[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***Official Huddle Mock #1 sign-ups***

DMD

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright! They made it through.

From 12+ hours avg per pick after my first pick :D have got it down to 54 mins by being less than one min for every pick since.

Not only that... but I have replenished all supplies. :D

So.... DMD, you'll have the evaluation done by the end of business today, right? :D

LOL I would prefer to NOT hear what he has to say about my part in this.

Big mistake taking Droughns instead of SSmith at 2.02. Ah, well... only practice.

You guys seriously rock.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah nice job everyone.

My team finished with kicker and defenses too. Hard to do sometimes with pre selects but thanks DMD for your help. Time for a beer or two? :D

Is this where I can pre-register for Huddle Mock #2?

Last year mock #2 was a 12 team performance too. I'll probably be a spectator now since most of the action seems to be during daylight hours.

Enrique of the Tianos -

Brooks, Aaron OAK QB - 3 10.05

Culpepper, Daunte MIA QB

Anderson, Mike BAL RB

Faulk, Marshall STL RB - 7 16.05

Jackson, Steven STL RB

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB - 4 13.08

McGahee, Willis BUF RB

Chambers, Chris MIA WR

Galloway, Joey TBB WR

Johnson, Keyshawn CAR WR - 9 11.08

Lloyd, Brandon WAS WR - 8 14.05

McCardell, Keenan SDC WR

Stallworth, Donte' NOS WR - 7 9.08

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE

Wilkins, Jeff STL PK - 7 15.08

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def - 8 12.05

A little background on Enrique. He likes drafting 6-9 or 10 usually. Unless something odd is going on you can bet he will have 2 RBs and 1 WR after 3 rounds. He does not draft back-up TEs, kickers or St/D. Enrique knows who he wants to draft and will "reach" for the players he wants unless someone slides to the point he can't resist. Enrique is more than willing to wait for a QB and he usually gets the QB he wants. Finally, usually Enrique trusts a coach because the coach pretty much has more on the line than Enrique does.

A pair of knee jerk reactions by Enrique are that he'd just as soon draft in the 1-3 spots this year. Second there's either a hugh 2nd tier of WRs or it's the usual size and there's not much difference between the 2nd and 3rd tiers.

1.08 S. Jackson

Remember, when Enrique believes, he acts.

2.05 W. McGahee

Enrique was not going to wait 15 more picks for his 2nd RB. He didn't feel he could. He thought about Steve Smith for an instant. Going into this pick Enrique had a short list. Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, LaMont Jordan, Dom Davis, Rudi Johnson and Willis McGahee. McGahee was the only short list player left.

3.08 C. Chambers

Enrique reports he was the highest rated WR on his short list. He would have taken Wayne or Harrison or Boldin but they were gone. There's a lot of folks Enrique thinks are half decent at this game who are high on Chambers so Enrique is fine with this pick. Not thrilled but if Chambers does almost as good as last year, with a better QB, he's a good pick.

4.05 J. Shockey

Enrique agonized over this pick. Galloway or Shockey. Galloway or Shockey. Four things meant Shockey. Enrique really likes Clayton and expects he will eat into Galloway's stats. Second, Enrique only drafts 1 TE and Gates was gone. Third, Enrique is a Cowboys fan, he's seen plenty of Galloway's junk before. Finally, Enrique is a University of Michigan fan.

5.08 J. Galloway

Enrique agonized over this pick. He spent 20 minutes looking for someone else. Ultimately it came down to 4 things for Enrique. Horn was gone. He really like TB's offense in 2006. He though Houshmanzadeh (I spelled that from memory, close?) would be there at 6.05. It would have been Shear Magic for that to have happened he now realizes. Fourth, Enrique was going to take Galloway with the 4th.

6.05 D. Culpepper

Enrique was thrilled Culpepper fell to 6.05. Enrique prefers to draft his QBS in the 7th or 8th even but Culpepper was too much to resist. Enrique knows Culpepper is still not 100%. Enrique just needed to make sure he drafts a QB without an early bye-week in case Culpepper needs to miss a game or three to start the season.

Enrique always has a QB he likes going into the season. Last year it was Boller. Sometimes Enrique is wrong. This year Enrique has 3 he likes. He set his preselect for Drew Bledsoe and went to bed happy as a clam. He would still draft Bledsoe in the 7th despite the selection of Culpepper.

7.08 M. Anderson

Bledsoe went two picks earlier so Enrique drafted another RB. He's not bye-week filler for Jackson but the only legit gripe about Jackson is that he gets dinged up. Enrique had Anderson on a few teams last year. Getting Anderson in the 7th felt like a steal and in case Jackson or McGahee gets hurt the season wouls till be OK.

8.05 K. McCardell

Enrique has always loved McCardell. Enrique believes the cagy old vet will be Rivers' binky this year. Enrique thought about taking McCardell at 7.08 but throught that was early. He considered Glenn and Porter here as well. Remember Enrique trusts the coach. That doesn't mean Enrique will draft Rivers but it does mean Enrique thinks Marty didn't let Breese go for the #1 overall in 2007, either. Marty must think Rivers is up to the challenge. Plus McCardell is his team's #1 WR. Can't say that for Porter or Glenn.

9.08 D. Stallworth

Enrique wanted one more WR and Enrique thinks he can repeat his 2005 season at least which would make him a nice value in the 9th round. Enrique thinks Stallworth has better QB throwing to him now too.

---------

I'll finish the rest tomorrow. I can't keep typing and watch the Mavs like I need to be.