[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what is the world coming to?

Azazello1313

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the crap about distilled water "leaching" necessary minerals out of your body is pure bullchit. i'm no biochemist, but i'm smart enough to be able to tell that dr. zoltan is a quack.

First of all, let me review for the record what distilled water is — it’s water that has been turned into steam so its impurities are left behind. The steam is then condensed to make pure water. The process of distillation kills and removes virtually all bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, and other organic and inorganic contaminants. Once distilled, the water is as pure as water can reasonably be.

For reasons I don't understand, any number of myths — some quite extreme — have grown up over the years about distilled water. A quick Internet search today will take you to sites that put forth such views as "distilled water leads to early death." Nonsense. One claim holds that distillation removes all of water's beneficial minerals. While it’s true that distillation removes minerals as well as various contaminants from water, we don't know that the human body can readily absorb minerals from water. We get our minerals from food, not water. By one manufacturer’s estimate, you would have to drink 676 eight-ounce glasses of tap water in Boston to reach the RDA for calcium.

Your question as to whether distilled water leaches minerals out of the body reflects another persistent myth. While pure water helps to remove minerals from the body that cells have eliminated or not used, it does not "leach" out minerals that have become part of your body's cell structure. Neither does distilled water cause your teeth to deteriorate, a false claim made by a filter manufacturer looking to boost sales. As far as acidity goes, distilled water is close to a neutral pH and has no effect on the body’s acid/base balance.

I hope I've set your mind at ease. Distilled water not only isn't dangerous, it’s the purest form of water. It’s also the kind of water I drink.

:D

I drink hydrogen peroxide. The extra atom of oxygen is beneficial because (as clinical studies have shown) oxygen is needed by the body in order to live a long healthy life.

You can find out more about it in my new book O... Really? which is only available directly from me for 3 easy payments of $59.99 + plus shipping & handling. If you are not completely satisfied with the book, you may return it for a complete money back refund (minus shipping and handling costs).

Additionally, the next 50 people who use their credit card and social security number to make a purchase will receive a free bottle of AIR (a special high-action breathing supplement consisting of 79% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 1% other gases) with their order.

ACT NOW!

Edited by wiegie

I may not be the most intelligent guy around, but I do sport a 155 IQ, so it didn't hurt me too bad.

I'm guessing that test didn't have any questions about interpreting graphs depicting global temperatures, sea levels, and CO2 levels.

This thread is very entertaining. :D

Edited by bushwacked

I drink hydrogen peroxide. The extra atom of oxygen is beneficial because (as clinical studies have shown) oxygen is needed by the body in order to live a long healthy life.

You can find out more about it in my new book O... Really? which is only available directly from me for 3 easy payments of $59.99 + plus shipping & handling. If you are not completely satisfied with the book, you may return it for a complete money back refund (minus shipping and handling costs).

Additionally, the next 50 people who use their credit card and social security number to make a purchase will receive a free bottle of AIR (a special high-action breathing supplement consisting of 79% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 1% other gases) with their order.

ACT NOW!

Are you sure you want to allow them to split up the payments? :D

the crap about distilled water "leaching" necessary minerals out of your body is pure bullchit. i'm no biochemist, but i'm smart enough to be able to tell that dr. zoltan is a quack.

So you refute what a scientist has spent 19 years studying by a VP of marketing for a bottled water distribution company and a post that basically quotes the marketing VP that was voted best post by a bunch of yahoo posters.

Your slipping Az.

Look I'm not saying don't drink bottled water, I'm just saying take a mineral supplement if that is the way you want to go.

So you refute what a scientist has spent 19 years studying by a VP of marketing for a bottled water distribution company and a post that basically quotes the marketing VP that was voted best post by a bunch of yahoo posters.

Your slipping Az.

Look I'm not saying don't drink bottled water, I'm just saying take a mineral supplement if that is the way you want to go.

jesus, yer dense. i don't think i'll bother with this anymore except to point out that most bottled water HAS mineral supplements, in contrast to the "purified water" dr. zoltan will eat out your insides like acid. of course, these minerals are added because some people like the taste. they're not added as a nutritional supplement, because the amount of ANY mineral you're likely to get in water is but a tiny fraction of the amount you get in food. you get the vitamins and minerals you need by eating, or by taking vitamins. not by drinking dr. zoltan's "ionized" water, or anyone else's.

Edited by Azazello1313

LOL, secrateries and spellcheck make me lazy. It is a wonder I'm not as bad as Yukon.

It's been fun, but I've got to go. Drink whatevery want to, eat or don't eat what every you want to. Have fun.

Out

So this isn't the Lance Bass is gay thread?

well it is sort of

you see Lance Bass used to be a hetero, but then he drank a glass of distilled water and it sucked all of the testosterone right out of him and he went gay

i'm no biochemist, but i'm smart enough to be able to tell that dr. zoltan is a quack.

Interestingly enoughI searched the esteemed "dr. zoltan and quack" on google and found this:

It's a situation followers of natural health trends may find appalling given the current pharmaceutical monopoly, but many of McPhee's fans may not have been aware that the show -- which often featured big names in natural healing like Carolyn deMarco and Zolton Rona -- was in fact a two-hour paid ad.

When I searched just her name I found this:

NOTE: People should be aware that Dr. Zolton Rona can be very expensive. According to some patients, "she charges $523 above what OHIP covers for the first visit, which you have to pay out of your own pocket!" (April 2006)