[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006?

H8tank

Pittsburgh .500  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Will Pittsburgh break .500 in 2006?

• Yes
    • No

You know what is amazing. I ran this poll at a competing message board of football fans, and the results came out very different. :D

Here, last check was 53 people feel that they will go over .500 and 43 feel that they will fall under .500.

There, last check was 24 people feel that they will go over .500 and 3 feel that they will fall under .500

I simply can't put my finger on why two sites, with the same kinds of people and fans would come up with such different resposnes................ :D

Of the two sites, which one are you the most vocal at and started an insane amount of Steeler threads?

Figure that out and you'll have your answer :D

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the two sites, which one are you the most vocal at and started an insane amount of Steeler threads?

Figure that out and you'll have your answer :D

Or have anybody else start the same exact poll here... and you'll see a big difference.

:D:D

It's up to 43-6 that they will finish over .500 on the 'other' site. :D

Edited by Menudo

:D:D

It's up to 43-6 that they will finish over .500 on the 'other' site. :D

:D No, I just don't get it...... :D:D

I really don't think what you get on the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY message board can be considered accurate. Of course if you feel the information you get at the other message board is as good as what you get here, then why are you here?

Comparing the Win-Loss records of the different divisions, doesn't take into considerationt that most of the AFC sucked between 95 and 2000, similar to the way most of the NFC has sucked since 2000. While a certain division might do real well, it does not take into account that the rest of the confernce really sucked. There is no denying that until last year the Bengals sucked, and that the Browns have always sucked. The Ravens have always had an above average defense, but haven't been able to score on anyone. Your logic here is flawed. Just becaus a bad division beats up on a worse division doesn't mean that they are good division.

Comparing the Win-Loss records of the different divisions, doesn't take into considerationt that most of the AFC sucked between 95 and 2000, similar to the way most of the NFC has sucked since 2000. While a certain division might do real well, it does not take into account that the rest of the confernce really sucked. There is no denying that until last year the Bengals sucked, and that the Browns have always sucked. The Ravens have always had an above average defense, but haven't been able to score on anyone. Your logic here is flawed. Just becaus a bad division beats up on a worse division doesn't mean that they are good division.

:D So my statistical FACTS just can't stand up to your opinion of who sucked and who doesn't. If the division is terrible, it will show in the statistics. Every division is obviously .500 amongst themselves, so their record will show over time, which divisions performed to what level. The AFC plays an NFC division every year, so if the AFC was so weak, that would reflect in the stats as well. You gave an opinion, which I came back against with facts, and you still keep going.......

Edited by Menudo

I really don't think what you get on the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY message board can be considered accurate. Of course if you feel the information you get at the other message board is as good as what you get here, then why are you here?

::D

:D So my statistical FACTS just can't stand up to your opinion of who sucked and who doesn't. If the division is terrible, it will show in the statistics. Every division is obviously .500 amongst themselves, so their record will show over time, which divisions performed to what level. The AFC plays an NFC division every year, so if the AFC was so weak, that would reflect in the stats as well. You gave an opinion, which I came back against with facts, and you still keep going.......

Stats don't tell the whole story. That's one of the reasons why good fantasy teams don't always make good football teams.

Miami, through the Wanny era, rarely had a season where the won less than 10 games - (one that I can recall - but likely another in there). They were NOT a good team - stats or no stats.

Stats don't tell the whole story. That's one of the reasons why good fantasy teams don't always make good football teams.

Miami, through the Wanny era, rarely had a season where the won less than 10 games - (one that I can recall - but likely another in there). They were NOT a good team - stats or no stats.

Obviously, stats don't tell the whole story, but, over a long period of time, they don't lie either.

Update: Final results from the other Fantasy Football site (at least it is moving down the board, so close to final). 124-24 Steelers finish over .500 This was quite an experiment, and it has led me to believe that there is some sort of bias against the Steelers at this site. Now, I need to have an experiment to try to determine where such a bias would come from. :D

Edited by Menudo

“There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics."

~Mark Twain

"Statistics are like women; mirrors of purest virtue and truth, or like whores to use as one pleases."

~Theodor Billroth

"A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions."

~M.J. Moroney

Edited by Menudo

"Satistics and their gathering are a mathematical constant. The interpretation and application of what they say is not."

~McBoog~

:D

Edited by McBoog

"Satistics and their gathering are a mathematical constant. The interpretation and application of what they say is not."

~McBoog~

What are satistics ? :D

QUOTE(Menudo @ 6/22/06 7:26am)

What are satistics ?

I think he means you spelled it wrong, genius. :D

:D:D:D:D:D

I just woke up and am not earing my "readers"!

:D:D:D:D:D

I just woke up and am not earing my "readers"!

:D:D "earing"

Wearing

I'm having a bad morning, so I am... :D

Gotta love the Grammar Nazi's on a Fantasy Football Board. :D

I'm far from a Grammar Nazi, just thought it was funny in a quote in which he bowed afterwards.

and it has led me to believe that there is some sort of bias against the Steelers at this site.

Valid and sounds reasons have been given as to why the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY will not perform well this year.

You choose to ignore them. Why is the disparity so large at the 'other' site? If you are a member there, and they don't think you're a momo, then sounds like you have a home of like minded (mind term used very loosely) people and should stay there.

I know thehuddle's collective intelligence would take a boost should you choose to hang with your buds over there.

Valid and sounds reasons have been given as to why the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY will not perform well this year.

You choose to ignore them. Why is the disparity so large at the 'other' site? If you are a member there, and they don't think you're a momo, then sounds like you have a home of like minded (mind term used very loosely) people and should stay there.

I know thehuddle's collective intelligence would take a boost should you choose to hang with your buds over there.

Boy, like ouch, or something. ::D

Edited by Menudo

My gut feeling is that Pittsburgh is in for an uneven season... maybe 7-9 or 8-8. Lots of questions surround this team - sort of odd for a defending SB champion.

They could overcome the odds and do very well, but there are some questions on offense - RB and WR which are hard to speculate on going in.

This is a streaky team - and if they start off cold, the Bengals will probably win the division.