[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the biggest snow job in Super Bowl history

Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:D  Seattle had plenty of opportunities and blew them all by theur little selves.  The offocials were bad, but they are not the main culprits.  The Seahawks deserve most of the blame.

1306969[/snapback]

Hey listen Sally....I see where you are coming from and agree.to an extent...but don't try to pretned the refs didn't cost the Hawks about 17 points...GET it? GOT it? yea....I thought so.

Holy Crap. Everyone else pretty well summed up what I have to say, but put me down for another extremely disappointed viewer of this game. That was the worst officiating I can remember seeing in Super Bowl.

I actually like Pittsburgh, and feel bad for them and their fans, because this win is definitely tainted. Blatant blown calls all over the field and every single one of them against Seattle. I'm not one to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon, but that looked as fixed as a WWE matchup. Flat out horrible.

Hey listen Sally....I see where you are coming from and agree.to an extent...but don't try to pretned the refs didn't cost the Hawks about 17 points...GET it?  GOT it?  yea....I thought so.

1307207[/snapback]

Listen, you start a campaign against the ref-job the Pats got against the Broncos, and I'll jump in with you here. Until then, you have no sympathy from me :D

Now please get off the nuclear weapon. :D

gotta assume that this is the only game you watched all yr, because if you watched any others you would know that that kind of contact or push off is the norm in this league, like it or not.

1307019[/snapback]

:D

Been watching Randy Moss for years. Ask him about getting away with the slightest push off. :D

We had chances, can't blame it on the refs. If Jerramy catches the stupid rock, we manage the clock better, and we make some FG's, we still have a chance to win regardless. As for the penalties...

The offensive PI on DJack was legit, although I would estimate it would be called 4 out of 10 at the most. The holding on the punt return and on Stevens other big catch were both calls that could have not been made, and are holds that happen nearly every play of that nature, so one or two of them against Pittsburgh during their big plays would have been nice. Not sure about the pylon rules

The only call I was completely sideways about was the Hasselbeck "illegal block below the waist". The most important rule in any kind of athletic officiating is "you can only call what you see with your own eyes", meaning you can't make up a call based on what you think must have taken place, you actually have to see it. That said, how any referee could see with his own eyes an illegal block on Matt Hasselbeck, is either blind or is not competent at his job.

Edited by Seahawks21

that game SUCKED.

the officiating SUCKED, both teams choked and played like chit, and the better team lost.

the "seattle has nobody to blame but themselves" cliche is so tired. is it true to an extent? sure, even though everytime the hawks put themselves in a position to do something the refs took it away with a ridiculous call. but even if the hawks DID blow chances that doesn't mean i, as a fan, should be happy about the officials deciding the game.

the call that really REALLY burned me was the PF they called on hass. for TACKLING the dude low. you can't tackle low??? HOW THE (the really bad word) DO YOU SCREW THAT UP??? nobody can even argue that was the right call. if not for that 100% bullchit call pittsburgh doesn't have the field position to try their gadget play 2 plays later.

from the phantom holding call that took away seattle's first and goal at the 1, to the missed offsides on the next play, to the ridiculous PF on hass after the INT (which he never would have thrown if it wasn't 3rd and 30 or whatever thanks to BS calls)...that's basically a 15 point swing in a few plays and it was almost completely determined by the officials making bad calls.

that game was for chit, the league should be very embarrassed.

Edited by Azazello1313

Holy Crap. Everyone else pretty well summed up what I have to say, but put me down for another extremely disappointed viewer of this game. That was the worst officiating I can remember seeing in Super Bowl.

I actually like Pittsburgh, and feel bad for them and their fans, because this win is definitely tainted. Blatant blown calls all over the field and every single one of them against Seattle. I'm not one to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon, but that looked as fixed as a WWE matchup. Flat out horrible.

1307210[/snapback]

I am very sad for the game of football tonight. I don't want to sound like a typical sour grapes whiner, but I was sitting with some pretty knowledgeable fans and even the Pittsburgh crowd thought the 'Hawks got jobbed.

And it is apparent that the mood is the same here, where some of the biggest fans of the game hang out.

I congratulate the Steelers on their season, but I'm not sure that the best team won, and I'm not sure that the refs aren't to blame for that. The 'Hawks had some crucial blown opportunities to be sure.

What I am sure of is that I deserved to see a better game. I don't even want to think about a conspiracy type scenario, but what I witnessed tonight leaves an open mind little alternative but to consider it. And that makes me sick to my stomach.

I live in Pittsburgh and think the Seahawks got robbed. I'm a homer, but an honest homer. At least 4 calls were blown that all had major impacts. Biggest blunder was the holding call that called back the first and goal. Haggans lunged to the ground after Hasselback so the ref assumed he was pulled down. He obviously didn't see the hold. All in all a terrible game that could have been better if the refs had even got half the calls correct.  Now I have to live with obnoxious homer fans who don't realize or care about the quality of the win. Happy for Ward, Bettis, Rooneys, etc. but I'm sure the Seahawks have class acts also who at least deserved a fair shot.

1307061[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The win isn't tainted in my eyes.  The Seahawks couldn't overcome their mistakes....

Ben played a poor game and the Seahawks still couldn't win....

THEY are to blame possibly as much as the refs.

1307278[/snapback]

Fixed

Did you watch any of Ben's game prior to this one?

Do you know he's playing with a bad hand, and his deep ball and accuracy has suffered since then? 

1307110[/snapback]

It seems one could insert the name Kurt Warner in place of Ben. :D

(I'm just saying... )

I am very sad for the game of football tonight.  I don't want to sound like a typical sour grapes whiner, but I was sitting with some pretty knowledgeable fans and even the Pittsburgh crowd thought the 'Hawks got jobbed.

And it is apparent that the mood is the same here, where some of the biggest fans of the game hang out.

I congratulate the Steelers on their season, but I'm not sure that the best team won, and I'm not sure that the refs aren't to blame for that.  The 'Hawks had some crucial blown opportunities to be sure. 

What I am sure of is that I deserved to see a better game.  I don't even want to think about a conspiracy type scenario, but what I witnessed tonight leaves an open mind little alternative but to consider it.  And that makes me sick to my stomach.

1307273[/snapback]

well put. i dont think there's a conspiracy, though there would be some irony given joey porter and steelers fans everywhere where screaming at the top of their lungs about the league wanting peyton manning to win, blah blah blah. well if that's how the league operates, who did they want to win this one joey? :D

honestly, how many steelers fans where whining about the refs trying to throw the indy game? i know there were a lot of them, especially here on the huddle. so what's your take on refs throwing games in favor of sentimental favorites today?

like i said though, i think it's just one of those games where the officials had a bad game and all their bad moments seemed to help one team and hurt the other. i don't think there's a conspiracy. i just think this was a chitty game with even chittier officiating.

First off the game was a dud.  Seattle was called for about 4 bogus penalties that cancelled out at least 2 Tds. The mythical offensive pass interference that was a direct TD, then the BS penalty when Seattle got to the Pitt 2.  Second, How the hell did they not reverse that Roeth TD.  No way he crossed the line. Amazing

This post isnt shock value, its a d@mn fact.  Im disappointed in the game, its the worst since the Balt/NYG game.  Pitt did nothing the first half but bogus penatlies kept them in the game with a lead.  Then the rediculous TD that wasnt, and finally watching Bettis prove to be as effective as Drew Bledsoe in the first NE Championship season.  Tell me this who wins the MVP.  A long run by Parker is the only efficent play of the game, but he was outrushed by Alexander.  Hass completely outplayed Roeth.  The Pitt D was a joke, and where the hell was Joey the Mouth Porter tonight. LMMFAO. Bettis will retire, as he proved tonight he doesnt have Athena left.  And his ring should ring as hollow as any rediculous HOF talk for the future.  I cant believe the snow job we all just witnessed tonight.  Seattle should have won this game by 2 Tds by the way both teams played.

1306922[/snapback]

And you write for the huddle? :D After reading your garbage over the past several months and you complete lack of knowledge and objectiveness you've convinced me to spend my fantasy $ elsewhere next year.

Adios a$$hole... STEELERS CHAMPS!!!!!

Edited by slovak

Didn't read it all, but Ben had a bad game, and the Steelers have one for the thumg. ....all of your patheticness can never get in the way of hat... !!!!\

I liken this game to a closely matched Heavyweight Boxing fight. If both are good, they let their defense feel out the opponent. Neither team could get it done in the firt half. Steelers' offense looked much worse.

That said, Ward had 123 yds receiving. How does that not earn MVP? They made the big plays and thats all that was needed based on what their defense was able to do.

The Sea TE needs to hang his head for the entire offseason.

Edited by Capt Skinman