[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pets

nuke'em ttg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never disliked cats but I'm allergic to them. When i met my wife, she already had two and over time ive become less bothered by them. Now they sleep with us and don't bother me at all.

Almost 11 years later, we now have 5 females that never go outside. In the last two years we lost three others, two to cancer and one to diabetes/old age.

We both work long hours so dogs are out of the question although ive had them since i was a kid. If i could teach a Jack Russell to use the box, we'd probably get one :D

Five is alot, but really not that bad. They all have great personalities and none are typical "cats".

When we lost Dweezel (16yr old male) last fall i lost my grilling buddy and yardhelper. He was the only one that went outside. That cat got mice, moles, ground squirrels and more, plus he loved beer & steak too. How can you not like that?

My wife also has a field mouse that she rescued about 5 years ago out of the shed. It drives the cats nuts and charges after them in his hampster ball. :D

Plus all the goldfish and koi in the ponds outside (and yes, we did name most of them :D )

1482975[/snapback]

:D And I named Mrs. RR's Navi System in her car Lucille! :D She does have a nice voice. :D

I don't mind cats, but don't want one as a pet.  Then again I have Birds, and that would be a bad mix.

1480925[/snapback]

:D Depends on the bird. My Conure tears up the cats whenever they try to get into his cage and now they're afraid of him. It's hilarious to watch a bird chase the cats around. Meanwhile the cats are afriad of the fish as well (10" Oscar in a 55gal tank, who will bite anything put into the water.) But the cats will chase the neighbors' Border Collies around all day. :D I like them, but cats are psycho. Would love to get a Lab, like I had when growing up, but our lifestyle really won't allow it.

....who will bite anything put into the water.)

1484267[/snapback]

:D

They will bite at anything that comes close to the water. :D

We had one that we had to pick up off the floor at least twice a day until we finally put a top on the 100 gal tank.