[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 Underrated Movies

darin3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason Streets of Fire always gets me to put the remote down.  :D

1492296[/snapback]

The reason being "Walter Hill"

Perhaps in the :D category - always liked Benny and Joon. I also always kinda' dug Mary Stuart Masterson.

My Bodyguard certainly also belongs in the :D section. I didn't hate it, but the word "underrated" never entered my head. :D

Edited by Easy n Dirty

• 2 years later...

Lots of them come to mind, many great ones already mentioned. At the top of my list is this one:

Just Cause

Starring Sean Connery, Lawrence Fishburn, and an extremely young Scarlett Johannson.

I forget the names. The Charlie Sheen movie where he and Emilion Estevez are Garbagemen. The Martin Lawrence / Tim Robbins movie when they team up to rob his old boss

Interesting post to resurrect...

Some good ones listed here... Just Cause, Harold and Kumar, Down Perriscope, Men at Work

My contributions:

Vanilla Sky - Yeah, it has Tom Cruise, but I really liked the storyline and the twist

Unbreakable - After The Sixth Sense and this, M Night really cranked up the suck

Mr. Brooks - Very dark, great character, nice plot twists. Costner manages to be a part of a good movie. It confused my parents (the plot, not the Costner part... they actually like him).

Gothika - For dramas, I tend to like thrillers with a twist. This is a good one.

Collateral - Another very dark character (Cruise) that makes the movie.

The Last King of Scotland - Forrest Whittaker is absolutely captivating as Idi Amin

Sahara - Big budget flop at the box office, but makes for an entertaining popcorn movie.

Idiocracy - Very funny for those of us with a dim view of humanity. Lots of good quotes.

Mystery Men - Quirky comedy that I find very funny. Great cast, but the humor is more subtle than many people like.

Galaxy Quest - Very similar comedy style to Mystery Men. I thought it was a wonderful sendup of Star Trek and Trekkies.

Blankman - A superhero who is a tard. How can that not be funny?

Grandma's Boy - Think Road Trip level of sophistication. Funny as heck, though.

Cabin Boy - I like Chris Elliot

Waiting - Hilariously underrated. Ryan Reynolds is excellent here.

Edited by Dr. Love