[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

define the relationship?!?!?!

wcd480

Ok, I know some of you fellows on here have come accross similiar situations, and I wanted to get some different takes on the matter.

I have been exclusively dating this lovely little lass for nearly 3 months now. We hang out quite a bit, I like her, and she likes me. I would be perfectly wonderfully happy if we just left it at that and kept on rolling. However, she wants to talk about the definition of our relationship. I don't even know what the hell that means nor do I really care about putting labels on things. I wouldn't have a problem calling her my girlfriend, in fact I have refered to her as such to friends without giving it a second though. Why do women have to complicate things with talks about pointless crap? why oh why? :angst:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She wants to know you won't be with anyone else...

lie and say you won't and you're good

Thats not a problem, I cheated on a girlfriend once and felt like the scum on the bottom of the scum of the earth even after I told her and she took me back. I never want to have that feeling again.

Edited by wcd480

that’s the problem with girls, they always want that ring. and this my friend(the definition of our relationship) is step one to get that ring.

if you like her alot tell her that your BF and GF. and deal with the next problem, engagement in about 1-5 years from now.

if you just want to have fun, tell her that your BF and GF. and deal with the next problem, engagement in about 1-5 years from now.

Then slip birth control in her food when she's not looking, right?

LOL.

In all seriousness, the 3 month mark is about that time when you either get sick of her or you realize she could be the one. If you still like hanging with her, I'd tell her you're ready to make it "official". You're not getting any younger and will need to live with each other before you pull the trigger on marriage (IMO).

If you're sick of her, tell her you want to keep it how it is. It sounds to me like you dig her though, which is not a bad thing. If she's truly a "keeper", don't feck it up my trying have your cake and eat it too.

Seriously, the she's got marriage on her mind. Maybe not right this minute, but that's what she's thinking about. And she wants to know if you're thinking about it too. See, her itinerary goes something like this.

1. Dating
  2. Exclusively dating
  3. Engaged
  4. Living together
  5. Married

Her timetable to get to the married stage is between 2-3 years after the dating.

So, you just have to ask yourself, is this what you want? Because it is definitely what she wants.

Edited by Kid Cid

that’s the problem with girls, they always want that ring. and this my friend(the definition of our relationship) is step one to get that ring.

if you like her alot tell her that your BF and GF. and deal with the next problem, engagement in about 1-5 years from now.

if you just want to have fun, tell her that your BF and GF. and deal with the next problem, engagement in about 1-5 years from now.

LOL.

In all seriousness, the 3 month mark is about that time when you either get sick of her or you realize she could be the one. If you still like hanging with her, I'd tell her you're ready to make it "official". You're not getting any younger and will need to live with each other before you pull the trigger on marriage (IMO).

If you're sick of her, tell her you want to keep it how it is. It sounds to me like you dig her though, which is not a bad thing. If she's truly a "keeper", don't feck it up my trying have your cake and eat it too.

Well, I'm not going to be busting out a ring anytime soon but so far she has proven to be a keeper and I do dig her.

I'd first ask her at what stage you think y'all are at or what she had in mind. Kind of like asking someone to start the bidding on negotiations, I'd rather know where they'll start than me...

At 23 she's not interested in fooling around. As Tomei put it, her clock is ticking. If you're not interested in anything but a good time then she doesn't want to waste her time waiting on you to warm up to the idea of a more serious relationship.

Tell her you really like her and want to continue dating for a while. Tell her you were hurt badly in your last relationship (it doesn't matter if this is true or not), and want to take things slowly. Tell her that you are not opposed to marriage, but you need some time before you are ready to make such a significant comitment.

Well, I'm not going to be busting out a ring anytime soon but so far she has proven to be a keeper and I do dig her.

I hear you there. I've been dating the same girl for 4.5 years now. I knew almost instantly that she was a keeper, but being divorced once already, I'm in no hurry to seal the deal. Although, she is starting to get rather adamant about us getting married and having kids :D

E2A: I have yet to propose. I'll probably propose by the end of this summer though.

Edited by Brentastic

So just tell her how much you like spending time with her & that you consider it a serious relationship. Right now all you need to give her is the affirmation, but gauranteed she will be looking for a ring in the not-so-distant future. Her next question will be "where are we going with this relationship".

Ok, I know some of you fellows on here have come accross similiar situations, and I wanted to get some different takes on the matter.

I have been exclusively dating this lovely little lass for nearly 3 months now. We hang out quite a bit, I like her, and she likes me. I would be perfectly wonderfully happy if we just left it at that and kept on rolling. However, she wants to talk about the definition of our relationship. I don't even know what the hell that means nor do I really care about putting labels on things. I wouldn't have a problem calling her my girlfriend, in fact I have refered to her as such to friends without giving it a second though. Why do women have to complicate things with talks about pointless crap? why oh why? :angst:

"You know, honey, I'm a guy, and I don't know exactly what kind of definition you want from me, but here's how I feel. I like you - a lot. So much, in fact, that I don't want to see anybody else, and I don't want you to see anybody else. I can't make any promises about the future, but I can tell you right now that I wouldn't be dating you if I knew I couldn't spend a long time with you. It has been a wonderful three months with you, and I'm really looking forward to the next 3."

I'd first ask her at what stage you think y'all are at or what she had in mind. Kind of like asking someone to start the bidding on negotiations, I'd rather know where they'll start than me...

Tell her you really like her and want to continue dating for a while. Tell her you were hurt badly in your last relationship (it doesn't matter if this is true or not), and want to take things slowly. Tell her that you are not opposed to marriage, but you need some time before you are ready to make such a significant comitment.

So just tell her how much you like spending time with her & that you consider it a serious relationship. Right now all you need to give her is the affirmation, but gauranteed she will be looking for a ring in the not-so-distant future. Her next question will be "where are we going with this relationship".

Good advice on all fronts. I am all about taking it slow, which is probably why I have had 3 separate relationships that lasted 2+ years before ending.

I probably should throw this little doozie in the equation as well. I am starting med school in Aug and she is starting her first full time teaching job (after subbing for a full year). Those things do add to the life/relationship altering columns significantly.

I would like to help you out here but I require much much more information before I can formulate a proper response. Please post nude pics of her breasts. I would prefer pics taken while she steps out of the shower as she dries herself off. then if we can get some pics of her sporting around the bedroom topless in only a pair of white cotton panties. Only then can I provide you with the answers you so desperately seek...