[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Western Movies

spain

I love old westerns. I have seen every John Wayne movie ever made at least half a dozen times. I have seen every Clint Eastwood movie ever made at least half a dozen times. Today, I introduced my 4 year old daughter to a couple westerns. We were flipping between The Outlaw Josie Wales, which I have seen on the order of 50 times, and a western starring John Wayne and Rock Hudson called The Undefeated that I have seen about 8 times. She still prefers Cartoons, but I will convert her to the western genre. Am I the only Huddler who likes Western films?

No way! I love westerns, although I confess I prefer Clint to John Wayne. lessee, I've got the Man with No Name trilogy, Hang 'em High, Josie Wales, Pale Rider & Unforgiven.

Also Once Upon a Time in the West, & the Django movies.

I have also always loved Silverado. That movie is an absolute Kick.

It seems like a forgotten genre these days.  I dont know if Westerns dont make alot of money at the box office or what.  But you only get a good western every few years now.

1421918[/snapback]

It's a pretty sad commentary on our society that the best grossing western of the last two years is about a couple of homos. :D

It's a pretty sad commentary on our society that the best grossing western of the last two years is about a couple of homos.   :D

1421924[/snapback]

One of the few Westerns that I missed... :D

Edited by spain

I love old westerns.  I have seen every John Wayne movie ever made at least half a dozen times.  I have seen every Clint Eastwood movie ever made at least half a dozen times.  Today, I introduced my 4 year old daughter to a couple westerns.  We were flipping between The Outlaw Josie Wales, which I have seen on the order of 50 times, and a western starring John Wayne and Rock Hudson called The Undefeated that I have seen about 8 times.  She still prefers Cartoons, but I will convert her to the western genre.  Am I the only Huddler who likes Western films?

1421817[/snapback]

Good luck! I never could convert RR juniorette into REALLY apreciating old movies let alone westerns. I love westerns, but I love the old gangster flicks even better. Cagney, George Raft, etc. And don't get me started on the old WWII flicks! :D

I'm a big western fan myself....

Cheyenne Social Club and My Name is Nobody are two of my all-time favorites.

Anything with James Stewert, Eastwood, or Henry Fonda I'll watch.

1421909[/snapback]

NOD! The Clint Trilogy......... ......priceless!!!

This conversation should begin with High Noon. F'in BRILLIANT.

Not that Unforgiven or Open Range suck in the least; Tombstone is a bit pulpy, but always fun to watch.

I love westerns, especially Wayne and Eastwood.  The old ones are good, but I really like the newer films like Unforgiven, Tombstone, Quick and the Dead, Young Guns, Dances with Wolves, Silverado and Wyatt Earp.

1421828[/snapback]

These are great.

Never got that into the John Wayne movies though. Mostly Clint

Josey Wales may be the best and it has Uncle Leo in it :D

Edited by Zooty

wild bunch, anyone?

1422391[/snapback]

Heck, Straw Dogs - which I realize is set in Ireland, not "the West" but the themes remain the same.

Check out Deadwood on HBO, pretty good stuff.