[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

define the relationship?!?!?!

wcd480

If, at 23 years of age, her biological clock is ticking, you must: 1) live in Alabama; and 2) bail.

Shows what you know, In Alabama by 23 the bomb has already gone off.

Edited by rajncajn

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Defining a relationship with a woman is very very simple and in 34 years I finally formulated the answer. The answer is found in the form of a question..Have you farted in front of this woman ? Your comfort level and the true measure of your feelings for this woman lies in your answer.

This is great advice :D

Three months is not a very long time in the grand scheme of things.

I agree with those who have said to let her do the talking. See what she expects from you at this point. Be honest with her if you are not comfortable with her expectations.

If she is expecting more from you at this point than "I like you a lot and want to see how far this relationship can go, so I'm not going to date anyone else," then I think she's asking too much.

I agree with those who have said to let her do the talking. See what she expects from you at this point. Be honest with her if you are not comfortable with her expectations.

If she is expecting more from you at this point than "I like you a lot and want to see how far this relationship can go, so I'm not going to date anyone else," then I think she's asking too much.

I would also tell her...a relationship is not a sprint...it is a marathon.

let her do the talking...

Let her do 'all' the talking...

Just do what every male in your shoes has done for the past 6-8 million years...when she asks a question, you just rephrase the same exact question back to her...

Her: "So, it's been 3 months now, where do you see our relationship going?"

You: "God, has it been 3 months already, feels like f'n forever...where do you see our relationship going?"

That should give you about another hour before she stops talking and asks you another question...again, just rephrase whatever she asks back to her...

Oh, and while she's talking, pretend you're listening by nodding your head every now and then and be sure to say stuff like 'uh huh' and 'wow, that sounds great'...girls really dig it when they think you are actually listening to them...don't know why :D

Just do what every male in your shoes has done for the past 6-8 million years...when she asks a question, you just rephrase the same exact question back to her...

You: "God, has it been 3 months already, feels like f'n forever...where do you see our relationship going?"

That should give you about another hour before she stops talking and asks you another question...again, just rephrase whatever she asks back to her...

Oh, and while she's talking, pretend you're listening by nodding your head every now and then and be sure to say stuff like 'uh huh' and 'wow, that sounds great'...girls really dig it when they think you are actually listening to them...don't know why

+1

Added, when she asks, "Do you see us in an exclusive relationship?"

You state," Yes, I see an exclusive relationship in the future."

Her, " Do you see us getting married after med. school/residency,etc."

You, " Yes, I can see myself married after med. school, etc."

Point is, You've answered her questions affirming you'd like a exclusive relationship and/or marriage. You just haven't stated with her. Hopefully, that quenches her desire to know if you see a LTR in both your futures.

QUOTE(Squeegiebo @ 6/12/06 3:34pm)

I would also tell her...a relationship is not a sprint...it is a marathon.

+1

Edited by boat_hacked

Your 26 my man- my .02 - 3 months is not that long- BUT- if you are not sure about wanting to have an exclusive relationship with her- than don't end of story. You should know after 3 months if you like em enough to be exclusive.

If not, summer is coming......... nuff said- :D more where that came from.

IF you do want a relationship with her- then yeah, thats what they do - they talk talk talk about rel.

Let her go with - that is all they want is to talk about it- reassure and then she will be all good......

for another 3 months or so.

Oh, and while she's talking, pretend you're listening by nodding your head every now and then and be sure to say stuff like 'uh huh' and 'wow, that sounds great'...girls really dig it when they think you are actually listening to them...don't know why :D

Dang man, that just seems like a lot of work.

Why not just tell her that you really like her, you see yourself settling down one day, and while you're not ready to propose marriage after 3 months, right now she's the only woman in your life, and you're looking forward to getting to know her better and better every day. She's satisfied, you made no commitment, and you spent about 20 seconds dealing with it. Also, she's happy because you're being proactive and acting like you've thought about it too, which is really all she wants. Don't make her drag it out of you - then you have to answer the questions she asks. If you tell her what's up, you get to speak on your terms. This is important.

Edited by proninja

Why not just tell her that you really like her, you see yourself settling down one day, and while you're not ready to propose marriage after 3 months, right now she's the only woman in your life, and you're looking forward to getting to know her better and better every day. She's satisfied, you made no commitment, and you spent about 20 seconds dealing with it. Also, she's happy because you're being proactive and acting like you've thought about it too, which is really all she wants. Don't make her drag it out of you - then you have to answer the questions she asks. If you tell her what's up, you get to speak on your terms. This is important.

Some good info here, but I'm pretty sure she also wants to tell him how she would define the relationship. I think he's gotta do some listening, rather than brush the whole thing aside in 20 seconds.

Some good info here, but I'm pretty sure she also wants to tell him how she would define the relationship. I think he's gotta do some listening, rather than brush the whole thing aside in 20 seconds.

Obviously, and I wasn't suggesting he ignore her. Typically, however, when a woman asks this question she's more concerned with what he's feeling. If he tells her right away how she feels, she'll most likely be a lot more comfortable with the same answer if she had to drag it out of him.

A conversation of:

"So, how would you define us?"

"Oh, I don't know, how would you define us?"

*she tells him*

"How do you feel about that?"

"Oh, I don't know, how do you feel about that?"

"Well, I was kind of hoping you'd tell me."

"Oh, well what do you want me to say so we can have sex now?"

Probably isn't going to make this girl as comfortable as she could be in the relationship.

Listen to what she has to say. Just make sure you know what you're going to say and you're confident in it. Nothing wrong with being honest with the girl, she'll respect you a lot more if you have an opinion and tell her the truth rather than turn it into a game of 20 questions.

Obviously, and I wasn't suggesting he ignore her. Typically, however, when a woman asks this question she's more concerned with what he's feeling. If he tells her right away how she feels, she'll most likely be a lot more comfortable with the same answer if she had to drag it out of him.

A conversation of:

"So, how would you define us?"

"Oh, I don't know, how would you define us?"

*she tells him*

"How do you feel about that?"

"Oh, I don't know, how do you feel about that?"

"Well, I was kind of hoping you'd tell me."

"Oh, well what do you want me to say so we can have sex now?"

Probably isn't going to make this girl as comfortable as she could be in the relationship.

Listen to what she has to say. Just make sure you know what you're going to say and you're confident in it. Nothing wrong with being honest with the girl, she'll respect you a lot more if you have an opinion and tell her the truth rather than turn it into a game of 20 questions.

Oh - I certainly think he should tell her how he sees things, and not just say what he thinks she wants to hear.

This 23-year-old female might also respect him a lot more if he respected the fact that she is a "woman," not a "girl." :D

Edited by Squeegiebo

Oh - I certainly think he should tell her how he sees things, and not just say what he thinks she wants to hear.

This 23-year-old female might also respect him a lot more if he respected the fact that she is a "woman," not a "girl." :D

You find the term "girl" offensive?

It is hardly apt when you are talking about an adult.

If my wife says "you going to hang out with the boys tonight?" would you personally find that improper?

By the way, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm simply trying to understand where you're coming from. I know women who don't like to be referred to as "girls" and I afford them that respect.

Edited by proninja

It's hardly apt if they are adults.

Ok, it may not be apt in the most literal sense, but do you believe that a man can refer to a woman as a "girl" with no derogatory intent? Do you believe most men intend this to be demeaning, or not?

Ok, it may not be apt in the most literal sense, but do you believe that a man can refer to a woman as a "girl" with no derogatory intent? Do you believe most men intend this to be demeaning, or not?

Depends on who is saying it and the context.

And it can be demeaning without the speaker consciously intending it to be demeaning.

Depends on who is saying it and the context.

And it can be demeaning without the speaker consciously intending it to be demeaning.

Do you feel it was demeaning in the way I used it? If so, why?

Feel free to explain your thoughts on this beyond the simple questions I'm asking. :D

Edited by proninja