[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***Official Huddle Mock #1 sign-ups***

DMD

Time to kick the tires and light the fires!

The very first of many Huddle mock drafts with my analysis and grading for each team is ready to go. I am in a pretty good mood right now, so the grades should be pretty high for the first one out of the chute.

Performance scoring with 1 point per reception

12 teams

16 rounds, start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, PK, DEF

no limit per position other than you need to field a starting lineup.

This will be conducted on MFL as always, so please only sign up if you are familiar with how it works and can devote the time to this draft so that your picks can be made within, say, a few hours - and use preselects whenver possible.

I won't step in to make picks usually until the second half for backups to keep it going. This is a wonderful way to both get excellent practice for drafts this year and risk ridicule by all the board members who do not possess the cajones of yourself.

The mock draft is here

Sign up for whatever team you want. The mock will begin tomorrow morning at 9 AM EST.

I am going to try once again to have open sign-ups. The password for each team is set to "huddle" so please change the password when you change the team name. I have spoken with Mike Hall about monitoring IP address in case someone tries to get cute this year again.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just a little hesitant with Rivers throwing the rock this year.

LJ, not LT... I love Alexander this year, but the "consensus" is pointing towards Johnson as the #1. I'd much rather have Alexander at #2 or #3 and the higher even-round picks... but I will most definitely be fine with LJ here.

Huh, I thought I'd get SA at #2, but I'll gladly take LJ here. :D

Edit: I see now. I picked SA cause other than Hutch leaving I thought most of the key factors are still in place. LJ has new coach and LT has new QB which IMHO are worse than a new run blocker.....I think in the long run any of these RBs is not going to hurt anybodys team (barring injury).

Edited by Pancake

Edit: I see now. I picked SA cause other than Hutch leaving I thought most of the key factors are still in place. LJ has new coach and LT has new QB which IMHO are worse than a new run blocker.....I think in the long run any of these RBs is not going to hurt anybodys team (barring injury).

I don't totally disagree. I voted for SA in the consensus cheat sheet as the #1.

Seems to be stuck on 1.03.

Come on take Kyle Bohler here. :D

Officially, this doesn't kick off until tomorrow... so no giving people any guff for holding it up TODAY. DMD opened it up seeing that there was plenty of day left when it filled. :D

Oh, and it's "Boller". :D

Officially, this doesn't kick off until tomorrow... so no giving people any guff for holding it up TODAY. DMD opened it up seeing that there was plenty of day left when it filled. :D

Oh, and it's "Boller". :D

I was just kidding. I have no real expectations on how soon people pick unless all day goes by. I wasn't pressuring him.

Well, there is really nothing to base the grades on since we have not had any mocks yet so every gets the curve up. Sort of like when no team has been drafted, the first one is bound to be the best.

This is a no less interesting year than any in memory with QB's falling and so many freaking RB situations muddled. Even the WR's seem less clear though there are more interesting TE's than ever before IMO.

Boil that all down and it means what it always should - teams can look pretty good and it just relies on getting the good players right and avoiding the duds to win a league. Drafting with a top 3 pick is no less an advantage than ever before, but there is plenty of opportunities through mid-draft to make some crafty moves for any team.