[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss Vs. Owens

Picking early in the 2nd round (1st actually), in a 12 team league. Projections only have a 10yd difference between the two. Right now I am leaning towards Owens, simply because of the chip on his shoulder.

Can you sway me the other way?????

I watched Moss put forth a lot of half-assed efforts in Minnesota. When he was traded to Oakland everyone thought he would really buckle down and work a lot harder. He didn't (even when he was 100% healthy). That's just who he is.

Owens will go all out and work for it, where Moss just relies on his natural talents to try to beat people. Give me Owens everytime.

If it's a redraft, Owens is the no-brainer. Parcells won't like him but he knows how to use his tools, and we all know how big a tool Owens is.

That said, if it's keeper, you go Chad Johnson and laug all the way to the bank when Owens' one year "I'm a nice guy schtick" gets left at home for the 2007 season.

I got them both in 2 diff leagues. I see them putting up about the same numbers assuming they both stay healthy.

Moss needs to show Oakland he was worth their money, and TO, well, is TO - Good when playing, but always a jacka$$.

My redraft I have TO. Dynasty I got Moss.

TO is 32 years old. Not sure how old Moss is, but TO will eventually start to slow down regardless of how his abs look.

I watched Moss put forth a lot of half-assed efforts in Minnesota. When he was traded to Oakland everyone thought he would really buckle down and work a lot harder. He didn't (even when he was 100% healthy). That's just who he is.

Owens will go all out and work for it, where Moss just relies on his natural talents to try to beat people. Give me Owens everytime.

Disgruntled Vikings fan. Randy had exactly what, 2 games in Oakland before he got hurt? And he had what 250 yards and 2TDs in those 2 games?

And Moss just turned 29. He's got 3 years on TO.

Remember, TO doesn't have his mobile QB to buy him extra time anymore. I hope he likes running slants....

Both of them will have a great start to the season , but I believe that TO, without suspensions, will out perform Moss over the entire season. They are both a couple of mental midgets that can't get enough of themselves, so trying to pick which one screws up his season first is a crap shoot. I think Owens will be a moderatly good boy this year so he can demand more money for next year.

Owens for now... although it'll be interesting to see if Brooks can get Moss the ball more than Collins did..

Easy, Brooks can move around and keep the play alive. Collins could not. Which was his down fall. Not his arm.

Owens. Bledsoe will get the ball into TO's hands alot more then Brooks will get the ball to moss.

You don't have to put the ball in Moss's hands, just chuck it dog.

Throw it as far as you can. He'll go get it. That's all he really does, but he does it better than anyone.

Owens. Bledsoe will get the ball into TO's hands alot more then Brooks will get the ball to moss.

Hypothetically speaking, if Bledsoe threw exactly as many balls to Owens as Brooks threw to Moss, I think you'd be right.

Bledsoe's accuracy last year (60.1%) was better than Brooks (55.7%) or Collins (53.5%). Moreover, Bledsoe's lifetime accuracy (57.3%) is also better than either Brooks (56.4%) or Collins (55/6%). In addition, Owens' reception ratio last year (51.1%) was slightly better than Moss' (48.4%).

The differentials aren't huge, but they certainly favor the Bledsoe/Owens conneciton.

Hypothetically speaking, if Bledsoe threw exactly as many balls to Owens as Brooks threw to Moss, I think you'd be right.

Bledsoe's accuracy last year (60.1%) was better than Brooks (55.7%) or Collins (53.5%). Moreover, Bledsoe's lifetime accuracy (57.3%) is also better than either Brooks (56.4%) or Collins (55/6%). In addition, Owens' reception ratio last year (51.1%) was slightly better than Moss' (48.4%).

The differentials aren't huge, but they certainly favor the Bledsoe/Owens conneciton.

I'd be willing to bet TO doesn't see nearly the passes Moss does...

I'd be willing to bet TO doesn't see nearly the passes Moss does...

Perhaps. I have no real feel on that, one way or another. Oh wait, of course I do...

On a team-only basis Oakland appears to be the more favorable place to be, as the Raiders' passing game had more passes per game, more total passing yards, and more total completed passes - relative to Dallas - in 2005. The only category Dallas comes up better in is it had slightly more passing TDs last year (23) than Oakland (21). ADVANTAGE: OAKLAND

However, on a palyer-only basis Owens has has a slightly better reception ratio than Moss. Interestingly (and this is what you need to take away from the post, if nothing else) Moss only missed one entire game last year and was targeted 124 times last year, accounting for 20.94% of the teams pass targets. Keyshawn Johnson - whom Owens is replacing in Dallas - saw a nearly identical 123 pass targets in Dallas last year, which qualified for a much higher 24.65% of the Cowboy's pass targets.

I know, I know: Collins is gone, Brooks is in. Some people are under the impression that Brooks only ever targeted Joe Horn, and that now Brooks will "zero in" on Moss. I'm not sure where people are getting that from, as Stallworth was actually the more favored Saint's pass target last year (128 passes) and Horn wasn't really all that far behind (103 passes). So Brooks didn't really show really all that much more favoratism to one WR (and what favoratism there was, was not shown towards Horn).

Bottom line:

- Oakland will probably throw the ball more, but Dallas will probably throw the ball better;

- Even if Owens takes only takes over the exact same load that Keyshaw had last year (and I think he'll probably end up with more than that, but I digress...), that will still probably be about the same as the load Moss will carry for the Raiders this year; and

- they both carry serious risk of missing time, either for off-field issues or recurring injury problems.

Honestly, I think it's a pretty close call between the two and no clear favorite currently exists. I just give the nod to Owens because - regardless of the fact that he's a jackass - he come's to play every game. He wants - ney, demands - the ball. He plays through pain. And he seems hungrier to win.

Edited by yo mama

I know, I know: Collins is gone, Brooks is in. Some people are under the impression that Brooks only ever targeted Joe Horn, and that now Brooks will "zero in" on Moss. I'm not sure where people are getting that from, as Stallworth was actually the more favored Saint's pass target last year (128 passes) and Horn wasn't really all that far behind (103 passes). So Brooks didn't really show really all that much more favoratism to one WR (and what favoratism there was, was not shown towards Horn).

Horn was injured much of the year and missed a lot of playing time....

Also, you have to believe that Oak will spend much of the season playing from behind (chucking to catch up), while Dallas will be in close games most of the year (running the ball)...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

This might sum it up. In 2002, 2003, and 2005, Mcnabb threw 17, 16, and 16 tds respectively. The missing year 2004 was when he got with TO who only caught 14 tds (in 14 games) to bring Mcnabbs 04 total to 31! Also went to the big dance where they lost largely due to Owens injury. But without an injured TO they wouldn't even have been in the game. Moss wouldn't even have suited up with that injury. No T.O 16 or 17tds add TO and get almost double. This also worked for Jeff Garcia and will work for Bledsoe who had 23 tds without TO last year.

Moss is soft and seldom goes across the middle. Bledsoe is way better than Brooks. 2+2=4

T.O in 2006

Edited by Asskickas