[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006?

H8tank

Pittsburgh .500  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, this is becoming ridiculously childish.

It's becoming childish?!? Gee, whose fault it that?

"Yeah, well let's bet $100 on it"; "crickets"; "who's running away now"??

you're right, it is very childish.

Thanks for making the obvious even moreso.

BTW, I have not forgotten our sig line bet...8-8 or less, you change your sig line for 30 days (and .500 is NOT a push, since the bet you proposed was they would finish ABOVE .500).

:D

way tooo funny!

they won't even win their division, and may not even finish 2nd!

I wonder if people would have laughed at me if I predicted them to go 15-1 two years ago. :D Also, I was giving a range, and that was the best case scenario.

I wonder how many people were laughing when I predicted a Super Bowl victory prior to last year. :D

If you think people telling me how bad the Steelers are going to be, and what they aren't going to do bothers me by now, you would be wrong.

As for the sigline bet, did I accept that ? Not saying I didn't, I just don't remember it. Do you have a link ?

BTW, I have not forgotten our sig line bet...8-8 or less, you change your sig line for 30 days (and .500 is NOT a push, since the bet you proposed was they would finish ABOVE .500).

Well, we actually don't have a sigline bet, your memory is foggy. Here is a post where I clearly decline the bet.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&s...dpost&p=1454739

Rosie O'Donnell....all talk, no action, run away :D

Listen, I am what I am. I root hard for the Steelers, I brag about the Steelers, I do some fishing sometimes, but, I have fun with all of it. I absolutely love this place and the people that make the message board what it is. I get defensive when it comes to the Steelers, which sometimes leads to battles. I understand my boasting and homerism annoys some or many, but, it cracks me up when I'm played out as a villian around here, or compared to Ugly Tuna. I never get into personal attacks, like some others on here, and some of the people I get into battles with are my favorites on this place, because they make it fun. I just can't believe I get to some people like it seems I do.

You're playing with the big boys here Menudo, I'm on you like white on rice, stink on sh*t, and I can't think of any others right now. The term hypocrite will now get as much action as Big Ben's plastic surgeon.

Carry on. :D

You're playing with the big boys here Menudo, I'm on you like white on rice, stink on sh*t, and I can't think of any others right now. The term hypocrite will now get as much action as Big Ben's plastic surgeon.

Carry on. :D

Ah, c'mon, you know what I meant by personal attacks: Making fun of someone's wife/mother/father/gf/weight problem/etc. Calling someone a Rosie O'Donnell for not taking a bet doesn't fit into what I call a personal attack. Also, trust me, I know that you are always hanging on my every word. You might even take notes. :D

However, I'll clear it up. I rarely make personal attacks. Is that good enough, you mindless, spineless, gutless piece of garbage ?

Edited by Menudo

Well, it depends, some people are still under the impression that Roethlisberger is a slightly above average QB and product of the system. Those who watch the Steelers realize he is much more than that. My take is that without Ben for the entire season, which really doesn't seem like it is going to be the case, the Steelers are an 8-8 or 9-7 teams, as there is a lot of other talent there, and their defense can keep them in games. With Ben, they are anywhere from 11-5 to 15-1 range.

I hope that no one ever shines a blacklight on that Fathead poster of Big Ben in your "rumpus room."

Edited by Dutch Oven

Well, it depends, some people are still under the impression that Roethlisberger is a slightly above average QB and product of the system. Those who watch the Steelers realize he is much more than that. My take is that without Ben for the entire season, which really doesn't seem like it is going to be the case, the Steelers are an 8-8 or 9-7 teams, as there is a lot of other talent there, and their defense can keep them in games. With Ben, they are anywhere from 11-5 to 15-1 range.

I think this eliminates any doubt that you are a bigger homer than PD.

Edited by NoSupe4You

Hook'd a big one there H8, reel him in already :D

I even called out his fishing expedition on my first post, but, then I took the worm anyway. :D

I think this eliminates any doubt that you are a bigger homer than PD.

Tell me why, seriously. Just so we have it on record, what range do you think the Steelers finish with Ben vs. without Ben. I'm just curious.

Tell me why, seriously. Just so we have it on record, what range do you think the Steelers finish with Ben vs. without Ben. I'm just curious.

I think probably 8-8 or 9-7 without Ben (or Ben back and not 100% physically and/or mentally.) Ben back and 100% I think the bottom of what you said (maybe 10-6 to 12-4.) 15-1 is as far fetched as me saying in August of last year the Seahawks would be 13-3 :D

I think probably 8-8 or 9-7 without Ben (or Ben back and not 100% physically and/or mentally.) Ben back and 100% I think the bottom of what you said (maybe 10-6 to 12-4.) 15-1 is as far fetched as me saying in August of last year the Seahawks would be 13-3 :D

I know it is far fetched, it was just the end of my range 11-5 to 15-1. I was just referring to two years ago when everything went right for them, at least until the playoffs, and they went 15-1. They are just as good as a team now, if not better than they were two years ago, so in a perfect scenario they could go 15-1, that is all I was saying. Your ranges are almost exactly the same as mine, except for the top range in the with Ben scenario....... Despite all that has happened, I'm still going to predict a Super Bowl re-match this year. When is the last time that happened. And remember, it is documented that I have correctly identified 3 of the last 4 Super Bowl teams.

:D ~ ~~~~~~~:D ~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ :D

~~~~~~~~~~ :D ~~~~~~~~ :D

~~~~ :D ~~~~~ (H8 Bait):lock: ~~~~~~~~~

:D ~~~~~~~~~ :D ~~~~~~~ :D ~~~~

~~~~~~~~ :sick: ~~~~~~~~~ :sick: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did the evil spirit that was once UT possess our fine friend Menudo?

:D:lock:

Edited by McBoog

you all keep talking about being homers.. well you have to be a blind hater to say the steelers dont crack .500 with ben at qb this year.. they lost a couple players, yes.. they were each replaced and will fill in just fine. this happens each and every year with the steelers.. they sure did miss burress and kendrell bell last season, huh? they just couldnt get their running game going when duce was out nearly all year, right? there is no honest reason to believe that the steelers will have a bad season unless you just want to make a bold prediction. can they win the super bowl with batch/jacobs.. no. can they crack .500 with batch/jacobs.. probably not. ben is the leader of the offense. ward is the spirit of the offense, but ben leads them. if brady, manning, hasselbeck, green, bulger, mcnabb or any other good qbs go down.. their team isnt doing much that year either.. no team is gifted enough to win a super bowl with a backup qb all year.. i highly doubt we will see another warner or brady emerge.