[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Katrina re-visited?

Randall

Ever think all those doctors working abroad might be doing more good for the image of this country than all the raving idiots like Bolton, Cheney and their ilk could do in a lifetime?

Now, if we could just drop off all the Republican vermin in southern Lebanon, I'd be happy to leave them there. Or, better yet, charge some exorbitant fee to get them out, cash on the nail, get 'em up in the helicopters then boot 'em out over the Mediterranean.

These are radical Hezbollah Muslims we are talking about. We could give each a million dollars, food and clothing for life and they'd still cut the average American throat if given the chance. These terrorists hate the Jew as much as the American. It just so happens they don't have rockets that can splash down in the Rose Bowl in the next hour. Image. :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A common trait among righties is complete and total selfishness merged with a 20/20 hindsight.

If you're living and working in Beirut up to the start of this month, why would you expect an Israeli invasion? Anyone going there now is an idiot, but we have enough reach to offer rescue to our people who were trapped there, so why wouldn't we?

Bull$hit. I'm a leftist who cannot think of a single legit reason to be in Lebanon outside of being an EMbassy employee. Ever.

When did Hezbollah win that election? How many weeks ago were the Israeli troops kidnapped?

These are radical Republicans we are talking about. We could give each a million dollars, food and clothing for life and they'd still cut their grandmother's throat for the inheritance if given the chance. These wankers hate any kind of non-conformity.

Fixed

Bull$hit. I'm a leftist who cannot think of a single legit reason to be in Lebanon outside of being an EMbassy employee. Ever.

When did Hezbollah win that election? How many weeks ago were the Israeli troops kidnapped?

Hezbollah haven't won any elections. They have 14 seats of 128 total in Lebanon. Are you confusing them with Hamas in Palestine?

Hezbollah haven't won any elections. They have 14 seats of 128 total in Lebanon. Are you confusing them with Hamas in Palestine?

They get appointed to those 14 seats?

Give me a single legit reason for a non-embassy employee to be in Lebanon.

They get appointed to those 14 seats?

No, they gained 14 seats out of 128 in an election in 2005

Scroll down three-quarters of the way

Give me a single legit reason for a non-embassy employee to be in Lebanon.

Maybe they were working towards this Made In America exhibition invited to be there by our very own US Ambassador to Lebanon?

Here's my personal list of places not visit if you're an American in case the crap hits the fan in the near future:

Afghanistan

Albania

Algeria

Andorra

Angola Antigua & Barbuda

Argentina

Armenia Australia

Austria

Azerbaijan

B Bahamas

Bahrain

Bangladesh

Barbados

Belarus

Belgium Belize

Benin

Bhutan

Bolivia

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Botswana Brazil

Brunei Darussalam

Bulgaria

Burkina Faso

Burma (Myanmar)

Burundi

C Cambodia

Cameroon

Canada

Cape Verde

Central African Republic

Chad Chile

China

Colombia

Comoros

Congo

Congo, Democratic Republic of the Costa Rica

Côte d'Ivoire

Croatia

Cuba

Cyprus

Czech Republic

D Denmark

Detroit

Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic

E Ecuador

East Timor

Egypt El Salvador

England

Equatorial Guinea Eritrea

Estonia

Ethiopia

F Fiji Finland France

G Gabon

Gambia, The

Georgia

Germany Ghana

Great Britain

Greece

Grenada Guatemala

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Guyana

H Haiti Honduras Hungary

I Iceland

India

Indonesia Iran

Iraq

Ireland Israel

Italy

J Jamaica Japan Jordan

K Kazakhstan

Kenya

Kiribati Korea, North

Korea, South Kuwait

Kyrgyzstan

L Laos

Latvia

Lebanon Lesotho

Liberia

Libya

Liechtenstein

Lithuania

Luxembourg

M Macedonia

Madagascar

Malawi

Malaysia

Maldives

Mali

Malta Marshall Islands

Mauritania

Mauritius

Mexico

Micronesia

Moldova

Monaco

Mongolia

Montenegro

Morocco

Mozambique

Myanmar

N Namibia

Nauru

Nepal The Netherlands

New Zealand

Nicaragua Niger

Nigeria

Norway

O Oman

P Pakistan

Palau

Palestinian State*

Panama

Papua New Guinea

Paraguay

Peru The Philippines

Poland

Portugal

Q Qatar

R Romania Russia Rwanda

S St. Kitts & Nevis

St. Lucia

St. Vincent & The Grenadines

Samoa

San Marino

São Tomé & Príncipe

Saudi Arabia

Senegal

Serbia Seychelles

Sierra Leone

Singapore

Slovakia

Slovenia

Solomon Islands

Somalia

South Africa Spain

Sri Lanka

Sudan

Suriname

Swaziland

Sweden

Switzerland

Syria

T Taiwan

Tajikistan

Tanzania

Thailand Togo

Tonga

Trinidad & Tobago

Tunisia Turkey

Turkmenistan

Tuvalu

U Uganda

Ukraine

United Arab Emirates United Kingdom

Uruguay

Uzbekistan

V Vanuatu

Vatican City (Holy See) Venezuela Vietnam

W Western Sahara*

Y Yemen Yugoslavia

Z Zaire Zambia Zimbabwe

No, they gained 14 seats out of 128 in an election in 2005

Scroll down three-quarters of the way

Maybe they were working towards this Made In America exhibition invited to be there by our very own US Ambassador to Lebanon?

Interestingly, I did read that.

In 1992, it participated in Lebanese elections for the first time, winning 12 out of 128 seats in parliament. It won 10 seats in 1996, and 8 in 2000. In the general election of 2005, it won 23 seats nationwide, and an Amal-Hezbollah alliance won all 23 seats in Southern Lebanon.

If somebody wants to go to those kind of places, that's their choice. It is not the responsibility of the federal government to bail yer a$$ out once you get there and things go bad. I don't see bailing someone out of Lebanon and doing right by New Orleans as anywhere near a legitimate comparison.

But here's my beef. You've got no business eveing being in Lebanon if you are so oblivious to your surroundings to have thought that there would be no paybak from Israel for the kidnappings alomst a month ago. If you are so oblivious to that to have waited almost a month before paying attention enough to decide to bail and then be all indignant and $hit and because the government is not able to do for you and 8,000 -25,000 other morans in a week what you were unable to do for yoursleves over the course of almost 3 weeks, well sorry dumbasses:

Morans that are in biitching

said he was extremely disappointed with the U.S. Embassy's response.

"Every time I call to see what's going on the lines are busy. When they answer, they say they don't know," the 19-year-old fashion design student said. "A lot of people don't know what is going on. There is so much confusion. If it's security they are worried about, then I think we will be more secure if we know what is going on."

Like there's no beaches and fashion schools down in Corpus. :D

We've got a little cash saved up for a real family vacation next summer. I want to rent an RV and see the Grand Canyon with the wife and daughter. Another option would be for me to take my wife to Egypt (something on her before she dies list), leave the baby with my parents and do the Grand Canyon on the cheap in 2008. She can divorce my a$$, we aren't going to Egypt.

And if the Klan is elected to 17.96875% of the seats in the Arizona State Assembly and they control all the elected offices in whatever county the Grand Canyon is in, let me know we'll see if Glacier National Park is a little more safe.

I think inherent to travel to foreign lands is the risk that something might go wrong and that you'll have to fend for yourself. I think that's different than having your hometown trashed by a natural disaster.

That's my take anyways.

FOK THEM, let'm burn.

Most of them are Shi'ite Muslims, many of whom hold dual U.S. and Lebanese citizenship. Many are anchor babies born here to Muslims in the U.S. illegally. Some are illegal aliens who became citizens through rubber-stamping Citizenship and Immigration Services (and its INS predecessor) coupled with political pressure by spineless politicians.

Of the 25,000 American citizens and green-card holders in Lebanon, at least 7,000 are from Dearborn, Michigan, the heart of Islamic America, and especially Shia Islam America. These 7,000 are mostly Shi'ite Muslims who openly and strongly support Hezbollah. Ditto for many of the rest of the 25,000 that are there.

Bint Jbeil natives now living in our country so strongly support Hezbollah that they got Republican Congressman Joe Knollenberg (and his then top staffer, Paul Welday) and then-U.S. Senator Spencer Abraham to give Hezbollah forces in Southern Lebanon about $86 million of our tax money, no strings.

Given this information, and the fact--as I've detailed numerous times on this site--that several Shi'ite Muslim Lebanese U.S. citizens from Dearborn have been indicted and/or convicted of laundering money to Hezbollah, is it a good idea to rush to bring 25,000 such persons back to the U.S. at a time when Hezbollah is at war against the strongest U.S. ally?

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/20..._americans.html

:D:D:D

Hey !!!

That there's a legitimate reason for them to be there. It is also a legitimate reason for them to stay there. And it isn't the worst reason for them to die there either.

It's certainly better than joethin style justification for the presence of 25,000 "Americans" needing rescued from Lebanon.

Like Katrina, you think our Gubment has the resources and the ability to evacuate 25,000 people or rebuild a city on a moment's notice? It's not like we have ships waiting by every hotspot on the planet. If you're vacationing in Beirut this summer, you might be a dumbass. Unlike you, I don't expect to grab the Gubment's teet the second after I break a nail. :oldrolleyes:

:D

We are rescuing them. But because the Republicans didn't have a 25,000 seat taxi pulling up in front of every American's place of residence, the Democrats blame them. See Randull's title.

Oh, and I'll give everyone a little foresight....if you're thinking of vacationing in the Middle East in the next 25 years, you might be killed.

The difference will be the Democrats re-elected their botcher.

Yes they did...sad. But God wants it that way...chocolate. Can't lie with his platform. :D

You libs are funny. If I have a flat tire at the end of my driveway, George Bush better be there with a jack and a spare and change it like a NASCAR pit crew. :D

These are radical Hezbollah Muslims we are talking about. We could give each a million dollars, food and clothing for life and they'd still cut the average American throat if given the chance. These terrorists hate the Jew as much as the American. It just so happens they don't have rockets that can splash down in the Rose Bowl in the next hour. Image. :D

I understand how people can be reluctant to call this "skirmish" a war. :D I can see how there is a hesitance to commit to engaging this enemy...the enemy that will give every ounce of their life to killing us. Infact, they love sending THEIR children in with bomb jackets to kill innocent children. We can't fight them for that...geez. :D These people are just a misguided people, so much that they are engulfed with a fantical belief that they approve of the beheading of civilians. They video it for chits and giggles...also...September 11th was Bush's fault and we are evil.

From Wiegie's article:

The U.S. military does not charge for evacuations. Nor do the governments of France, Ireland, Britain and Italy, which already have ferried hundreds of their citizens out of Lebanon.

I don't have a problem with the charge, as such, especially because:

However, the U.S. State Department has warned Americans against traveling in Lebanon for the past several years. The Web site for the U.S. Embassy in Beirut reminds travelers "that the U.S. government does not provide no-cost transportation but does have the authority to provide repatriation loans to those in financial need."

However, how exactly does that gel with what I posted earlier:

Maybe they were working towards this Made In America exhibition and invited to be there by our very own US Ambassador to Lebanon?

That sucks! F Bush.

Wait a second. Yer that guy that hates America, especially New Orleans. Why do we have to pay to be rescued? Would you privatize this? How do you charge to rescue yer own people from the middle of a war?

Caller: "I'd like a first class rescue...and please hold the chopper"

Dispatcher: "Hold the cop'pers?"

Caller: "Nooo....the choppers...like helicopters. I'd also like a balcony room on the cruise ship"

Dispatcher: "Well since this is a first class rescue...you'll get a balcony and a massage by Grits"

Caller: :drools: "Sounds great"

Wrong. People in a Do Not Go country should be on their own, otherwise it is the right and duty of our government to evacuate our nationals in case of an emergency. What exactly are "frivolous reasons"?

Here are examples of two parties of evacuees from the link below. These are frivolous reasons to have been in Beirut.

"I'm very happy to be finally out of here," said Joumana Safa, 33, of Atlanta, who had been vacationing with her two young children.

"I have regrets, yes. But if I didn't leave now I didn't know when I was going to get another chance," said Michael May, 21, a student from Norwalk, Conn., who had been in Beirut for about four weeks.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/.../ap2888717.html