[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official Bears/Packers Thread....

Pope Flick

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chavez will begin seeing Forrest Gregg phantoms on the sideline before all is said and done this season.

1409747[/snapback]

Ah, the greatest offensive tackle ever to grace the league; I wonder what happened to him after he quit playing.... :D

All I know is it would be nice for Green Bay and Chicago to be dominant at the same time - the rivalry is great and all but it'd definitely go up a notch if they were competing for the division crown year-in and -out.

Sooo....Green Bay decided who's throwing the rock yet?  Oops, silly me, it's not them that decides, is it?  :D

1412411[/snapback]

I don't know that any Bears fans should be throwing stones at ANY team regarding their QB options - I'm assuming Rex Glassman starts until he breaks a collarbone giving someone a high five in the June minicamp, and then option B is whomever blows lower on the breathalyzer between Griese and Grossman?

All I know is it would be nice for Green Bay and Chicago to be dominant at the same time - the rivalry is great and all but it'd definitely go up a notch if they were competing for the division crown year-in and -out.

1411938[/snapback]

What's even more amazing for the second longest running series in the NFL (bears/Cardsbeing the oldest) is that they've only met in the playoffs ONCE, back in 1941.

Bears crushed the pack of course, but another matchup in the postseason would be nice.

For some reason, NFL karma doesn't et theset teams be contenders simultaneously, odd for teams that have 20+ titles between them in 85 years.

For some reason, NFL karma doesn't et theset teams be contenders simultaneously, odd for teams that have 20+ titles between them in 85 years.

1413101[/snapback]

Yeah, but when you consider that the days where both WERE the big dogs were the 20s-40s - which was prior to expanded playoff fields, in the days where you either won your division or you were out of the running, and that the two franchises have tallied 2 NFL titles since '67 (which just doesn't sound right), it sort of makes sense. From 1933 to 1946, either Chicago or Green Bay were in the title game in all but 2 years - and their combined record was 8-4. In the 60 years since, they are 9-5 in NFL/NFC title games ( not counting 4-1 in SBs, as everyone knows).

The 2001 season sir was full of breaks all over the place. The 2005 Chicago Bears had one of the top defenses in the league, one that should only improve. Secondary was a question but it will hopefully be addressed in the draft. I believe the Packers totally sucked last year, what makes you think they will even get to .500?

Wake up buddy, this is 2006. Packers are done for a while, with or without Favre.

1409744[/snapback]

:D

Well said.

Sooo....Green Bay decided who's throwing the rock yet?  Oops, silly me, it's not them that decides, is it?  :D

1412411[/snapback]

Have the Bears decided? :D

I agree with Chavez that we haven't had good teams at the same time for ages.

Sure:

Glasshouse

Griese

Orton

And the GB QB is.......?

1418323[/snapback]

You know what? I have a feeling Favre hasn't seen the Packers' schedule yet. Open and close the season vs. the Bears? Once somebody shows him the schedule, I think the knowledge of starting and finishing the year with Ws will easily sway him toward returning in 2006. :D

You know what? I have a feeling Favre hasn't seen the Packers' schedule yet. Open and close the season vs. the Bears? Once somebody shows him the schedule, I think the knowledge of starting and finishing the year with Ws will easily sway him toward returning in 2006. :D

1418378[/snapback]

:D That's a stupid thing to say. :D

1418378[/snapback]

I'll be honest for a second: I will stand and cheer him off the field when I am there that week 16 game. He has done great things for the game and he has been fun to watch. That said though, I will be very sad to see him go into retirement a crippled man.

I'll be honest for a second: I will stand and cheer him off the field when I am there that week 16 game. He has done great things for the game and he has been fun to watch. That said though, I will be very sad to see him go into retirement a crippled man.

1418545[/snapback]

Now if he plays he will be crippled. Please send me a letter daring him not to play. :D

Hey Pope Dick...

You should proofread your posts so you don't look like the idiot that you are. "We're going steam roll you week 1" - nice grammar.

Lastest Katzenmoyer - What?

How does that Stadium look? Mistake by the lake? Are they talking about the stadium or all the people in Chicago?

Your team was not that good last year - you caught a lot of breaks - very similar to a few years back. The year after that I recall you guys did really well???

DANG FIBS!!!!

Stay out of Door County!!!

Hey Pope Dick...

You should proofread your posts so you don't look like the idiot that you are. "We're going steam roll you week 1" - nice grammar.

How does that Stadium look?  Mistake by the lake?  Are they talking about the stadium or all the people in Chicago?

Your team was not that good last year - you caught a lot of breaks - very similar to a few years back.  The year after that I recall you guys did really well???

DANG FIBS!!!!

1418772[/snapback]

:D

Hey Pope Dick...

How does that Stadium look?  Mistake by the lake?  Are they talking about the stadium or all the people in Chicago?

Your team was not that good last year - you caught a lot of breaks - very similar to a few years back.  The year after that I recall you guys did really well???

DANG FIBS!!!!

1418772[/snapback]

Um, don't look like an idiot yourself. Read everything in the thread:

The 2001 season sir was full of breaks all over the place. The 2005 Chicago Bears had one of the top defenses in the league, one that should only improve. Secondary was a question but it will hopefully be addressed in the draft. I believe the Packers totally sucked last year, what makes you think they will even get to .500?

Wake up buddy, this is 2006. Packers are done for a while, with or without Favre.

1409744[/snapback]

Again, what did you guys do last year? Oh yeah, secure a top 5 pick :D. And our stadium? Have you ever been there? I'll be the first to admit it looks like a spaceship from the outside, but inside, it's a different story. There isn't a bad seat in the house. And it's in Chicago, the best city in the US.

I'm defending my boy Pope Flick; everyone is human and makes mistakes; are you grading us? Even Favre makes mistakes. How many picks did he throw last year? Please, PLEASE, bring in Rodgers, I cannot wait.

I've taken it upon my shoulders and have made it my mission to keep this thread alive until week 1. Who's with me?

1418687[/snapback]

That's a long time. Mantaining hatred for the axis of evil of the NFL that long is trying. :D

Hey Pope Dick...

DANG FIBS!!!!

1418772[/snapback]

I type faast and did what, not capitalize the 'w' or put a space between steam and roll? So what? If you can't see this thread was put up in good fun, and understand that just like at the tailgates Bears/Pack fans enjoy giving grief to each other here you are wound just a little too tight.

And since your reading comprhension and football knowledge are clearly lacking my first post was an attempt to talk shucks as if it WERE week 1, after the draft where I am saying you'll draft AJHawk, who went to TOS, just like katzenmoyer.

And if you think last year's team that was solid top to bottom with few exceptions is the same as the 2001 team that was as lucky a team as any (back to back OT picks returned for TD's, etc) then you don't watch very much football.

Put your moeny where your mouth is: I'll take a 50 dollar bet for week 1, then take my double or nothing bet on you for week 17.

Let's see it cheesehead.

I type faast and did what, not capitalize the 'w' or put a space between steam and roll? So what? If you can't see this thread was put up in good fun, and understand that just like at the tailgates Bears/Pack fans enjoy giving grief to each other here you are wound just a little too tight.

And since your reading comprhension and football knowledge are clearly lacking my first post was an attempt to talk shucks as if it WERE week 1, after the draft where I am saying you'll draft AJHawk, who went to TOS, just like katzenmoyer.

And if you think last year's team  that was solid top to bottom with few exceptions is the same as the 2001 team that was as lucky a team as any (back to back OT picks returned for TD's, etc) then you don't watch very much football.

Put your moeny where your mouth is: I'll take a 50 dollar bet for week 1, then take my double or nothing bet on you for week 17.

Let's see it cheesehead.

1418813[/snapback]

Throwing down the gauntlet, I love it.