight.  he didnt score on the sneak, and teh refs clearly missed that, and he was picked twice.  he was rather pathetic tonight, but still gets credit for the Win.  I remember last yr in Dallas when Dallas was leading the ball game late, before Vinny fumbled in his own territory and the steeler running game took over in the last few minutes to win that game.  Roeth got credit for this win, thout it was handed to him on a silver platter by his defense, and the inept QB play of Vinny Testaverde.  Wins vs that division and the ones vs Dallas last yr and tonight dont prove your a good QB.  Just a very fortunate one.

1307162[/snapback]

Ben Roethlisberger got credit fot this win because of the inept play of Vinny Testeverde? :D

Good info here.  But I'm sure the Steeler-haters won't be influenced by silly little things like facts.

1307158[/snapback]

Those are not facts, but opinions. Facts are the Refs decided the outcome of this game, and you know as much about football as my 2 yr old daughter.

Yeah like Bettis vs Indy.  Nothing is for sure, if you think so your a bigger idiot than you sound on this board.

1307168[/snapback]

Please learn the difference between "your" and "you're" before you call anyone else an idiot. Thanks in advance.

Good info here.  But I'm sure the Steeler-haters won't be influenced by silly little things like facts.

1307158[/snapback]

So you think that 65% of us hate the Steelers? For years they were my favorite AFC Team. I loved Bradshaw. I hope Swann ends up being your governor. I was hoping Pitt would win the game so Bettis would get his ring, but after watching the way the Seahawks were getting screwed, I started hoping for them around half way through the 2nd quater. Step back and take a look, over 65% of us think the Seahawks got screwed, and I have yet to see any Seahawks fan chime in yet. If anything Seahawks37 turned more people off of the Seahawks ala Ugly Tuna. I almost guarantee before the game most of us with no ties to the game were hoping for the Steelers so Bettis would get his ring.

Yeah like Bettis vs Indy.  Nothing is for sure, if you think so your a bigger idiot than you sound on this board.

1307168[/snapback]

coming from you this is a compliment ...after reading most of what you wrote on this thread , i was going to offer you some cheese with all that WHINE

but that is ok ...like i said i understand passion for rooting for a team ...so lash away , its rather comical

Those are not facts, but opinions.  Facts are the Refs decided the outcome of this game, and you know as much about football as my 2 yr old daughter.

1307173[/snapback]

She must be a pretty smart kid who takes after her mother. I bet she has better grammar than you too. :D

Steelers are Superbowl XL Champs.

That is all.

Good night. :D

Those are not facts, but opinions.  Facts are the Refs decided the outcome of this game, and you know as much about football as my 2 yr old daughter.

1307173[/snapback]

I would say they greatly influenced the outcome of this game in a way they shouldn't have. No saying whether or not Pittsburgh would have won without their help. Doesn't change the fact that I feel the Seahawks got screwed.

Please learn  the difference between "your" and "you're" before you call anyone else an idiot.  Thanks in advance.

1307174[/snapback]

Oh I know the difference, I just choose to say "your" for short. Maybe someone with your intellect can tell us all the difference between a strap on with a live woman and a blowup doll.

How about the Parker run and the Randle El pass, which were enough to win by themselves?  :D

1306978[/snapback]

Both were excellent plays..... But without the PI call and the imaginary Roth TD, it would of been 17-14 Seattle. (oops, Field goal would of meant OT Baby)

As for the Refs, a lot of bad calls, Many favored the Steelers, but at least one (Hasselback non-fumble) did go against them.

Overall, lousy game, lousy officiating. Did the Seahawks deserve to win, NO. The were robbed on several calls, but they also had plenty of opportunities to take over the game and didn't. They dropped WAY to many passes, and what the hell were they doing at the end of each half?????

But on the plus side I did manage to win $200 on my work's SuperBowl squares. That's the first time that has ever happen to me.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

She must be a pretty smart kid who takes after her mother.  I bet she has better grammar than you too.  :D 

Steelers are Superbowl XL Champs.

That is all.

Good night.  :D

1307184[/snapback]

oops... This is me baing a moran again :D

Edited by Caveman_Nick

coming from you this is a compliment ...after reading most of what you wrote on this thread , i was going to offer you some cheese with all that WHINE

but that is ok ...like i said i understand passion for rooting for a team ...so lash away , its rather comical

1307181[/snapback]

Just offer yourself a hair piece and some rogaine instead.

So you think that 65% of us hate the Steelers?  For years they were my favorite AFC Team.  I loved Bradshaw.  I hope Swann ends up being your governor.  I was hoping Pitt would win the game so Bettis would get his ring, but after watching the way the Seahawks were getting screwed, I started hoping for them around half way through the 2nd quater.  Step back and take a look, over 65% of us think the Seahawks got screwed, and I have yet to see any Seahawks fan chime in yet.  If anything Seahawks37 turned more people off of the Seahawks ala Ugly Tuna.  I almost guarantee before the game most of us with no ties to the game were hoping for the Steelers so Bettis would get his ring.

1307175[/snapback]

Good info here. Between Menulovedo and Seahag37 it was easy to be neutral in this contest.