[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander for Bush?

Fletch

In a 10 team league with 2 keepers + 1 rookie keeper year to year, I am considering giving up Shaun Alexander for Reggie Bush. My RBs are as follows: LaDanian Tomlinson, Shaun Alexander, Dominic Rhodes, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber, Jerious Norwood.

Alexander, Tomlinson, and Brown were all original draft picks on my team. I like to look ahead and believe that RBs drive any team.

Let me know if its too soon to give up on Alexander and if Bush is worth the pick.

Thanks

Fletch

In a 10 team league with 2 keepers + 1 rookie keeper year to year, I am considering giving up Shaun Alexander for Reggie Bush. My RBs are as follows: LaDanian Tomlinson, Shaun Alexander, Dominic Rhodes, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber, Jerious Norwood.

Alexander, Tomlinson, and Brown were all original draft picks on my team. I like to look ahead and believe that RBs drive any team.

Let me know if its too soon to give up on Alexander and if Bush is worth the pick.

Thanks

Fletch

If you don't win the SuperBowl this year for your Fantasy League then there is definitely something wrong with your leagues scoring system, or you are keeping SA, LT, and Ronnie Brown on the bench all year.

Seriously though, are you playing against all 3rd graders? :D

:D It's entirely possible to end up with a roster like that in a 10 team keeper league...

But if you can keep SA, LT and Ronnie Brown, I'd stick with that.

Alexander and LT were both taken 1-2 in 99% of the leagues last year ... neither fell farther than 4 at the very outside.

So how is it "entirely possible" to end up with both?

Alexander and LT were both taken 1-2 in 99% of the leagues last year ... neither fell farther than 4 at the very outside.

Because it's a keeper league. That means that he might have been carrying the players for a while.

Not 3rd graders, but rather 4th graders. Same group has been together for about 10 years.

Just to confirm, I drafted Alexander, Tomlinson, and Brown. They were my keepers this year and I am RB heavy, we start 3. Here is the rest of my team

Bulger, Leftwich

Alexander, Tomlinson, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber, Travis Henry, Dominic Rhodes

Bouldin, Lav Coles, Joe Horn, Joe Jurevicius, Amani Toomer

Witten

Feely

Edited by Fletch

Because he didnt draft them last year....he drafted them both when they were the young, unproven rookies he wants to trade for...at least that is what I understood from skimming through all of this....

I'm not sure I do it because you still have a couple of guaranteed good years left in SA...but in a keeper league its not as crazy as some of the people here make it sound, especially given your RB depth...you are in a decent position to take a risk....trading SA for Bush is a risk, but consider that SA hits the dreaded 30 year old plateau next year, which means inside of 3 years, his production could be diminishing considerably...examples....Ahman Green, Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon...

Don't do it, but I can see your thought process for considering it...

even if you do this trade you should get more then just Bush for SA........

Considering the weakness at WR I would ask for Bush and a top WR for Alexander if I were to consider this trade. To be honest I still dont think I would do it as he could probably pick a rec off waivers to strengthen the WR core.