[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Phat1

This is the best movie I've seen in a year. :D:D

A couple of great belly laugh - knee slappers in this one.

Too bad Downey got into the coke so much, he's very watchable. Kilmer was excellent as well.

And there are b :D:D bs.

"I've done a little acting. AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIGH!" LMAO!

"Better flicks of the year" - man, try the DECADE.

Definitely balances the hard noir action with GREAT dialogue.

And Michelle Monaghan is my new object of unrequited lust.

waiting for brick to come out on dvd.

It will be worth the wait - if you liked KK, BB, you'll like Brick.

Both excellent modern films in the noir sensibility.

Now that I'm thinking of it, check out The Ice Harvest with John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton - not as universally loved as Brick and Kiss Kiss... but I liked it.

• 1 month later...

Now that I'm thinking of it, check out The Ice Harvest with John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton - not as universally loved as Brick and Kiss Kiss... but I liked it.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is what the Ice Harvest wanted to be, but it had no heart.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is what the Ice Harvest wanted to be, but it had no heart.

I had high hopes for the Ice Harvest because I'm a big fan of Billy Bob and Cusack, but it lacked something to make it compelling. Heart might be that thing.

I had high hopes for the Ice Harvest because I'm a big fan of Billy Bob and Cusack, but it lacked something to make it compelling. Heart might be that thing.

I just hated everyone, which is certainly not surprising in a noir piece, but there also had to be parts of the character you liked, especially Cusack. He was a complete POS and I never rooted for him. While Downey was a similar crap bag, I did want him to succeed, get the girl, and be best friends with Kilmer. The Ice Harvest was too distant.

Edited by Fatman

It will be worth the wait - if you liked KK, BB, you'll like Brick.

Both excellent modern films in the noir sensibility.

It finally came out in one of the theatres here about a month ago. Not sure why it took so long to get here, but I thought it was great.

I just hated everyone, which is certainly not surprising in a noir piece, but there also had to be parts of the character you liked, especially Cusack. He was a complete POS and I never rooted for him. While Downey was a similar crap bag, I did want him to succeed, get the girl, and be best friends with Kilmer. The Ice Harvest was too distant.

They did a good job of establishing some empathy and root-ability for Downey early on, with the accidental death of his partner and his failed attempt to defend Michelle Monaghan's honor.

Cusack had no such moment in IH.