[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official Bears/Packers Thread....

Pope Flick

Brian Griese and Rex Grossman have never lost to green bay, look for the trend to continue.

:D

Yeah? Well, Mike McCarthy as a HC is undefeated vs the entire NFC North. :D

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Bay looked like an ENTIRELY different team last night.

Now the question is which one shows up the next two weeks... :D

I read before Family Night the linemen hadn't blocked againt live defenders. It looks like they are getting better at blocking and running quicker plays for Favre. That will work sometimes but they will need to go downfield more to keep defenses honest imo. I do believe in the next 2 games they will get better.

Ahman has run in zone systems so even if he is done his play should help the younger guys.

Still 3 young offensive linemen usually means a long season. I am optimistic though. It comes with being a long time Packer fan. :D

• 3 weeks later...

It's never too early to talk smack about the Pack!

:D

Let's see how this plays out(smack talk in the future):

We're going steam roll you week 1, especially now that Griese easily beat out Glassman after his 4th injury.

Also, I can't wait for the sharp as ever looking Benson runs into and over the lastest Katzenmoyer clone from Ohio that you guys drafted at LB. I'll pop an extra beer when that happens.

And expect Urlacher to eat up Rodgers, Gado or no Gado.

Only 5 months to go!! :D:lol:

OK - so Grossman hasn't hurt himself, but there are still 2 more practice days to go.....

It'll be Jones and not Benson running over the missing link linebacker from OSU.

Urlacher will eat more Favre, because he's not tired of it yet and neither is Favre.

close, but i see a bears 9 packers 2 final. grossman see's reggie whites ghost chasing him and he runs out the back of the endzone,out the tunnel, never to be seen/injured in an nfl game again.

Probably slightly more likely than my outcome.

5 Most Memorable Moments in Packer/Bear History:

(personally memorable, since it's tough to remember something that happened before you were born)

5 - Halloween Night, 1994 - heinous weather, throwback unis, the retiring of Sayers and Butkus' spamshirts, Monday Night - all the makings of an NFC Norris classic game. Or not so much, as Green Bay CRUSHED Chicago 33-6, rolling up about 250 yds rushing.

4 - Favre-to-Brooks, and 99 yds later... 1995 - this is one I clearly remember as me and the boys were at Terry's Bar in Oshkosh, and GB was backed up on their own one; we immediately started grousing "great, 3 FB dives and a punt. I just wish Holmgren would take a chance for once." We STARTED going nuts when Favre took a five step drop, were jumping up and down when he threw deep, I think somebody hopped up onto the table when we saw Brooks was open, and there was a massive dogpile when he caught it and took off. I don't think we even saw him cross the goal line.

3 - Majkowski-to-Sharpe, the Instant Replay Game, 1989 - he was over the line! No he wasn't! Well, he probably was but the refs count it anyway! Bedlam ensues!

2 - Favre GTD with a gimpy ankle, 1995 - I was fortunate to actually be AT this game; and this being pre-cell phone (at least I didn't have one yet) there was not really any way to find out if he was playing or not after rolling his ankle pretty badly vs the Vikes the previous week. GB introduced the offense, and when Favre ran out of that tunnel, it was one of the most electric moments I've ever been a party to. Of course, it would have been less memorable had Favre stunk it up; fortunately, he didn't, tossing 5 tds in a 35-28 "defense optional" win.

1 - Charles Martin bodyslams McMahon, 1986 - disgraceful and disgusting but also unforgettable

Honorable mention: Keith Wood-who?, 1989 - played in the shadow of the earlier '89 game, this one proved that the prior win was no fluke - and it started when the semi-talented Keith Woodside went up the middle, executed the slowest spin move I can ever recall seeing, and sauntered 68 yds for a td, keying a 40-28 mashing of the Bears.

- Days of Future Past, 1993 - Favre plays one heck of a game - well except for the two ints run back for tds in a 30-17 loss.

- "Chester Marcol, Thou Art Avenged", 1999 - in what may have been a metaphor for the brief Rhodes era, the Bears sneak out with a 14-13 win when Longwell's game-tying extra point is BLOCKED. IIRC this game was also played on the Sunday after Sweetness passed away.

5 Most Memorable Moments in Packer/Bear History:

(personally memorable, since it's tough to remember something that happened before you were born)

5 - Halloween Night, 1994 - heinous weather, throwback unis, the retiring of Sayers and Butkus' spamshirts, Monday Night - all the makings of an NFC Norris classic game. Or not so much, as Green Bay CRUSHED Chicago 33-6, rolling up about 250 yds rushing.

I was at that game it was maybe the worst weather for a Bears game I ever saw.

- "Chester Marcol, Thou Art Avenged", 1999 - in what may have been a metaphor for the brief Rhodes era, the Bears sneak out with a 14-13 win when Longwell's game-tying extra point is BLOCKED. IIRC this game was also played on the Sunday after Sweetness passed away.

It was indeed just after the death of the great Walter and an otherwise weak Bears team played like they owed it to Payton.

Walter smiled. And so did all we long suffering Bears fans.

Well, the D and running game showed up, so the final score wasn't TOO bad.

But when your special teams give up 10 pts (Chi td and FG) and you can't stop the pass for an entire quarter, you shouldn't expect to win.

The Bears are just better than GB right now.

That's right but Ahman's health is promising and the team will keep getting better.

Tough way to start the season.

Yeah, definitely - but it's not like the Bears are rotten or anything - their young OL got dominated by one of the better defenses in the league.

And I'm sure some 'mustard will come in here yapping about how "Favre should of retired he sux" but he didn't do anything stupid until it was 26-0 in the 4th quarter.

I liked the grit the D and Ahman Green showed at the end - that last carry of his was nails; 4th quarter in a meaningless game and he's still grinding 'em out tough.

Despite the score, there WERE some positives - Woodson at PR, Green looking good, I think the run D was tough all day - Chi finished 36-109 so nothing came cheap for them - and the pass D improved from a thoroughly heinous start. I'm not too disappointed in the defensive performance, all things considered - if the D had been bad, the score would have been along the lines of 49-0.

The rest was pretty much a disaster.

and to think we have a whole 5 pages for this sorry game. No more GB threads this year.

At least ONE of the teams in this game looked good, as opposed to the turd-vs-turd exhibition in Det today.

And yer Lions are just as 0-1 as GB. Deal with it.

and to think we have a whole 5 pages for this sorry game. No more GB threads this year.

It's history. These two teams go back to the beginning of the league and most of the fans have hated each other(the teams that is) since childhood.

It would be nice if they were both good at the same time.

I'm not too disappointed in the defensive performance, all things considered - if the D had been bad, the score would have been along the lines of 49-0.

This would be something of concern if I were a Packer fan. The Bears, with Rex, are not good in the red zone. Not good at all. A coule of those Gould FG's turn into TD's and this game is an all out murder.

I'm a little more disappointed than my fellow Pack fans here, I think. I agree with Chavez's assessment wholeheartedly, but Favre looked inaccurate ALL game long.

I'll say I wasn't GLUED to my own home television -- I was at a sports bar, with my head on a swivel -- so I can't give more complete analysis. However, it just plain sucks to know Rex Glassman and the Bears walked into Lambeau in Week 1 and shut us out. It doesn't feel good.

Ya know what, though -- it's times like these when I love the Packers-Bears rivalry. Fans on both sides can dish it out big-time prior to the game, but both are respectful in victory. Why? Because we've both been on the other side and we know anything can happen in the next contest.

I'm dejected tonight, but congrats go out to the Bears. :D

I'm a little more disappointed than my fellow Pack fans here, I think. I agree with Chavez's assessment wholeheartedly, but Favre looked inaccurate ALL game long.

I'll say I wasn't GLUED to my own home television -- I was at a sports bar, with my head on a swivel -- so I can't give more complete analysis. However, it just plain sucks to know Rex Glassman and the Bears walked into Lambeau in Week 1 and shut us out. It doesn't feel good.

Ya know what, though -- it's times like these when I love the Packers-Bears rivalry. Fans on both sides can dish it out big-time prior to the game, but both are respectful in victory. Why? Because we've both been on the other side and we know anything can happen in the next contest.

I'm dejected tonight, but congrats go out to the Bears. :D

Please stop calling him Rex Glassman as he is perfectly fine. You're just jealous....

You're just jealous....

Of your head coach? Yeah, Lovie is a damn good football man.

Of your defense? GB's front 7 has potential, but Chicago's is already there.

Of your offensive line? Solid group.

Of your QB? :D:D