[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006?

H8tank

Pittsburgh .500  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006?

• Yes
    • No

Because then you will continue to PM me and alternate between calling me names and apologizing.

Dude... YOU SUCK! :D

The very fact that he sent you a PRIVATE message means you keep it PRIVATE . Not just the content nimwad, THE WHOLE FRICKN THING. Even the fact that it has occurred. That is why they call it a PRIVATE message (PM), get it? :D

You idiots that don't understand just how dishonerable this type of crap really is and how it makes The Huddle's message boards just not worth while. It makes me :D

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE HERE! They are faceless cyber-strangers (except for a few exceptions). :D

Like the guy or not, this is the most classless type of crap0la. :D

:D

Edited by McBoog

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I see it...

Sep 7 Miami 8:30pm win

Sep 18 @Jacksonville 8:30pm loss

Sep 24 Cincinnati 1:00pm lwin

Week 4 BYE

Oct 8 @San Diego 8:15pm win

Oct 15 Kansas City 4:15pm loss

Oct 22 @Atlanta 1:00pm win/loss they will lose either to Atlanta or TB, but not both

Oct 29 @Oakland 4:15pm win

Nov 5 Denver 4:15pm loss

Nov 12 New Orleans 1:00pm win

Nov 19 @Cleveland 1:00pm win

Nov 26 @Baltimore 1:00pm loss

Dec 3 Tampa Bay 1:00pm win/loss they will either lose to TB or Atlanata, but not both

Dec 7 Cleveland 8:00pm loss

Dec 17 @Carolina 1:00pm loss

Dec 24 Baltimore 1:00pm loss

Dec 31 @Cincinnati 1:00pm loss

Wow, when I originally voted, I voted they would win more than .500, but now that I look at the schedule, the best I can see them going is 9-7, more than likely 8-8, but wouldn't be suprised to see them go 7-9 either.

Here is my take.

I am not sure if anyone has talked about the repeat factor, but it applys here. I don't think that this "factor" counts so much in the play-offs, if you can make them again, but rather it kicks into gear during the regular season. Teams play a little harder against the reigning SB winner, that is one of the games teams circle. You seem to have opponents "gunnin" :D for you every week, they have "something to prove". Winning the SB makes the following season harder. That is why a repeat is so amazing, just fighting through that and then making the show two years in a row is arguably, a "mini-dynasty".

Now, I don't see that the Steelers have improved. As a matter of fact, they have maybe taken a step back. There are a lot of questions about Ben, the Bus, and other player distractions (Porter). The team sqeezed into the play-offs and then got on a good role once there.

Without the same excellent analysis of the season like perch and others have done, just taking these factors alone and how they performed during the regular season last year, makes me believe that it will be tough to make 8-8. Sure they can do better, or worse, that is why they play the games. But, given everything going on with that team right now, I don't blame Cower considering retiring and going out on a high note!

This is how I see it...

Sep 24 Cincinnati 1:00pm lwin

Week 4 BYE

Oct 22 @Atlanta 1:00pm win/loss they will lose either to Atlanta or TB, but not both

Nov 5 Denver 4:15pm loss

Dec 3 Tampa Bay 1:00pm win/loss they will either lose to TB or Atlanata, but not both

Dec 7 Cleveland 8:00pm loss

Dec 24 Baltimore 1:00pm loss

Wow, when I originally voted, I voted they would win more than .500, but now that I look at the schedule, the best I can see them going is 9-7, more than likely 8-8, but wouldn't be suprised to see them go 7-9 either.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, I would love to hear what you and others think has changed so much that has this team performing so poorly this year. Is it Ben's motorcycle accident, the loss of Randle-El, the loss of Bettis ? Their defense, is completely intact, other than Chris Hope being replaced by Ryan Clark, which should be a wash. On offense, Randle-El, who will be missed with his ability to do a bit of everything, and Bettis, who's leadership and short yardage will be missed.

You have them losing to Cleveland at home, being swept by Baltimore, losing at home to Denver, who they cruised by in Denver in the AFC Championship.............. just curious what has changed that you don't like. It isn't as if they were an aging team last year, they are actually a very young team.

I don't think the Steelers are a favorite to repeat, but, I think they are right up there with the top group.

Personally, I like the fact that people are kind of down on the Steelers. They have always seemed to play better as an underdog than they have as a favorite. Hopefully, I'll be pulling this thread back up next year, when they prove many wrong again. :D

Edited by Menudo

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, I would love to hear what you and others think has changed so much that has this team performing so poorly this year. Is it Ben's motorcycle accident, the loss of Randle-El, the loss of Bettis ? Their defense, is completely intact, other than Chris Hope being replaced by Ryan Clark, which should be a wash. On offense, Randle-El, who will be missed with his ability to do a bit of everything, and Bettis, who's leadership and short yardage will be missed.

You have them losing to Cleveland at home, being swept by Baltimore, losing at home to Denver, who they cruised by in Denver in the AFC Championship.............. just curious what has changed that you don't like. It isn't as if they were an aging team last year, they are actually a very young team.

I don't think the Steelers are a favorite to repeat, but, I think they are right up there with the top group.

Personally, I like the fact that people are kind of down on the Steelers. They have always seemed to play better as an underdog than they have as a favorite. Hopefully, I'll be pulling this thread back up next year, when they prove many wrong again. :D

1st is their division opponents will be better this year. With McNair, BAL is an automatic contender. There went two easy games from last year. This year you will be lucky to get a split, though that is what I'm predicting. 2nd, Cincinati is improved, and should should have won two out of three last year barring the injury to Palmer. Third, you don't have DET, HOU, TEN, MIN, or GB on the schedule this year. Last year you played 3 teams that had top 5 draft picks. This year you only play one in NO, which should be improved with McAllister healthy and a real QB. The schedule is much tougher. And finally, while all the teams in your division improved, PIT may have gotten slightly worse. Like I said, my first reaction was sure, they will win more than .500, but after looking at the schedule, and looking at what the teams on the schedule did to improve compaired to what PIT did to improve over the offseason, I think it is really questionable. I honestly don't see them making it to the playoffs this year.

One other thing to keep in mind. The Steelers have finished under 9-7 a total of 3 times in Cohwer's 14 years as head coach.

And Cohwer and the word retirement have been mentioned quite a bit this offseason. How committed is he going to be, especially with a team that on paper is not as good as last years, and who's schedule is much tougher than last years. Part of the reson Cohwer has only gone under 9-7 three times is because in the past, BAL, and CIN have sucked, they don't anymore.

1st is their division opponents will be better this year. With McNair, BAL is an automatic contender. There went two easy games from last year. This year you will be lucky to get a split, though that is what I'm predicting. 2nd, Cincinati is improved, and should should have won two out of three last year barring the injury to Palmer. Third, you don't have DET, HOU, TEN, MIN, or GB on the schedule this year. Last year you played 3 teams that had top 5 draft picks. This year you only play one in NO, which should be improved with McAllister healthy and a real QB. The schedule is much tougher. And finally, while all the teams in your division improved, PIT may have gotten slightly worse. Like I said, my first reaction was sure, they will win more than .500, but after looking at the schedule, and looking at what the teams on the schedule did to improve compaired to what PIT did to improve over the offseason, I think it is really questionable. I honestly don't see them making it to the playoffs this year.

Fair enough. I obviously disagree with a lot of it, but, differing opinions are what make it fun.

Edited by Menudo

And Cohwer and the word retirement have been mentioned quite a bit this offseason. How committed is he going to be, especially with a team that on paper is not as good as last years, and who's schedule is much tougher than last years. Part of the reson Cohwer has only gone under 9-7 three times is because in the past, BAL, and CIN have sucked, they don't anymore.

That is discrediting what Cowher has done. Baltimore was very strong for several years, they just had a couple of down years. When Cowher first got in Jacksonville was very tough, Cleveland had a few strong years in there, and Cincinatti has finally gotten it together the last two years.

I'm not trying to piss on your parade, just calling it like I see it.

I know. Who knows, you might be right. We will find out soon enough. I still like this team though, and think they are still very strong, but, I'm a homer, so I will always see the positives shine through more than the negatives.

Edited by Menudo

I don't think they will, I see them going 7-9 or maybe 8-8, but they are a shell of their former self, and even the former self was an underdog due to facts on the field.

Confident? Give me 10-1 odds and you're on.

Don't take my offer, then there is doubt in your chickbrain.

Come on man. That is some weak ass shit. You started this train wreck of a thread he called you to the carpet and you asked for 10:1 odds ?

Come on man. That is some weak ass candied yams. You started this train wreck of a thread he called you to the carpet and you asked for 10:1 odds ?

This thread was in no way intended for Manudo, and I am ashamed I even responded to him. I have the same line of thinking as Perch, everyone assumes they will be 9-7 or better, but when you look at the schedule and what has happened in the offseason, I see it being a tough road for the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY.

whimper, instead of again making a thread about the black and yellowbelly homo'r, how about you comment on how you think the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY will do, break down the schedule by game and tell us which ones they will win.

Sep 7 Miami 8:30pm WIN

Sep 18 @Jacksonville 8:30pm WIN

Sep 24 Cincinnati 1:00pm WIN

Week 4 BYE

Oct 8 @San Diego 8:15pm LOSE

Oct 15 Kansas City 4:15pm WIN

Oct 22 @Atlanta 1:00pm WIN

Oct 29 @Oakland 4:15pm WIN

Nov 5 Denver 4:15pm WIN

Nov 12 New Orleans 1:00pm WIN

Nov 19 @Cleveland 1:00pm WIN

Nov 26 @Baltimore 1:00pm LOSE

Dec 3 Tampa Bay 1:00pm WIN

Dec 7 Cleveland 8:00pm WIN

Dec 17 @Carolina 1:00pm LOSE

Dec 24 Baltimore 1:00pm WIN

Dec 31 @Cincinnati 1:00pm LOSE

12-4

This thread was in no way intended for Manudo, and I am ashamed I even responded to him. I have the same line of thinking as Perch, everyone assumes they will be 9-7 or better, but when you look at the schedule and what has happened in the offseason, I see it being a tough road for the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY.

whimper, instead of again making a thread about the black and yellowbelly homo'r, how about you comment on how you think the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY will do, break down the schedule by game and tell us which ones they will win.

Im not saying you started it for his benefit im just saying you were pretty confident post # 1 .I was surprised you looked for odds after reading post 1. But since you asked. although I couldnt care less about The Steelers here is how I see it.

Sep 24 Cincinnati 1:00pm win

Week 4 BYE

Oct 22 @Atlanta 1:00pm win

Nov 5 Denver 4:15pm win

Dec 3 Tampa Bay 1:00pm win

Dec 7 Cleveland 8:00pm win

Dec 24 Baltimore 1:00pm WIN

11-5

edit to add. I just noticed I have a H8 nickname now..Sweet :D

Edited by whomper

Bite me you little biitch

See, you can't even keep your own private life private, ya goombah :D

You just outed yourself with your homo proposition to me! :D

By the way... even if I did lean your way in sexual preference... I don't eat baby food! :D

Go visit your boyfriend :D and then lick the chocolate off yourself :D

How about responding to the rest of my post? See, you still suck! :D

Maybe for a sigline bet or something, but, I'm not going to put $100 up on 10 wins. I will put up $100 for 8 wins, which is what this post started at. It is the NFL and a lot of things can happen. I think the Steelers will win more than 10 games, but, things can go wrong and a season can go south quickly, and I'm not confident enough to put $100 on that.

I honestly think that they will have a down year for the reasons stated by perch (btw good analysis PooW) ... but it is silly for me to bet on this until I see the odds coming from Vegas.... if I am going to put a cnote down - I want to do it where my chances of winning will be best.

That is discrediting what Cowher has done. Baltimore was very strong for several years, they just had a couple of down years. When Cowher first got in Jacksonville was very tough, Cleveland had a few strong years in there, and Cincinatti has finally gotten it together the last two years.

What Baltimore are you looking at. The only reason that they were 'good' is because they played Cincy and the Browns twice a year. I think that it is more accurate to state that they were the third worst in the division rather than the second best in those 'good' years. Even in their Superbowl year, they did not score an offensive TD until like week 7. This division has been a train wreck for years. That might not be the case now but stating the facts is not a knock on Cowher.

This division has been a train wreck for years. That might not be the case now but stating the facts is not a knock on Cowher.

The division being poor for years is your OPINION, which is not a FACT.

Edited by Menudo

Cleveland

Bengals

Ravens

Yeah 2 years ago that was a strong division. :D

Pay attention. He said the division has been weak throughout Cowher's 14 YEARS.

Decided to run some numbers to see which division have come out the strongest during Cowher's 14 years. I simply added up the wins, since playing against each other in the division will come out even, this is as good a way to judge division as any, though it ins't perfect. Here is what I found.

In the last 4 years, which there are 8 Divisions, each with 4 teams, here are the results:

AFC West:	 137 WinsAFC East:	 136 WinsNFC South:	132 WinsNFC East:	 132 WinsAFC South:	130 WinsAFC North:	127 WinsNFC West:	 115 WinsNFC North:	114 Wins

In the 10 years prior to that, during the first 3, there were 6 divisions, 4 of which had 5 teams, while two division had only 4 teams, for those 3 years, I averaged out the wins to even them out. In the other 7 years, there were 6 division, each having 5 teams. Here were the results:

NFC Central:	   324.6   WinsAFC Central:	   323	 WinsAFC East:		  313.2   WinsAFC West:		  312.8   WinsNFC West:		  288	 WinsNFC East:		  286.8   Wins

Conclusion: Over the Last 4 years, the AFC North has been the worst in the AFC and the 6th worst overall, BUT, in the 10 years prior to that, the AFC Central was the BEST division in the AFC, and 2nd BEST overall. So, I can't say that Cowher has coached in the best divisions in his career, but, also, it certainly hasn't been traditionally weak.

Edited by Menudo

You know what is amazing. I ran this poll at a competing message board of football fans, and the results came out very different. :D

Here, last check was 53 people feel that they will go over .500 and 43 feel that they will fall under .500.

There, last check was 24 people feel that they will go over .500 and 3 feel that they will fall under .500

I simply can't put my finger on why two sites, with the same kinds of people and fans would come up with such different resposnes................ :D