[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USA vs. Italy

darin3

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the stat they flashed that no team in World Cup history has ever scored a goal with 9 players. That is not a promising stat.

I honestly doubt there have been many situations where any team has had to play with nine.

the US played with a hell of a lot of heart tonight

now we have to hope these stinking Italians beat the Czechs and that we beat Ghana

although I was rooting for the USA today thats very mean. If you were here id make you some pasta with Garlic and oil.

although I was rooting for the USA today thats very mean. If you were here id make you some pasta with Garlic and oil.

I was just following spain's earlier comments

no offense

In fact, I had a nice drive through Italy just three days ago.

I was just following spain's earlier comments

no offense

In fact, I had a nice drive through Italy just three days ago.

none taken.Im just bustin

To advance the US needs Italy to beat the Czech Republic and we have to beat Ghana. Not impossible by any means. :D Of course even if that happens we'll probably be paired with Brazil in the next round.

As for this game 1) the ref was absolutely terribe and 2) WHY did Arena not put in Eddie Johnson for McBride? One guy is totally exhausted, the other is fresh and did a great job off the bench last time. No brainer there.

To advance the US needs Italy to beat the Czech Republic and we have to beat Ghana. Not impossible by any means. :D Of course even if that happens we'll probably be paired with Brazil in the next round.

As for this game 1) the ref was absolutely terribe and 2) WHY did Arena not put in Eddie Johnson for McBride? One guy is totally exhausted, the other is fresh and did a great job off the bench last time. No brainer there.

Not impossible, but VERY improbable.

Ref was terrible, and there may be some investigation into his act.

And yes Johnson should have replaced McBride halfway through the 2nd half. Dumb non-move by Arena.

Edited by darin3

a) I think if the Czechs and Italy tie AND the US beats Ghana by 4+ goals that the US will still advance. (in other words, we do need for Italy to beat the Czechs.)

1) Swiss tv showed a brief interview with Keller and he commented that some of the referee's decisions were "interesting".

2) great question

True, we can still advance if Italy and Czech tie, but like you said we would have to beat Ghana by four or five goals. It can always happen... :D

Anybody know what the tiebreaker is after goal differential?

Edited by Thrash-494

A matchup Vs Brazil, we would get DESTROYED.

A matchup Vs Brazil, we would get DESTROYED.

gooooooooo aussies! you never know, brazil's due for an off day.

i'm not one for moral victories, but if the u.s. can advance out of this group, it will be a huge statement, even if we do have to play brazil. it really sucks, though, that this came down to horrible calls.

we were watching it at a packed bar, and none of us could figure out why arena would have one substitution left and NOT use it, especially when he's got a team completely worn out from playing a man down for half the game. it's amazing the u.s. got out of that game with the tie.

I turned on the replay at 6:00PM EST and couldn't believe my eyes. I thought I was watching a diving competition or even an acting competition with all the writhing in pain the Italians did. I'm almost ashamed

to be half Italian after watching those wussbags. The American gets knocked in the head and blood is

gushing out but he gets back in the game. He doesn't rollaround on the ground for 10 minutes. And that ref.... Conspiracy for sure. What an ahole. I had to turn the TV off after that second red card to team USA.

It was rather obvious tha the ref was paid off. They should see which Italian player invites him over for lasagna. Hopefully they get the same ref against the Czechs. But the US still has to score to win. :D

:D

I know we all have our hopes up but come on now, we are going to get CRUSHED by Ghana.

If you had watched the first games of this group you would have said we were going to get crushed by Italy and the Czechs would walk all over Ghana.