[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spain Playing on Poker Stars Right Now!

spain

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Darin i'll give ya a 9 on the play by play, not bad, but I Like Soup got a 10 for his UFC effort....popped for the PPV plus he speaks excellent ring girl :D ......thanks big D , that surgery is comin in handy :D

:D Thanks!

I was actually wrapping up at work when I saw that espana was about 2/3 of the way through his big tourney. I had just finished two killer projects and had some time to kill.

I am close to being short-stacked in this 45-person tourney. 16 players left, top 7 pays. I need one big hand to get back in it. Fortunately there are still a few fish at the table I can target to double up on.

I play the 27, 45, and 18 person tourneys quite a bit. I dont play the one like I did today very often because it simply takes too long. But my daughter was home sick and I had to come home to stay with her this afternoon and had a few hours to kill. I will say this, it is grueling to work your way through a 180 person field. I cant imagine being at the World Series of Poker and have to get through 6k people over a week. That would be murder!

I play the 27, 45, and 18 person tourneys quite a bit. I dont play the one like I did today very often because it simply takes too long. But my daughter was home sick and I had to come home to stay with her this afternoon and had a few hours to kill. I will say this, it is grueling to work your way through a 180 person field. I cant imagine being at the World Series of Poker and have to get through 6k people over a week. That would be murder!

I play a ton of 27-person tournies. I'll occasionally do the 45-person. But at this buy-in, you still get a bunch of morans, unfortunately.

I started out well, and ran into a hugh cold streak.

There at the end, I had to pick a hand. Probably should have gone all-in pre-flop but I was on BB.

I'm done. May play a cash game later or get in on another tourney w/ BC. He's playing in a tourney on FullTilt and is supposedly doing alright.

Like any tournament Spain hit good fortune at exactly the right times to win the $$. I only watched the last hour-and-a-half and his mixing up tight play with fortuitous calls made for a roller coaster ride of trying to anticipate what his cards were. I suppose his call of the short stack all-in with 4 or 5 players left was brash, (Spain had K5 offsuit and the short stack went all in with pp 3's, Spain catches the 5 on the river), and the usual suck outs against near impossible odds, (Spain's A5 beating AQ TWICE), made for an enjoyable evening of rooting for the fellow Huddler.

My experience in tournaments (I've only been playing for a little over two years so it's not that much) is that to win against a larger field you need about three hands that DO just suck out to have any chance to make the final table and win the pot.

All-in-all, well done and thanks for the entertainment. My next question is, does the missus know about this sudden windfall, lol?

Good job, Spain. Congrats. :D

Like any tournament Spain hit good fortune at exactly the right times to win the $$. I only watched the last hour-and-a-half and his mixing up tight play with fortuitous calls made for a roller coaster ride of trying to anticipate what his cards were. I suppose his call of the short stack all-in with 4 or 5 players left was brash, (Spain had K5 offsuit and the short stack went all in with pp 3's, Spain catches the 5 on the river), and the usual suck outs against near impossible odds, (Spain's A5 beating AQ TWICE), made for an enjoyable evening of rooting for the fellow Huddler.

My experience in tournaments (I've only been playing for a little over two years so it's not that much) is that to win against a larger field you need about three hands that DO just suck out to have any chance to make the final table and win the pot.

All-in-all, well done and thanks for the entertainment. My next question is, does the missus know about this sudden windfall, lol?

Good job, Spain. Congrats. :D

Thanks Holy Roller. Obviously, I wouldnt normally call an all in bet with K 5 offsuit. But a couple factors influenced my decision. There were only 5 players left at the final table and this guy was the short stack. He was desperate and scrambling. Plus, it was only an additional $2200 in chips to win ~$8k. I didnt like my hand, but I liked the pot odds and thought I would take a shot at knocking out a player and moving us all up in the money 1 spot. Once the cards were flipped, it was basically a coin flip with my 2 overcards vs his under pair. That was the best scenario I could hope for in that spot. I will take 4-1 pot odds to get into a 50-50 with the short stack any day of the week. Luckily I caught that 5 on the river and he was gone.

A couple of hands before any of you guys started watching that help me build a chips stack. Within the first 10 hands of the tourney, I am UTG with QQ. I raise to 4XBB. Next guy calls. Next guy folds. Next guy goes all in. everyone else folds. I go all in. He flips over Fish hooks and doesnt suck out. Doubles me up early. Another hand I had an overpair to the board in my hand, some dude hits top pair and goes all in. I call and take another huge pot.

At the final table I could have been busted out a few times. Most notably is when I woke up with Big Chick suited. The weakest and loosest player at the table was on the button and I am BB. He raises 3XBB. SB folds and I simply call. I seriously thought about coming over the top all in there but didnt. At the least I normally raise in that spot against a donk like him. But I call his 3XBB hoping to trap him later. Flop comes K 10 7 with 2 clubs. I bet out about 1/3 of the pot. He comes over top for all in. I lay it down right there and he shows that he has Pocket Rockets for the second time in 3 hands. :D That could have been disaster for me and I am thankful that he made such an overbet. He could have trapped me there, but he was afraid of me drawing out and wanted to take the pot down right there. The moral of that story is sometimes its how much you dont lose rather than I much you win in a pot.