[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wich is better part VI

Front Row

23 members have voted

1. 1. Wich is better part VI

• Private Ryan
    • Apocolypse now
    • The deer hunter
    • Full metal jacket

I'm partial to Pvt. Ryan, The special effects were awesome.

Although the drill sgt. in FMJ almost takes it on his own. :D

1402024[/snapback]

I voted for Pvt. Ryan. I might regret it knowing how amazing FMJ is. Both movies are definitely on the All-Time best list. The Drill Instructor in FMJ is R. Lee Ermey who actually came to visit us in Iraq to film one of his shows on Discovery Channel "Mail Call" I believe is the name. I have a picture with him and he signed the inside of my cover--a great guy, very motivational and absolutely hilarious personality! That man is a legend.

Man, this is like "what child do you love the most?"

I love them all.

They are all classics in my book. But FMJ is the one I would most often want to quote.

"Outstanding, Private Pyle!"

Funny, but as awesome as the imagery in Ryan is, it's the worst of the 4 movies by a Red Coochie Hair IMO. I have to go with Apocalypse Now (not the Redux) as the best of the bunch, but by a narrow margin. I wouldn't turn down a viewing of any of them. I'd also add Platoon into that mix as well.

Edited by Kid Cid

After the Normandy invasion in the first half hour, SPR becomes a very boring movie IMO.

Which narrows it down to Apocolypse Now or Full Metal Jacket. I'll flip a coin and go with Apocolypse Now since I just watched it a couple of weekends ago.