[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiki,Portis or Steven Jackson @ #4 pick?

TommyMags

I'm also in #4 spot in 2 diff redraft leagues. I'm am set to take Portis barring any preseason setbacks.

Just looks like nothing but good things for him this year. Only downfall is NYGiants and Dallas are 2 tough Ds that he must face twice a year.

portis...i think he will have a monster season

I am leaning Portis but I am still considering Tiki with the 4th pick. When you look at last year's performances alone, you would pick Tiki. Tiki had over 100 total yards his last 11 games and multiple games with over 200 total yards. He went on a tear in the second half. You look at Portis' numbers from last year and they are just not exciting other than his 3 TD game against the 49ers. In fact he did not score a TD until his 6th game. Also in their first playoff game, Ladell Betts had 10 carries. I read an article where the coaches are high on Betts.

But that was last year and time to move on. Portis' numbers could be improved with new OC Saunders and new wideouts Brandon Lloyd and Randle El.

The knock on Portis is Brunell's health, the knock on Tiki is Brandon Jacobs stealing goal line carries. Brunell's status may be less of an issue as Washington may have shored up the backup QB position just a bit by acquiring Todd Collins. Tiki has been talking about spreading the load that he can't keep up the workload of last year's pace. Tiki is 31.

Maybe trading down and getting SJax or Ronnie Brown in the 7th slot may be the thing to do.

I am going to stay at 4 and pick Portis but I still have my eyes open to what happens in the next few weeks. I am going to start hyping Portis so maybe the #3 pick will take him if LT tweaks his hammy or something. LOL